WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AZ MVD --- LHC MVD

Taboma

Reaction score
Is the LHC AZMVD, appointment only now ?
All I'm trying to do is renew my AZ OHV tag. Used to be EZ using Service Arizona Online, have done it every year for 12 years. NOW, I can still renew my AZ street plate registration on Service AZ, but to renew my OHV, I've been directed to AZMVD. Fine, so I jump through the hoops and establish an account --- BUT wait, I'm not an official resident, so no AZ driver's license or ID (Which we need to get, but thanks to COVID held off) so I must wait until Monday and call. Oh Joy.

So I'm now thinking, screw it, walk in, renew the OHV and get the AZ ID and kill two birds with one rock. BUT, will I even be able to get an appointment within a reasonable period, or best just to walk in ??

Anybody else ran into this recently ?? In truth, I don't know why if the MVD is now handling OHV tags, why don't they just combine the process with your registration ??

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was gonna ask the sme question, I think bull head is walk in again... not for sure though

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Parker is appointment only. Could not get through on the phone, so I went to the MVD at 8:00 A.M. waited with 19 other people for 90 minutes to make an appointment. Showed up for my 3:00 P.M. appointment nearly two weeks later. Needless to say I got my registration taken care of at 4:30 P.M. If the three MVD employees taking appointments simply took care of business there would be no reason for appointments. It is a real cluster F***

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Parker is appointment only. Could not get through on the phone, so I went to the MVD at 8:00 A.M. waited with 19 other people for 90 minutes to make an appointment. Showed up for my 3:00 P.M. appointment nearly two weeks later. Needless to say I got my registration taken care of at 4:30 P.M. If the three MVD employees taking appointments simply took care of business there would be no reason for appointments. It is a real cluster F***

That’s the government for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I *think* you can do the OHV stickers at the walk in kiosks..? I always have in the past for my RZR

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I think the OHV sticker is done through Fish and Game.

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
had a hell of a time doing the same thing but it came with the street tag...

I got both but it didn’t indicate that I would get them

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Spent hours on hold with AZMVD trying to register a new to us SXS.

Finally remembered there are companies that can take care of most of this stuff for us. Hit the duck duck go machine and found a Title company that did all of it for us in 20 minutes.

If there was ever an example of private business versus a government agency, this is it.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
this link https://azmvdnow.gov/home
There is an explanation video

All I'm trying to do is renew my AZ OHV tag. Used to be EZ using Service Arizona Online, have done it every year for 12 years. NOW, I can still renew my AZ street plate registration on Service AZ, but to renew my OHV, I've been directed to AZMVD. Fine, so I jump through the hoops and establish an account --- BUT wait, I'm not an official resident, so no AZ driver's license or ID (Which we need to get, but thanks to COVID held off) so I must wait until Monday and call. Oh Joy.

So I'm now thinking, screw it, walk in, renew the OHV and get the AZ ID and kill two birds with one rock. BUT, will I even be able to get an appointment within a reasonable period, or best just to walk in ??

Anybody else ran into this recently ?? In truth, I don't know why if the MVD is now handling OHV tags, why don't they just combine the process with your registration ??
3BEEBE07-D08E-4819-A14F-F757E2DAE4D8.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
My wife walked in last week at parker location, place was basically empty and they told her she had to have an appointment to get an AZ id.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I was amazed how well the azmvdnow.gov thing worked recently, CA DMV could learn from this. I was able to register a CA purchased used vehicle in AZ, no smog, no inspection. I just had to upload photos of my CA pink slip and insurance info.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go to “quick stop” on lake Havasu avenue. You can walk in and handle all of your MvD needs.. as well as your boat needs!

they are open Thursdays And fridays

Taboma

Reaction score
this link https://azmvdnow.gov/home
There is an explanation video

View attachment 940446

Watched that video, established an account, spent two hours until spent by frustration attempting to renew my OHV, there was no opportunity presented to select jack shit because once we clicked (And when I say WE, because after I gave up, my wife tried as well) on having no AZDL or ID, it was game over, message said we had to call.
I could renew my registration on Service AZ, no problem, could purchase Non-Resident OHV, no problem, but could not renew our AZ OHV that matches our AZ license plate. First time in 12 years of renewing the damned thing we've had a problem.

