WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad Ass in LHC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love living in this town and seeing the cool stuff people own and build!

8021A574-6E6C-42B7-8871-9033F0471672.jpeg
B13CF247-A695-4E8F-B7B3-56983288CB88.jpeg

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
That was listed for sale a little while ago.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Ive seen lots of stuff there, but never that! I bet its on CL in a week or two lol

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Dave... I would have had to knock on his door at the house and had a conversation.... gonna be a great story.... and check out the Cadi back there!

Reaction score
can I ask a question ? every time someone post a havasu picture of a boat at home, swimming pool, backyard party or just a house, I see ugly utility poles. with the wind storms that are common there you would think the utility would be under ground.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
can I ask a question ? every time someone post a havasu picture of a boat at home, swimming pool, backyard party or just a house, I see ugly utility poles. with the wind storms that are common there you would think the utility would be under ground.

There are poles everywhere other than a few communities in town, the Refuge and the Foothills where we have lived were all underground, as is Residential Estates which is all the homes surrounding the golf course in the center of town. Homeowners can pay to have them re-routed underground but its pretty spendy.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
When the city was developed they just had streets and utilities. The lots in most areas weren't developed. Some required tons of dirt to be added, some needed tons of dirt to be taken out. Some were flat. When my buddy build his huge house up off of Bison with a great view he had the lines buried.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I know the guy that owned it here in Vegas he was going to trade for a couple cars. The deal must have went thru its all custom put about 200K into it was for his wife. Super awesome people!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hopefully that tractor is a restomod with current chassis, power train and brakes. If so that is bad ass except for the hideous colors and low ground clearance

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Majority of town is above ground...very 1960ish. A few isolated areas here/there and some of the newer developments have underground.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I couldn't see myself having to drive that behemoth. Cool hauler though.
For certain its colours you'll either love or hate.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
I would hate to make a u turn in that thing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Trailers I have, but I'd love to build a Jr. size toter like that! There's a few old tractors out on I40 and Proving Ground, keep thinking I need to see if any of those would work and be for sale.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Hopefully that tractor is a restomod with current chassis, power train and brakes. If so that is bad ass except for the hideous colors and low ground clearance

Yes it is and the interior is a custom work needless to say he took a huge hit but the guy is loaded! You should see the size of one of his garages and some of his cars!!!

rrrr

Reaction score
I know the guy that owned it here in Vegas he was going to trade for a couple cars. The deal must have went thru its all custom put about 200K into it was for his wife. Super awesome people!

If he only spent $200K, that's not much money for the size and complexity of the build. Modernizing a large vehicle like that can suck money like a black hole.

Andy B.

Reaction score
If he only spent $200K, that's not much money for the size and complexity of the build. Modernizing a large vehicle like that can suck money like a black hole.
Majority went onto the hauler the trailer people owed him so he saved a lot there mostly just materials.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
That guy also has a 57 or 58 Caddy El Dorado parked on that lot. 2x4 barrel carbs on that car,stock from the factory.I was lucky enough to own a 57 going to high school in Niagara Falls. Siphoned gas out my Dads vehicles at night.He later told me he always kept his tanks full so i would be ok. :)

rrrr

Reaction score
Majority went onto the hauler the trailer people owed him so he saved a lot there mostly just materials.

I figured as much. But building a frame and suspension for a multi-ton vehicle along with the power train and interior customization can blow through serious money.

I didn't have much of an idea how much restorations and customs cost or how long it takes to build them until I worked for the gentleman that owned the SCTA and FIA record breaking AA/FS Bonneville streamliner I crewed on. He has a fantastic collection, including a Ferrari 250 GTO, a 1926 supercharged Miller 91, a 1996 McLaren F1, a V-10 Ferrari F2003-GA, and dozens more rare race and road cars.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Dave... I would have had to knock on his door at the house and had a conversation.... gonna be a great story.... and check out the Cadi back there!

its sad how they f'd that Caddy up. Took a good decent caddy and purposely did that rat shit to it.

Sangerdog

Reaction score
The back of the trailer was cool. It had a real picture of the inside with the car in there on the back. Bad ass

shan

Reaction score
I guess that's cool until you have to drive it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Get the check book out. It's stupid money to put existing O/H utility in the ground.

4Waters

Reaction score
Get the check book out. It's stupid money to put existing O/H utility in the ground.
A buddy did that here (socal), he had to run the conduit under ground and Edison came and ran the wire to the meter no charge.