WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AZ has officially turned into CA.

Mike K

Reaction score
So I pay my $368 AZ boat registration for 2021 ... accidentally ... my wife did the same thing 3 weeks later ... after we figured out our mistake in 34 days ... we contacted AZ Game & Fish. ... well apparently now ... they have a set number of days anyone can ask them to do anything (So typical California) . They said “ yes we see you did pay twice ... but you‘re not entitled to a refund” . So lesson learned ... AZ is now CA.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You will get a refund. Just dont accept what you were told

Reactions: D19

Your ad here

Reaction score
How do they determine the registration price? I paid $35 in March this year. I got a <$20K 1990 21 Howard RC.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Wow that’s expensive. I register with the Coast Guard

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
So I pay my $368 AZ boat registration for 2021 ... accidentally ... my wife did the same thing 3 weeks later ... after we figured out our mistake in 34 days ... we contacted AZ Game & Fish. ... well apparently now ... they have a set number of days anyone can ask them to do anything (So typical California) . They said “ yes we see you did pay twice ... but you‘re not entitled to a refund” . So lesson learned ... AZ is now CA.
If you don’t or can’t get this rectified, I know the boss of the Kingman branch and can ask her at least if this is bullshit or not.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I would highly recommend not doing this

Hopefully you paid one of them with your CC and can just use your buyers protection. Let them fight with the AZ Fish and Game

I accidentally paid the registration on a car I didnt own anymore.. tried to get it solved and deal the mvd.. no dice. So I called the credit card company and refuted it.. I got my money back..

Well the mvd froze every single fucking registration on all of our cars.. 😳. I wasn’t even aware until some insurance shit came up..

Then the picture became pretty clear as to wtf happened.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
But we have nicer weather over here! and better burning gasoline.

Boat 405

Reaction score
How does this make AZ into CA? You screwed up paying twice to a government agency. Fuck me I don’t know any state that would make this easy to fix. Tell them to apply it to next year and move on.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
It was a California transplant working at az game and fish guys... C'mon read between the lines.

dribble

Reaction score
This is possibly the most idiotic thread title I have ever seen.

From the California DMV website:

You can request refunds for vehicle/vessel registration, driver license and ID cards, special certificates, financial responsibility (insurance), and other fees and/or penalties collected by DMV. DMV issues refunds in cases where you accidentally paid the wrong fee, or when a fee wasn’t required but you paid one.

Oh and by the way. My California boat registration renewal for two years is twenty bucks.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You can request refunds for vehicle/vessel registration, driver license and ID cards, special certificates, financial responsibility (insurance), and other fees and/or penalties collected by DMV. DMV issues refunds in cases where you accidentally paid the wrong fee, or when a fee wasn’t required but you paid one.

Oh and by the way. My California boat registration renewal for two years is twenty bucks.

My boat trailer is ZERO!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Trust me AZ has NOT turned into CA....
AZ Flag.jpg

Boat 405

Reaction score

Tried to get a refund last september on a CA truck I sold out of state. Tried for 3 months. Finally said fuck it. Followed all the paper work. Never got anything. What would you expect in CA or from any government agency...

D19

Reaction score
Typical government. If it were the other way around, they'd draft the funds out one of your bank accounts or take away a professional license or other privilege until you paid.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Don’t get in trouble w the havasu court... you’ll wish it was ca. Lol.