For us the video was useless ---- So what did you use for a CREDENTIAL ?? What happened after you clicked you had no AZ Driver's License or AZ ID ?

Taboma

Reaction score
Go to “quick stop” on lake Havasu avenue. You can walk in and handle all of your MvD needs.. as well as your boat needs!

they are open Thursdays And fridays

Thanks Dave, according to the Quick Stop Web Site, they're open Mon-Fri 9AM-3PM, for MVD titles and reg and Thurs - Friday 9AM - 3PM for Game and Fish.
Since this used to be purchased through Game and Fish, but is now bundled with MVD services, I'll call them just to make sure.
Sounds much easier than dealing with MVD, who used to be AWESOME at least prior to CV-19.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was amazed how well the azmvdnow.gov thing worked recently, CA DMV could learn from this. I was able to register a CA purchased used vehicle in AZ, no smog, no inspection. I just had to upload photos of my CA pink slip and insurance info.

What did you use for credentials when you were given the choice of --- AZ Driver's License, or AZ ID or None of the Above ??? What happened when you selected that you had neither ?? That's when we got the boot and were directed to call them, after a dozen tries we gave up.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Watched that video, established an account, spent two hours until spent by frustration attempting to renew my OHV, there was no opportunity presented to select jack shit because once we clicked (And when I say WE, because after I gave up, my wife tried as well) on having no AZDL or ID, it was game over, message said we had to call.
I could renew my registration on Service AZ, no problem, could purchase Non-Resident OHV, no problem, but could not renew our AZ OHV that matches our AZ license plate. First time in 12 years of renewing the damned thing we've had a problem.

For us the video was useless ---- So what did you use for a CREDENTIAL ?? What happened after you clicked you had no AZ Driver's License or AZ ID ?
I must have overlooked the part of the OP that your not resident no DL or ID. My bad. To your credentials question. I don’t remember, I was so p/o after going to MVD, that I called on hold like 5 min, guy on other end walked me through. Took 10 min total. once established dam near can do all tranaction in MY world online. My suggestion blown the phone up 0800 maybe you can resolve the ID/DL at the same time

Taboma

Reaction score
I must have overlooked the part of the OP that your not resident no DL or ID. My bad. To your credentials question. I don’t remember, I was so p/o after going to MVD, that I called on hold like 5 min, guy on other end walked me through. Took 10 min total. once established dam near can do all tranaction in MY world online. My suggestion blown the phone up 0800 maybe you can resolve the ID/DL at the same time

Thanks !!
Frustrating when I've been doing this easily since 08' on the Service AZ website. I double checked on the G&F site and it specifically states that if you're a Non-Resident, with AZ plates on your OHV, then you need the Resident OHV sticker which can only be obtained at the MVD website.
After setting up the new account, they sent me a verification on my phone, no problem. But once I entered that VC, the only menu was AZ DL or AZ ID, once I clicked neither, game over, directed to call MVD.

After being there inn LHC for 26 years, I really wanted to get the AZ ID, but held off due to CV-19. I'll try to call them Monday, maybe the person can walk me through it.
If not, I'll just drive over and use that Quick Serve place RD recommended, I don't mind paying a few bucks to avoid the frustration. Here in CA I use my AAA if it's at all possible in order to avoid the DMV.
How disappointing that the AZ MVD has apparently taken lessons from the CA DMV, I used to actually enjoy doing transactions there working with happy smiling folks.

One thing for sure, AZ isn't kind for what they charge for AZ vehicle registrations, damn near $ 350 a year for our OHV, which is more than we pay for our cars here in CA.
(Not truck, CA rapes me on my Raptor)

Regardless, and AZ ID will be on my "To Do" list.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I just did exactly this month ago. I did it online.

I didn’t have my AZ ID with me and I believe I created a new account and it “recognized” me in the system from my previous registrations.

Call the MVD with the website pulled up on your screen, they will tell you what to do.

I can’t tell you if it worked for me because I have an AZ ID. But I did not use the ID Card number to create my account. I leave the ID in AZ.

Taboma

Reaction score
I just did exactly this month ago. I did it online.

