WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Baby in the road

calkid

Reaction score
We just got off the lake so this is my first chance to post this. We left the house towing the boat down Jamaica Ave and saw something blue and white in the street. I started to move to the left to go around and realized it was a baby! This kid wasn't over a year old and was crawling on the asphalt out past the white line about 6' from the curb. I did the required emergency stop and blocked the road to traffic. The baby was being supervised by two boys about 3 and 5 years old. They got the baby out of the street before I got to it about the time "Mom" came out of the house. I proceeded to tell Mom how far out in the street her kid was and she told me the two boys were supposed to be watching him. I politely explained to her that supervision is her job and that she was doing a piss poor job of it! My wife was both mad and emotional, I've never seen her so shook up. WTF is wrong with people these days.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
We just got off the lake so this is my first chance to post this. We left the house towing the boat down Jamaica Ave and saw something blue and white in the street. I started to move to the left to go around and realized it was a baby! This kid wasn't over a year old and was crawling on the asphalt out past the white line about 6' from the curb. I did the required emergency stop and blocked the road to traffic. The baby was being supervised by two boys about 3 and 5 years old. They got the baby out of the street before I got to it about the time "Mom" came out of the house. I proceeded to tell Mom how far out in the street her kid was and she told me the two boys were supposed to be watching him. I politely explained to her that supervision is her job and that she was doing a piss poor job of it! My wife was both mad and emotional, I've never seen her so shook up. WTF is wrong with people these days.

Drugs and or excessive alcohol. Same old story...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
People having kids that should not be parents

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Get you baby out da street! That asphalt had to be hot as shit btw

TCHB

Reaction score

Good job stopping and making sure the little one did not get hit!!!
Now go home and have a beer.

530RL

Reaction score
In Phoenix it takes 7 different permits to sell hot dogs out of cart. I doubt this mom could qualify for a hot dog stand. :(

minijeep

Reaction score
That's f'd up! Good job at least looking out for the kid.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

We call them Houseo's. Dumb as dog shit letting 2 young kids look after a baby like that :grumble:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
When my daughter was a year old, I had her outside with me while I was sanding a headboard. I took my eyes off of her for what I thought was a few seconds.. then I hear a horn honking and look for the noise. My daughter was out in the street 200 feet from me. I still swear it was only a couple of seconds. Now she was walking not crawling as the OP stated this baby was doing.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So 2 children that should be supervised by an adult were responsible for watching this infant?
Good grief, sounds like my ex(RIP) is actually still alive. [emoji47]

2Driver

Reaction score
Should of called the cops and said they need to do a wellness/safety check on those kids. That mom is a dumbass

Yep. I would have been right on the phone with Havasu's finest. Nab a few pics to document it and she would have been out where she belongs