WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Baby boy landon

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
He lei poina ʻole ke keiki

Congratulations, and take it all in tomorrow. Best wishes to you and your growing family!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
That is such a bummer :( They didn't get the memo from the President that the pandemic is over?

Enjoy your last evening having your wife to yourself for a while :) Your life is going to completely change tomorrow. Best wishes to your family!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Our first child arrived via induced labor. And that was in Italy. My wife had a condition where carrying the baby beyond term could be harmful to her and/or the baby. Fortunately, I was in port. The labor was induced at 7am. The Italian doctor confidently announced our baby would be born in 12 hours. He missed that prediction by less than 20 minutes. For us, it all worked out great.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Well the wife just went in for the induction and I almost had it out with the little rent a cop ever other facility besides Kaiser knows covid is over but Kaiser still has you wearing mask and they just told me again that I can not be in there when she is induced I have to wait in the car if she gets admitted then I will get a phone call and so basically she has to sit in a room by herself until they decide she is far enough along to be admitted and then they will call me up fucking bull shit if you ask me oh and to top it off they only wait 3 hours for the induction to work then they send you home and have you wait keep in mind I live in hemet and closest Kaiser is Moreno Valley okay rant is over

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
Well the wife just went in for the induction and I almost had it out with the little rent a cop ever other facility besides Kaiser knows covid is over but Kaiser still has you wearing mask and they just told me again that I can not be in there when she is induced I have to wait in the car if she gets admitted then I will get a phone call and so basically she has to sit in a room by herself until they decide she is far enough along to be admitted and then they will call me up fucking bull shit if you ask me oh and to top it off they only wait 3 hours for the induction to work then they send you home and have you wait keep in mind I live in hemet and closest Kaiser is Moreno Valley okay rant is over
Sucks for sure and definitely not the way we had our first one. It was basically a party in there. Sorry...but try and stay focused on the fact that you have a true blessing coming and you are going to be a Dad shortly. Easier said than done...I know.

Congrats again!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. My wife’s hospital room in Italy was one big party. The most popular items in the hospital gift shop were bottles of good wine. And my wife doesn’t drink wine. Me and my buddies got kicked out of the delivery room for making my wife laugh, while she was in labor. Our healthy 7+ lb baby girl was delivered by a mid wife. The Dr didn’t even show up. Found out that was common practice in Italy.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
WTF? Sorry, be patient, and post up pics of said baby and mom when the time comes, congrats!!

gqchris

Reaction score
Congrats! That is bullshit.

I had my baby ayear and a half ago in the middle of Covid bullshit, and I was allowed with my wife the whole way. WTF is going on with Kaiser?

Try to relax, I know its hard. Wife needs you calm and cool. She is the one about to go into Mom mode and fight the good fight to bring your Son into the world!

Enjoy these l ast few moments of silence. Its all about to change sir!!

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new blessing. 🙏✝️🙏

Bummer they’re making it a pain ~ forget them & enjoy.

“Mrs.”

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope that all went well today and everyone is doing well.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
How is she doing @BIGRED9158 ?
we are still stuck at that 3 and half 4cm with no change in 12 hours wife has about had it they keep jerking us around with the meds they put some ballon up her front door to expand and left in for 12 hours and it did nothing they are saying now that if she dose not dilate by late tonight early morning tomorrow they will send us home and we have to come back do this whole fucking process again in 3 days she is actively having contractions as well I don’t get it

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
we are still stuck at that 3 and half 4cm with no change in 12 hours wife has about had it they keep jerking us around with the meds they put some ballon up her front door to expand and left in for 12 hours and it did nothing they are saying now that if she dose not dilate by late tonight early morning tomorrow they will send us home and we have to come back do this whole fucking process again in 3 days she is actively having contractions as well I don’t get it
That sucks, I have a recommendation to speed things up but it's not PG if you get my drift...same deal that got you here LoL but it does work

D19

Reaction score
Just FYI if anyone here has Kaiser they are so strict with covid stuff they are inducing her tomorrow morning and I can not go in there until she is about to push fucking stupid

Congrats and good luck!

I delt w/ their buffoonery almost a year ago. They really know how to make a pregnancy an unenjoyable experience for the mother. I hate Kaiser.

Have they asked you to vaccinate yourselfs and the baby 45 times yet?

rivergames

Reaction score
Congrats and good luck!

I delt w/ their buffoonery almost a year ago. They really know how to make a pregnancy an unenjoyable experience for the mother. I hate Kaiser.

My kid pops out next month. It's unreal how many times they ask.

For being so intelligent with medical knowledge, it's amazing how stupid they can be to support shitty vax's

So many times I'd like to give them a piece of my mind, but then I worry they might 'accidently' drop my kid when he pops out ;)

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Congrats and good luck!

