WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Backyard swingset/clubhouse for the kids in Havasu...what route to go?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy/install a swingset/clubhouse/slide in the backyard at havasu... I've got a 15-20/30 space for it over turf... Would consider doing a shade structure as well outside of budget. Has anyone done one or have any advice? Costco has some cool options but I know the sun is going to be brutal... Looking for some kind of direction and how it was secured for the wind etc when we are not in town. Would like to be under $5k all in with around $1500 of that going to mohave pool fence to put the same pool fence they are currently doing around the pool...so 3500ish budget.

hallett21

Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy/install a swingset/clubhouse/slide in the backyard at havasu... I've got a 15-20/30 space for it over turf... Would consider doing a shade structure as well outside of budget. Has anyone done one or have any advice? Costco has some cool options but I know the sun is going to be brutal... Looking for some kind of direction and how it was secured for the wind etc when we are not in town. Would like to be under $5k all in with around $1500 of that going to mohave pool fence to put the same pool fence they are currently doing around the pool...so 3500ish budget.
The kids wouldn’t use it in the summer would they?

hallett21

Reaction score
Almost wondering if you should have a big sunbrella cover made for it during the summer. Just so it doesn’t get beat down in the heat.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Almost wondering if you should have a big sunbrella cover made for it during the summer. Just so it doesn’t get beat down in the heat.
My mom had mentioned this..one of her friends had a triangle deal on cables made for her grandkids. We are in and out in the summer but IDK what our schedule will be after next year. We are going to start keeping the boat In MT in the summer and havasu the rest of the year...at least thats the "plan"

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
My mom had mentioned this..one of her friends had a triangle deal on cables made for her grandkids. We are in and out in the summer but IDK what our schedule will be after next year. We are going to start keeping the boat In MT in the summer and havasu the rest of the year...at least thats the "plan"
Side note, did you pull the trigger on the MT property?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Side note, did you pull the trigger on the MT property?
We've bought a couple of land parcels long term near Dillon, MT in the last year which is where we want to land permanently, but haven't found our short term (5 year) landing pad for Brianna's stuff.. Im flying to Kalispell next Friday for a week to look there as well as whitefish for some places. Bozeman would be easiest for her, but we wanted to know all of our options before committing. This property will be "in town" so im more selective about it especially as a parent..and I need to be close to an airport for work. Oddly enough Kalispell flights are cheaper than Missoula or Bozeman.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We've bought a couple of land parcels long term near Dillon, MT in the last year which is where we want to land permanently, but haven't found our short term (5 year) landing pad for Brianna's stuff.. Im flying to Kalispell next Friday for a week to look there as well as whitefish for some places. Bozeman would be easiest for her, but we wanted to know all of our options before committing. This property will be "in town" so im more selective about it especially as a parent..and I need to be close to an airport for work. Oddly enough Kalispell flights are cheaper than Missoula or Bozeman.
That’s awesome! You should chronicle it for us. Living the dream. I’ve started to look for long term landing spots and prices have skyrocketed. Blows my mind.

A common theme is calling Bozeman, Bozangeles. God I hope that state doesn’t get ruined.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I have a wooden swing set and slide deal that came from Walmart. Yes my kids use it all summer long! I used 18" concrete forming stakes to secure it. Its been at 2 houses now and staked in 2 different places in the back yard. I will say, the quality of the structure is weak at best, but, it has held up!

edfb5206-ae92-43f7-b2d1-4cce40e9d771_2.14c016dbcdeeb08bbab695acd77f2790.jpeg

damhdsmarketingconcrete-and-chemicalsmetal-stakes198is112f18_hero_a.jpg