WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

B/U Camera - Wireless to I-pad?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I run an I-pad in my truck for nav and music. I'd like to get a backup camera that I can bluetooth to the i-pad. Anybody have one or can make recommendations? I could do an internet search but I'm feeling lazy so thought I'd check here first. :oops: :p

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
I run an I-pad in my truck for nav and music. I'd like to get a backup camera that I can bluetooth to the i-pad. Anybody have one or can make recommendations? I could do an internet search but I'm feeling lazy so thought I'd check here first. :oops: :p
I don’t have any recommendations, but it’s a good idea if the range is far enough. Do you have the pad built into the dash or just mounted?

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
I don’t have any recommendations, but it’s a good idea if the range is far enough. Do you have the pad built into the dash or just mounted?

It's just mounted so I can pull it out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Quite a few of them on Amazon and Ebay usually in the $50+ range.
I stuck with wired ones for all my cars/trucks albeit in the SUV I got lazy and used a wireless transmitter instead of running the cable which flickers now and then.

WYRD

Reaction score
Does your iPad just Bluetooth into a head unit or is the iPad integrated into the trucks audio controls? Looking for something similar for my 06 Jeep

calkid

Reaction score
I've been shopping for something to watch the load in my toy trailer. This one has an internal hot spot and connects to Iphone, Ipad, Android, etc via your device's internet connection. You can also download the app to see if it's compatible with your device before you purchase it.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I put one in the can am. It works OK. Picture is good the only prob is it doesn’t always link up automatically. Im sure there are better options.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
Does your iPad just Bluetooth into a head unit or is the iPad integrated into the trucks audio controls? Looking for something similar for my 06 Jeep

The truck is a 2008 and doesn't have bluetooth. I just use an aux cable from the i-pad to the trucks factory stereo. I use a ram mount type deal to hold the i-pad.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Al, this came up on sale today. They do deliver. Didn’t know if this is what your looking for.

Gotta love some of the reviews...

1621267880472.png