WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bachelor Party / Havasu / Houseboat / Few Questions

WinstonP

Reaction score
Planning a bachelor party on Havasu in March, rented a houseboat, and now trying to figure out what the hell we're going to do. I'm hoping some veterans can provide a little guidance.

(1) Are there good places to park the boat overnight where we can be as loud as we want to be? Imagine that we're blasting music and being dumb at 4am -- is there anywhere that won't be an issue?

(2) Understanding that we can't take the houseboat in the Channel or Copper Canyon, where would be the next best place to park the boat if we're looking to party?

(3) Are campfires allowed anywhere outside of designated fire rings at the campsites?

(4) Can a PWC make it all the way from Pirate's Cove back to Havasu City? Or is it too shallow in parts?

Thanks so much for the help!

HCP3

Reaction score
I always see them parked in Steamboat. Don't know any of the legalities regarding overnight, fires, etc.

In fact some asshole driving the thing swiped our boat. Those things are beasts. The ass end swings around more than you think.

Last edited:

FishSniper

Reaction score
Planning a bachelor party on Havasu in March, rented a houseboat, and now trying to figure out what the hell we're going to do. I'm hoping some veterans can provide a little guidance.

(1) Are there good places to park the boat overnight where we can be as loud as we want to be? Imagine that we're blasting music and being dumb at 4am -- is there anywhere that won't be an issue?

(2) Understanding that we can't take the houseboat in the Channel or Copper Canyon, where would be the next best place to park the boat if we're looking to party?

(3) Are campfires allowed anywhere outside of designated fire rings at the campsites?

(4) Can a PWC make it all the way from Pirate's Cove back to Havasu City? Or is it too shallow in parts?

Thanks so much for the help!
Have seen them parked in Catail cove a few times in the past. A PWC will not have any issues with water depth between Havasu and pirates cove.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I can only answer on the pwc question. We did the Sea Doo ride a few years ago from site six, through the channel then to Pirates and had more than a half tank on all three sea Doos. We gassed at pirates to be safe and my wife’s boat is supercharged so it was on Econ mode but we would have been fine getting up and back without a refuel. We were following a crowd and riding easy. The water depth is fine for them.

hallett21

Reaction score
3 dunes lol.

How proficient are you and your crew at tying lines/anchoring a house boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinstonP

Reaction score
I can only answer on the pwc question. We did the Sea Doo ride a few years ago from site six, through the channel then to Pirates and had more than a half tank on all three sea Doos. We gassed at pirates to be safe and my wife’s boat is supercharged so it was on Econ mode but we would have been fine getting up and back without a refuel. We were following a crowd and riding easy. The water depth is fine for them.

Thanks so much for the info! How long did that ride end up taking?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Have seen them parked in Catail cove a few times in the past. A PWC will not have any issues with water depth between Havasu and pirates cove.
Catail Cove has Rangers. They would not likely be impressed with the usual bachelor party noise/behavior.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info! How long did that ride end up taking?
Longer than usual with so many people in that group. Usually, it’s about over an hour with all of the no wake.

Singleton

Reaction score
Buddies did this - talent was limo’d from Vegas.
They parked across from copper and had 1 sober guy bring talent from Nautical to houseboat. They put talent up at Nautical Friday and Saturday

WinstonP

Reaction score
They parked across from copper and had 1 sober guy bring talent from Nautical to houseboat. They put talent up at Nautical Friday and Saturday
Wow! Amazing. Do you have any idea how much the talent needed to get paid to come all the way from Vegas?

boatpi

Reaction score
Look at wipple cove, I hidden spot very deep Cove was a map over hanging trees at the end it’s on the California side.

gqchris

Reaction score
Wow! Amazing. Do you have any idea how much the talent needed to get paid to come all the way from Vegas?

If you have to ask.........lol.

I woul assume at LEAST a Stack each plus tips to raise their interest. Then you have the transportation and lodging.

I would head South my friend. A Hong Kong penthouse suite would be so much more relaxed and accomodating.

fmo24

Reaction score
Have seen lots of houseboat in steamboat. Can’t offer any advice on talent but after sunset I bet you can be as loud as you want

RVRKID

Reaction score
We rented a houseboat for our high school graduation, which was a long time ago, but we found a beach across from Islander/Beachcomber and stayed the night there with no issues. Another night we stayed on the beach across from Nautical, if you can find a spot there then you can walk to KokoHo’s and other bars around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinstonP

Reaction score
Look at wipple cove, I hidden spot very deep Cove was a map over hanging trees at the end it’s on the California side.
Thanks a lot. Sounds like just the kind of spot we're looking for.

2Driver

Reaction score

LOL, I would have bought a ticket to that.

Smart to have a DD that can actually drive it. Check the rental before leaving for one PFD per person aboard including people that board later as you’ll be asked to present them if boarded by the safety check LEO. And by the way March is fricken cold.

Singleton

Reaction score
LOL, I would have bought a ticket to that.

Smart to have a DD that can actually drive it. Check the rental before leaving for one PFD per person aboard including people that board later as you’ll be asked to present them if boarded by the safety check LEO. And by the way March is fricken cold.

They had a no phone rule on the houseboat.
Only guy that had a phone was the DD and he has a video. I heard the stories and saw part of video. I am shocked that phone was not destroyed, the video could ruin family’s.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Once you leave the general area of the channel and island, most of the land is BLM, Wilderness or AZ state parks. Unless posted in a designated and controlled boat accessible beach camp ground I can't see why you can't beach and recreation just like any other time of the day. There is no open and closed times on the lake, it is 24x7. I would just stay away from Indian Lands, beaches controlled by Indians or the City patrolled areas of Thompson bay and the Channel.

People rent houseboats and beach camp on the lake all the time, I can't see why you are any different.