I didn’t have my AZ ID with me and I believe I created a new account and it “recognized” me in the system from my previous registrations.

Call the MVD with the website pulled up on your screen, they will tell you what to do.

I can’t tell you if it worked for me because I have an AZ ID. But I did not use the ID Card number to create my account. I leave the ID in AZ.

Thanks, interesting.
I thought it was just me, when after numerous tries, I got so tense my wife thought I might take a hammer to my desk top, I was relieved of duty and sent to the corner for a time out. 😖 Imagine how I chuckled when she failed just as miserably 😂

Oddly, I went to Service AZ site and could easily renew my OHV registration, no ID, no problem, but they can no longer process the OHV renewal of all things --- MVD only.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanks, interesting.
I thought it was just me, when after numerous tries, I got so tense my wife thought I might take a hammer to my desk top, I was relieved of duty and sent to the corner for a time out. 😖 Imagine how I chuckled when she failed just as miserably 😂

Oddly, I went to Service AZ site and could easily renew my OHV registration, no ID, no problem, but they can no longer process the OHV renewal of all things --- MVD only.

Yep, same. It did not put the OHV sticker on my street reg in Service AZ, so only 1 of 2 stickers came. I didn’t realize it until I got only 1. Called MVD and they told me what to do on the website. It was not intuitive, but it worked fine and I got my OHV sticker a couple days later.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yep, same. It did not put the OHV sticker on my street reg in Service AZ, so only 1 of 2 stickers came. I didn’t realize it until I got only 1. Called MVD and they told me what to do on the website. It was not intuitive, but it worked fine and I got my OHV sticker a couple days later.

I've never actually used Service AZ to renew my OHV registration because it always gets mailed to our SD home. But I could have yesterday when I went to their site.
So are you indicating that you can check a box ( Or similar) on the Service AZ site that allows you to renew both the registration AND OHV sticker ?
That registration and OHV separation when the sticker is required for OHVs, has driven my crazy since 08'. Why if it's required, is it a completely separate function, NOT ONLY THAT --- with ours for some unexplained reason, the OHV tag is Nov. and the yearly registration is Dec. I'm sure that started when we bought one of the numerous OHVs we've plated and the dealer made us pay for the OHV sticker at time of purchase and we waited a month to head to the MVD to get it plated. So now forever, I guess they'll never be in synch. 😖

With the hour time difference now, I'll call MVD just after 7AM tomorrow morning CA time --- thanks !!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No I had to go to a different MVD site that offers virtual MVD services to renew the OHV sticker.

I don’t know if I just missed a checkbox for OHV or what on the Service AZ site, but I don’t believe it is there. They tell you to renew OHV first before road registration. I didnt do that and it turned out ok. Just had to visit the MVD site.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Spent hours on hold with AZMVD trying to register a new to us SXS.

Finally remembered there are companies that can take care of most of this stuff for us. Hit the duck duck go machine and found a Title company that did all of it for us in 20 minutes.

If there was ever an example of private business versus a government agency, this is it.

What company did you use, i need to get mine done

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
What company did you use, i need to get mine done

I was in and out of there in 15 minutes...no appt.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Yep! It’s convoluted as fuck and getting worse now. The California migration continues....

Taboma

Reaction score
I think the OHV sticker is done through Fish and Game.

Only the non-resident one for $ 30, but that's only if your vehicle isn't AZ plated. The G&F site explains if it's AZ plated, resident or non, they direct you to AZ MVD.

Taboma

Reaction score
all through department of motor vehicles now and when I paid my street registration it came with it

That would be awesome, in 18 years of playing this game, I've never been able to combine them in one transaction.

Taboma

Reaction score
No I had to go to a different MVD site that offers virtual MVD services to renew the OHV sticker.

I don’t know if I just missed a checkbox for OHV or what on the Service AZ site, but I don’t believe it is there. They tell you to renew OHV first before road registration. I didnt do that and it turned out ok. Just had to visit the MVD site.

