WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AzGeo

sw1

Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to AZGEO ? Sure could use some advise from him.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to AZGEO ? Sure could use some advise from him.

He's pretty active on FB, I think Dave banned him here. I can get a message to him for you, pm if you prefer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He's pretty active on FB, I think Dave banned him here. I can get a message to him for you, pm if you prefer.

One of the things I truly regret, and wish didn’t happen.. but when you have two members battling like that and you tell them both the next guy that says shit about it is getting the axe.. well ya gotta kinda stand by what ya said.

I like ole George and think he’s got more talent than most!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
One of the things I truly regret, and wish didn’t happen.. but when you have two members battling like that and you tell them both the next guy that says shit about it is getting the axe.. well ya gotta kinda stand by what ya said.

I miss his input as well. I thought you unbanned him and he chose not to post anymore, If that's not the case maybe it's time to reconsider.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I miss George. He was incredibly helpful, a great source for historic info and a pretty darn smart guy. I get that he sometimes got on some peoples nerves but we have other members that seem to be here for that express purpose and they all get unbanned after a brief respite. So why is George on permaban?????

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I miss George. He was incredibly helpful, a great source for historic info and a pretty darn smart guy. I get that he sometimes got on some peoples nerves but we have other members that seem to be here for that express purpose and they all get unbanned after a brief respite. So why is George on permaban?????
Does kinda make you wonder, doesn't it????????

buck35

Reaction score
I believe Dave said before that he got a short term deal and just never came back on here. He seemed to be a wealth of knowledge.

MSum661

Reaction score
I first met AZGEO back in the 80's at his So. Cal. shop not far from Cole Boats.
Was a helpful Dude for sure!
I hope you can track Him down.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I first met AZGEO back in the 80's at his So. Cal. shop not far from Cole Boats.
Was a helpful Dude for sure!
I hope you can track Him down.
Tracking him down is not a problem, I have his number and I'm gong to call and see if he wants to meet up next time I'm in town. That being said I would be hesitant to invite him back here because like we have said before, this is Dave's house and we are just guests.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So what’s your excuse for GRADS then ?:p

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
He's active on the v drives Facebook page.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score

But we keep Grads because ya know... quality content 🙄

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

I get it, I have known George since before this forum existed. I know he can go on rants and not let something go. I also know that there is a lot lost in context of text.

George is an engineer in my opinion. He doesn't just throw the kitchen sink at a problem and hope for the best. He's going to pick apart every last detail and make sure it's perfect before moving forward and he's not going to be wrong lol

I had him over a couple years ago and he showed me how to degree a cam for my motor refresh. I always have installed cams "straight up" and trusted the measurements. George was able to show me to actually take all the measurements and double check that they were accurate. That particular cam was installed "straight up" and maybe we wasted a day taking measurements, but you know what, we knew exactly what we had.

I guess my point is, he's not a shade tree mechanic, or a weekend warrior. The man has invested his live to mechanics and truly is a wealth of knowledge. I don't know what actually happed Dave, and I'm not concerned. I don't even know if George cares? He is local and reachable 👍👍 Again, I'm happy to forward a message to him, or someone's contact info, if it helps.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I get it, I have known George since before this forum existed. I know he can go on rants and not let something go. I also know that there is a lot lost in context of text.

George is an engineer in my opinion. He doesn't just throw the kitchen sink at a problem and hope for the best. He's going to pick apart every last detail and make sure it's perfect before moving forward and he's not going to be wrong lol

I had him over a couple years ago and he showed me how to degree a cam for my motor refresh. I always have installed cams "straight up" and trusted the measurements. George was able to show me to actually take all the measurements and double check that they were accurate. That particular cam was installed "straight up" and maybe we wasted a day taking measurements, but you know what, we knew exactly what we had.

I guess my point is, he's not a shade tree mechanic, or a weekend warrior. The man has invested his live to mechanics and truly is a wealth of knowledge. I don't know what actually happed Dave, and I'm not concerned. I don't even know if George cares? He is local and reachable 👍👍 Again, I'm happy to forward a message to him, or someone's contact info, if it helps.
Tell him I hope he brings his grouchy ass on back in here one day🙂

KoolPop

Reaction score
I've spent many days floating in the channel with him and Kathleen, and I must say he's fascinating to talk boats with. If you've ever seen one of his "Finish Line" builds, they are awesome boats.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Grads is more fun than a barrel of monkeys !
Yeah, if you happen to like your barrel of monkeys to all be rainbow riders with dildos.:rolleyes: I've found that putting him on ignore has made for a much more enjoyable experience while visiting RDP. He used to provide some interesting content but recently all he does is try to stir the pot and sneak in as many dick pics as he can get away with.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
George is a wealth of knowledge. You guys gotta remember the internet came way after George. I’ve met him in person, he’s actually a really nice guy, someone I have a lot of respect for in the marine industry. Old school cool. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yeah, if you happen to like your barrel of monkeys to all be rainbow riders with dildos.:rolleyes: I've found that putting him on ignore has made for a much more enjoyable experience while visiting RDP. He used to provide some interesting content but recently all he does is try to stir the pot and sneak in as many dick pics as he can get away with.
Putting him on ignore disqualifies you from telling him to fuck off, so I’m out. 😊