Actually no as soon as we got up to the labor and delivery room they have not asked us one time about getting baby or us vaccinated but that also could be because at that start of this she had the doc write in the chart to no bring up vaccination

Also do not care about mask at all

D19

Reaction score
Actually no as soon as we got up to the labor and delivery room they have not asked us one time about getting baby or us vaccinated but that also could be because at that start of this she had the doc write in the chart to no bring up vaccination

Also do not care about mask at all

All our nurses and staff were cool except one who would come into our room and tell us to mask up. After the 3rd time I told her to relieve herself as our nurse and assign someone else. She said she was the head nurse and I said you are not the heard nurse in this room. She never came back.

My kid pops out next month. It's unreal how many times they ask.

For being so intelligent with medical knowledge, it's amazing how stupid they can be to support shitty vax's

So many times I'd like to give them a piece of my mind, but then I worry they might 'accidently' drop my kid when he pops out ;)

They'll keep asking you after baby is born at checkup appts. If/when you reject all the other vaccines after birth, they'll talk down to you like you're abusing your child. Throughout the process I could usually expect my wife to be upset after every appt.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had a similar story with our first. Luckily when the nurse saw my wife was at only 3cm, she said, "Go home, have a meal and walk around the block. Once we admit you, you can't eat." Now at this point, my wife was afraid to go back to the hospital because she didn't want to be sent home a 2nd time. When we went back after about 10 hours, she was at 6cm and still having regular contractions. They gave her drugs to make the contractions stronger (no fun!) and after 26 total hours of labor, we had a boy! Once you hold that child, all will be well!!! Congrats!

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
We had a similar story with our first. Luckily when the nurse saw my wife was at only 3cm, she said, "Go home, have a meal and walk around the block. Once we admit you, you can't eat." Now at this point, my wife was afraid to go back to the hospital because she didn't want to be sent home a 2nd time. When we went back after about 10 hours, she was at 6cm and still having regular contractions. They gave her drugs to make the contractions stronger (no fun!) and after 26 total hours of labor, we had a boy! Once you hold that child, all will be well!!! Congrats!
Yeah we just paid a 600 dollar co pay for labor and delivery we are not going home if we go home they have to re admit her and we get charged again we will not be having Kaiser anymore after all of this is done

rivergames

Reaction score
They'll keep asking you after baby is born at checkup appts. If/when you reject all the other vaccines after birth, they'll talk down to you like you're abusing your child. Throughout the process I could usually expect my wife to be upset after every appt.

I'm in the heart if LA. I deal with nut jobs on the daily. Actually, my wife and I meet our pediatrician this evening at 5:15. My wife has read so many reviews of other Docs and feels comfortable with this one. Our delivery Dr. is one of the best out of Cedars. She had 2 residencies there and it pretty level headed knowing we're not vaxed and I don't want my kid vaxed.

Did you do the Vitamin K shot and antibiotic eye drops for your kid?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Once you hold that child, all will be well!!! Congrats!
^^^ This right here. 👍🏻

Sorry to hear it’s taking so long. It doesn’t seem like it now, but it does go quick. I remember thinking once they’re sleeping through the night, once they’re done with bottles, out of diapers…. Enjoy every stage.
Our first was similar. I took the wife for check up 3 weeks before due. Dr says “The amniotic fluid is low. We’ll induce. Call me when you get to the hospital.” My wife in I were in awe. She tells the dr, “But, we were going to go to lunch. Can we still go?” 😂 We walked out to the car and sat silence for a second. “I can’t believe this is happening right now.” was all she kept saying. 😂

She also said she wouldn’t have dated me if I had Kaiser.
Good luck and prayers for a speedy and healthy delivery.

gqchris

Reaction score
I'm in the heart if LA. I deal with nut jobs on the daily. Actually, my wife and I meet our pediatrician this evening at 5:15. My wife has read so many reviews of other Docs and feels comfortable with this one. Our delivery Dr. is one of the best out of Cedars. She had 2 residencies there and it pretty level headed knowing we're not vaxed and I don't want my kid vaxed.

Did you do the Vitamin K shot and antibiotic eye drops for your kid?
We did the K and drops but refused the Hep B when we were at Hogue last year. They kept asking I was lie, Im not giving my 2 hour old daughter Hep B vax.

We have been putting off the Pediatrician for the 1 year shots now. Im pretty much over them at this point. She got the first years worth spaced out. But my wife and I are not feeling the whole rest of it.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thats frustrating. I tell ya what though, I would try to push to stay, like you said.

My daughters heart rate started to drop and they discovered she had a prolapsed umbilical cord. Emergency C section. I have never seen people that sprung into action so quick! By the time they rolled to the OR, I heard baby crying. No time for anything. Scariest moment of my life. I almost passed out from the anxiety They are true heroes in Labor and Delivery!

Good luck on the labor!!!