For this seriously non-techy, what do you mean by VIRTUAL ? Do I need a camera on my computer ? Nope, Don't have one, I've never done a virtual anything 🤭 At least that I'm aware of. 😳

I find it confounding I can easily renew my registration with a couple of clicks, but not the dumb-ass OHV tag. 🙄

Taboma

Reaction score
I was in and out of there in 15 minutes...no appt.

Hoping that Quick Serve in LHC is as convenient, don't see an EZ Title Service except in Tempe or Phx.

Groper

Reaction score
I did exactly the same thing about 6 weeks ago pretty cool how easy it was EXCEPT the part where it was had to find the "Title Transfer" part I called to find out that it's in your Account Profile or something like that I told the teller it would have been easier if the Title Transfer was listed in the drop down menu she mentioned that their still working on it other than that easy.
What did you use for credentials when you were given the choice of --- AZ Driver's License, or AZ ID or None of the Above ??? What happened when you selected that you had neither ?? That's when we got the boot and were directed to call them, after a dozen tries we gave up.
You have to set-up a ID Verify to set-up your account then your good to go.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For this seriously non-techy, what do you mean by VIRTUAL ? Do I need a camera on my computer ? Nope, Don't have one, I've never done a virtual anything 🤭 At least that I'm aware of. 😳

I find it confounding I can easily renew my registration with a couple of clicks, but not the dumb-ass OHV tag. 🙄

It is all a few clicks. No camera or anything needed. Call MVD Monday with a laptop open. They will tell you where to go on the site.

I said virtual because you can do most MVD functions there. Next year it will be all set up with your Account info and you will be able to renew it in 2 minutes. The account creation is what MVD helped with by phone.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I did exactly the same thing about 6 weeks ago pretty cool how easy it was EXCEPT the part where it was had to find the "Title Transfer" part I called to find out that it's in your Account Profile or something like that I told the teller it would have been easier if the Title Transfer was listed in the drop down menu she mentioned that their still working on it other than that easy.

This. I scanned my CA DL for this I believe.

Taboma

Reaction score

I recall reaching a phase of setting up my account where I was presented (If I recall) with two choices. One required a computer with a camera --- nope don't own one.
2nd required another facial recognition, using some downloaded APP on my smart phone --- Ummmm, nope, I won't do that, one of those "Old guy" lines I refuse to cross. 😁
I guess my refusal to select one or the other and my selection of none of the above got me banished from the MVD kingdom. :rolleyes:

Taboma

Reaction score
This. I scanned my CA DL for this I believe.

Well OK, I suppose I consent to scanning my CA DL -- wonder if I can get my AZ ID that way too ??? Just as long as I don't have to download any Apps, I don't do Apps.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well OK, I suppose I consent to scanning my CA DL -- wonder if I can get my AZ ID that way too ??? Just as long as I don't have to download any Apps, I don't do Apps.

There are no apps.

Taboma

Reaction score
There are no apps.

Thanks, really, I'll call them in the AM and let them walk me through it. I feel more confident that at least they're aware of what we need and apparently how to accomplish it.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I recall reaching a phase of setting up my account where I was presented (If I recall) with two choices. One required a computer with a camera --- nope don't own one.
2nd required another facial recognition, using some downloaded APP on my smart phone --- Ummmm, nope, I won't do that, one of those "Old guy" lines I refuse to cross. 😁
I guess my refusal to select one or the other and my selection of none of the above got me banished from the MVD kingdom. :rolleyes:

You’re able to scan any document or paperwork with your phone. It will save it into a PDF. You could upload that on their site.

Taboma

Reaction score
Well, almost a week since I posted this "How to" thread and despite placing numerous calls to AZMVD damn near every day, starting at 8AM and trying at different hours several days this week, I'm still unable to get past the "Due to a higher than normal call volume, we're unable to take your call" automated message.

I've tried a few more times online, but after successfully logging on to my account, providing my VIN and SS#, they can find no record of my vehicle, despite it being currently registered in AZ and having a current OHV sticker until the end of this month.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for somebody who's attempting to call to make an appointment to visit the MVD.

Guess we'll be making a stop at the "Quick Stop" RD recommended. Their website doesn't list the OHV as included in their service and they don't field phone calls, you will only get a message.

