WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

B-RADD77

JD D05

Reaction score
@mswasey

Yesterday during work our friend passed away. I am not sure if I should or wanted to post but I here I am. Big Brad has been a great friend of mine for 20 years and very close to the Swasey family. No matter what he called me everytime he was going to the lake. He was a great dad and husband, everytime I spoke to him he talked about his boy Max and his football career. Hard to find a more dedicated dad than him.

I will miss my friend.

IMG957472.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Damn that sux, seemed sudden as he was on here on Wednesday. RIP Brad.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
No way , how ? we had good times on Powell , RIP my friend

wallnutz

Reaction score
RIP. May his family and friends find peace.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
That’s terrible and it shows you how quickly and unexpectedly things can change and that life is both precious and fragile. My Condolences and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Ahh fuck......damn, this is not what I wanted to read this morning. Brad was a great guy. Last time I saw him was when we all went to dinner.

I can only imagine what his wife and kid are going through right now...........

Damn..........RIP Brad.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cole_skier

Reaction score
RIP and thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How sad [emoji20] Rest In Peace...

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Damn...R.I.P. Brad. Sounds like he was an amazing guy

mswasey

Reaction score
681D50D6-8AB8-4CEB-92AA-6C74AEA8B05F.png
EF9F52FD-47EE-4E8B-BF0E-2DCEDA2FDFFD.png
CA9A50D5-D3AB-412D-B35A-98407BDAE3CA.png
9D3BB6F1-53B0-4C3A-817B-E668173BC631.png
C0A9DADA-DC41-4931-A82C-DC9D0533755A.png
@mswasey

Yesterday during work our friend passed away. I am not sure if I should or wanted to post but I here I am. Big Brad has been a great friend of mine for 20 years and very close to the Swasey family. No matter what he called me everytime he was going to the lake. He was a great dad and husband, everytime I spoke to him he talked about his boy Max and his football career. Hard to find a more dedicated dad than him.

I will miss my friend.

View attachment 785520
I’m truly in disbelief, 50 years old, really??? Brad and I go back to when we were kids and have been buddies since. Lots of great memories and shared times, enough that I could write a loooong book about.
I’m glad you posted here JD Dearden, I know Brad touched many here with his Lake Powell threads, his Howard build thread, and various others.
He absolutely adores his wife Leigh and son Max, and lived to take them to the lake, to Moab, to events, to dinner, and honer them with everything he did.
Godspeed my friend, you will be missed immensely.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Damn! Didn't know him well but he made a point of introducing himself at an event a few years ago. He was a customer and we had exchanged emails previously.

May seem trivial but it says a lot about a person when they go out of their way to say hello and make a face to face introduction when they could have just as easily gone about their business. Glad I had a chance to shake his hand. Thoughts are with his son and wife. What a horrible blow.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
too young, too soon.

Prayers for his wife, son, and extended family and friends...

McKay

Reaction score
Damn! Loved running into him seamed almost monthly somewhere near Escalante! Now I wished I stopped to talk with him a few weeks ago when he was floating outside in the channel. Chose to just do a quick blow by as I knew he liked that.

mswasey

Reaction score
Damn! Loved running into him seamed almost monthly somewhere near Escalante! Now I wished I stopped to talk with him a few weeks ago when he was floating outside in the channel. Chose to just do a quick blow by as I knew he liked that.
Well, I was sitting there by him In my Lavey when you two blew past which was bitchin! Brad and I talked about how cool your boat is and he told me what a great person you are. He loved the high speed pass, you should consider that a conversation with him!!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met Brad a couple of times on Powell. When docking at Dangling Rope you have to watch out for the German tourists, so when I actually saw another Howard at Dangling Rope, I knew I could safely dock next to him without worry. Damn!!! RIP Brad. Prayers to the family.

---Rob

045.JPG

046.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited:

milkmoney

Reaction score
Very sorry to read. My thoughts with his family and friends

Godspeed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

McKay

Reaction score
Well, I was sitting there by him In my Lavey when you two blew past which was bitchin! Brad and I talked about how cool your boat is and he told me what a great person you are. He loved the high speed pass, you should consider that a conversation with him!!

Well thank you. Still wished I would have stopped and said hello again. Really a good dude that left too soon!

chase800

Reaction score
Wow! This is a surprise. I grew up with Brad, unfortunately I have not seen him in a few years we have chatted on here over the past few years. RIP my friend.

NuckinFutz

Reaction score
He will be missed by many. Ran into him years back in his DCB at Powell and then continued when he got the Howard. Wasn't until the past few years that we realized we went to high school together. I feel lucky to have spent time with him at the lake and he always called just to say hello when headed to Moab. RIP .

spectra bash

Reaction score
RIP Brad. Didn't know him but super sad. Prayers to his family and friends. I will have a bud next time out for him.