WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad boat accident at mouth of river

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
From Havasu scanner feed

BOATING ACCIDENT / POSSIBLE DECEASED(S)

Call posted on Friday, July 31, 2020 at 7:24 PM

At 7:05 PM Lake Havasu City Fire, River Medical Ambulance, Mohave County Sheriffs Office and San Bernardino County Sheriffs are all en route to the North end mouth of the channel near the refuge area for a two boat accident. The RP is advising three subjects from one of the vessels. Initial report is that two subjects are possibly deceased, a third’s location is unknown.

Battalion Chief updating location based on GPS to be right off of Crystal Beach area in the main body of the river.

Dispatch is advising that one subject that they believed was deceased is now unable to be located.

PD units are also responding, and they have dive team members.

Emergency command post being setup at Windsor Beach North Ramp.

Dispatch is updating (ref above) that one of the believed deceased was wearing a lifejacket, they are unable to locate him.

MCSO Dispatch advising LHCFD Battalion Chief that 1 Medical and two unaccounted for.
Two divers in the water.
Divers have located two patients, they are being taken to the MCSO boat. Battalion Chief advising the fireboat is less than a 100 yards out. CORRECTION: SBSO Boat.
SBSO Units advising Battalion Chief 1 patient is with MCSO, and 1 patient is with SBSO.
SBSO units updating 2 patients on SBSO boat, 1 patient on MCSO boat. They will meet the Fire Boat with it’s paramedics on board at the mouth of the channel.
The patient on board MCSO boat has a severe head injury. The MCSO boat is going to meet up with the Fire Boat on the lake.
1 Patient being brought in is a male in his 50’s, multi systems trauma.
Another patient en route to is a female, for exposure to subject – attempted CPR on a subject.
Medical Examiner requested to respond to Jetski Ramp (further north ramp) for SBSO who has two deceased subjects on board.
A second ambulance is being requested to respond to Windsor Beach.
Possibly only 1 deceased.
7:53 PM – Ambulance 1 is en route with one patient to HRMC Code 3 (Lights & Sirens)
8:03 PM – MCSO requesting their dispatch to contact a Ranger to do a flyover, as they believe there may still be one more subject outstanding

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Eight PD and fire boats that i count, can see divers heads popping up from time to time.
EA9ECF61-FF2A-4719-A886-D93F3BCFBB8C.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Setting sun going north is bad that time of day

ridebig

Reaction score
Wow. Not good. Praying for all involved.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
aww man thats awful...

Im now worried about all my friends there...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wow, hope there are no fatalities as initially mentioned.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good. Thoughts and prayers are with the families involved

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m sitting at Windsor now.. lots of cops everywhere. Windsor north boat ramp closed.

i am hearing conflicting stories of what kind of boat it was. Please let me know if you find out. I keep hearing it was a certain type of large boat. If it indeed was a large Silver CC (mti) I’d like to know ASAP.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Chopper is up making passes up and down the river, someone must be unaccounted for

hallett3

Reaction score
I have a buddy at the ramp and definitely 42 silver MTI with twin 400

RVRKID

Reaction score
This was a comment on FB:

I was outside watering my trees and plants and heard a big crash! Then heard a siren. But it wasnt near the roadway...it was out In the river. I live in Crystal Beach. The explosion....which was just the 2 boats hitting each other...wasnt a real explosion...just sounded like one....was LOUD[emoji174][emoji24][emoji169][emoji120][emoji170][emoji169][emoji120][emoji170][emoji169][emoji120][emoji170][emoji22][emoji95][emoji95] I'm afraid this is going to be bad[emoji873][emoji22][emoji174][emoji293]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I have a buddy at the ramp and definitely 42 silver MTI with twin 400

Damn. Drooled over this boat on its way into Windsor as we were leaving today. Very sorry to hear.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
i am hearing conflicting stories of what kind of boat it was. Please let me know if you find out. I keep hearing it was a certain type of large boat. If it indeed was a large Silver CC (mti) I’d like to know ASAP.

Was too dark to really tell what was going on as I was getting off the water, and was a bit of a shit show at Windsor south ramp. And holy hell the bugs.

One guy hit the dock and the truck driver fell in the water. Everyone was ok.. but 🙄. Boats were everywhere.

Wife thought some other boat with red and green graphics was pulling towards our trailer... it was just me with green bugs on the boat.

Last edited:

HavaToon

Reaction score
From FB the Silver MTI is in the picture but to hard to tell if it was involved
IMG_4004.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Was too dark to really tell what was going on as I was getting off the water, and was a bit of a shit show at Windsor south ramp. One guy hit the dock and the truck driver fell in the water. Everyone was ok.. but 🙄.
Same boats that wrecked or a different issue? Sounds like a tough evening on the lake. Hoping for better news.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Same boats that wrecked or a different issue? Sounds like a tough evening on the lake. Hoping for better news.

The dock was a different issue.. wife was getting ready to hop off the boat and heard a crunch and splash about 30 feet away. Guy in an Advantage thought it was D Day and stormed the docks. Luckily the guy that fell off his boat was ok.

That got my kids attention and my main concern was navigating through the newbies and inebriated operators at no wake speeds.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My prayers go out to the other boat involved. Yes it was my friends in the cc, and I was supposed to be in the boat with them but decided to stay in California because of the heat.

everyone in the cc is not physically harmed.. (mentally I’m sure will be a different story)

before any rumors start there is always a DD on that boat and he is a very responsible person. (Same driver everytime, also drive the other boats etc)

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hate to read this, positive thought for these parties involved.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Prayers for all on both vessels! I can’t imagine being on either side!! [emoji17]

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Ugh I hate news like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Any word on the other boat involved?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
From FB the Silver MTI is in the picture but to hard to tell if it was involved View attachment 905383

From the distant photo, it kinda looks like someone went over the back of the CC, but what Dave said makes it sound a little different.

It was truly an absolute shit show today.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Chopper left but several PD boats still on scene and it’s almost midnight, someone must be unaccounted for, looks like they have river blocked off at the mouth with a line of Pd boats.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Super bad situation. Best to all involved it sounds really bad.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yikes. Prayers for all involved. Hate these situations....

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I feel bad thinking "I hope it's nobody I know"...I feel bad it's any one at all.

This sucks. Prayers for all people involved.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Wow, saw the FB post last night as I was falling asleep. I was hoping it wasn't as bad as originally reported. My thoughts are with all of those involved.