I was also considering finally getting that AZ ID I should have gotten years ago. After reviewing the process to assure I have the proper documentation, I'm fearing I procrastinated and this process will no longer be as easily as it was prior. This due to the more stringent "REAL ID" federal requirements and not actually being a legal AZ Resident despite owning several properties there for over 25 years. Until my wife retires our official residency will remain in the state of awesome weather 😁 and we already have "Real ID" cards to prove it. Not sure you can have two Real ID's --- but I'll inquire at Quick Stop.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes.. I have a few things I need to take care of and might be there today as well

PaPaG

Reaction score
I had to register the new to me truck a few days ago in AZ. Made the call with the number on the website, on hold for about 10 minutes, mvd agent that handled my registration was very calm, easy going, no attitude. He walked me through the process while doing it, all done in 10 minutes and will be getting the plates and paper title in the mail in 7-10 days....easiest title and registration I have ever done.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My DL expires this month and I never received a renewal notice. I walked into Havasu MVD Monday after work, waited in line and made an appointment for the following Tuesday. I too has tried the Service AZ website to make an appointment without any luck. Inside the office there are 3 lines now, one for the kiosk to do vehicle registration renewals, one for appointments and one for "other questions". The appointment line gets priority but they take walk ups in between as they have time, it wasn't that bad 👍👍

To renew my DL I have to bring 2 forms of ID, berth cert, social, all kinds of BS, not sure how that got soo complicated lol. Ill report back next week!

Taboma

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes.. I have a few things I need to take care of and might be there today as well

well then you report first, I won't be there for a few more days.

Taboma

Reaction score
I had to register the new to me truck a few days ago in AZ. Made the call with the number on the website, on hold for about 10 minutes, mvd agent that handled my registration was very calm, easy going, no attitude. He walked me through the process while doing it, all done in 10 minutes and will be getting the plates and paper title in the mail in 7-10 days....easiest title and registration I have ever done.

I guess you got lucky and called at the right moment 👍 I wouldn't mind sitting on hold for 1/2 hour, if I could just get through. I'll try again today a few more times I suppose.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Let me go back to that website and see if I can retrace my steps..

Taboma

Reaction score
My DL expires this month and I never received a renewal notice. I walked into Havasu MVD Monday after work, waited in line and made an appointment for the following Tuesday. I too has tried the Service AZ website to make an appointment without any luck. Inside the office there are 3 lines now, one for the kiosk to do vehicle registration renewals, one for appointments and one for "other questions". The appointment line gets priority but they take walk ups in between as they have time, it wasn't that bad 👍👍

To renew my DL I have to bring 2 forms of ID, berth cert, social, all kinds of BS, not sure how that got soo complicated lol. Ill report back next week!

Awesome info, thanks, I was reading no walk-ins --- thanks

Doing more "REAL ID checking I found this ---- (a) An individual may hold only one REAL ID card. ... (1) A State must check with all other States to determine if the applicant currently holds a driver's license or REAL ID identification card in another State.

I can ask, but I don't think AZ is giving out ID's that aren't REAL ID any longer.

Taboma

Reaction score
Let me go back to that website and see if I can retrace my steps..

The last time I felt confident when after checking I had no AZDL or ID, it brought up the VIN and SS # fields, but didn't recognize either, so back to square one.
All I know is, I've had zero problems since 08' using Service AZ, now with MVD I'm striking out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@Taboma Have you gone to AZMVDnow.com and Created an account and gone through the verification steps?

Taboma

Reaction score
@Taboma Have you gone to AZMVDnow.com and Created an account and gone through the verification steps?

Yes, account established fine, but without an AZ DL or ID, it then allows me to enter my VIN and Social Security #, when I do it responds they can't locate a record, despite me sitting here staring at my 2020 AZ registration and OHV receipts. What verification are you referring to ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes, account established fine, but without an AZ DL or ID, it then allows me to enter my VIN and Social Security #, when I do it responds they can't locate a record, despite me sitting here staring at my 2020 AZ registration and OHV receipts. What verification are you referring to ?

ok your account is created and authenticated.. that is what I meant. The point you are at now is where I got guidance from MVD and it worked fine. I had to scan my CA DL and upload it.

I got the same message and called back like 5 times in a row and got in the queue.