WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad boat crash near Site 6

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
One enroute to Hospital, looking for another patient.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Lost my scanner feed... THATS all I know.

hopefully everyone’s okay

rvrrat350

Reaction score
MCSO has a deceased male on scene at SITE 5. 😞😢

rrrr

Reaction score
Oh man... This brings back bad memories.

My prayers to the injured and family of the decedent.

LC925

Reaction score
Hope all involved are accounted for. 🙏🏻

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Such sad news to read. My thoughts and prayers to all those involved.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
How does this happen on a Wednesday . There isn’t that many people on the water

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Multiple callers reporting what sounds like two boats hitting a third in the area of Site 6.
Emergency Personnel en route.
One of the engines en route to Contact Point to launch the fireboat.
Based on notes on the in-fire-engine computer, engine captain advising Battalion Chief they may also want to send a fire engine by land to the area as well.
Initial RP’s reported several boat crash. The last RP that called reported a single boat that crashed into land.
Two ambulances requested to be dispatched to Site 6.
Units Assigned: Battalion 1, Engine 2, Engine 5, Truck 1, AR1
Dispatch advising possible multiple ejections.
MCSO also advised.
Ambulance advising Beachcomber Boat Docks near Site 6.
MCSO Dispatch advising one boat ran ashore, another of the boats is still in the water with subjects still in the water.
RMI advising the incident is between Site 6 Lighthouse and Beachcomber RV, subjects are scattered in between the wreckage area. There is a subject in the water screaming for help.
Report of two boats, one off beachcomber and one by lighthouse.
There is another boat in the water that is searching for people in the water. MCSO Dispatch advising that there is another boat that is helping to pull a subject out of the water.
FD has one patient on the docks, looking for a second on the shore.
A Witness is reporting it was a head-on collision, one of the boats took off and kept going.
One patient is being picked up at the dock and loaded into Ambulance. En route to Havasu Regional. Subject was breathing and conscious.
MCSO being flagged out at entrance to Islander RV.
MCSO out with a boat at Island RV.
Witnesses PD talked to said the incident was heard at SITE 5 (Five).
MCSO requesting aircraft with Spotlight capabilities. Native Air seeking permission to launch and then en route to the scene.
MCSO has a deceased male on scene at SITE 5.
The Emergency Room has confirmed a subject has checked himself into the E.R.
Native Air launching.
A female has called from the Nautical and advised her and get dog were involved in the boating accident and needed to speak with officers.
PD now out with the other watercraft involved and two subjects.
PD is with a female, her duavhter and her daughters boyfriend who were all involved in the collision. No medical required for these subjects.
A boat ran through records came back to a 1994 Larson vessel.
Per Mohave County Sheriff’s Boating Safety Sergeant Kyler Cox, “all subjects involved in this boating incident have been accounted for.”

HCP3

Reaction score
Looks like it happened at night?

MagicMan

Reaction score
Sounds like a hit and run, unless the boat that took off did so due to seeking medical attention. This is a dangerous area to run at high speeds at night let alone if drinking involved. Sad to hear any boater passing away or injured, my hearts sinks whenever I hear this. Hope everyone else is ok.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Really sad when the best thing read is "all accounted for".

I can't see hitting another boat, running, mooring, and driving to the hospital...If you hit hard enough to need medical, others do to. It looks to be in this case it was a lot worse. I don't know "who" was at fault, but I'd wager "what" helped it along....

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
How does this happen on a Wednesday . There isn’t that many people on the water
Yesterday, Wednesday, the lake was packed. We went from the marina to 3 dunes and most every cove had boats in it. We got the last spot open at 3 dunes, not my favorite place, too much loud music and not so considerate people at that place. It worked out in the end and had an enjoyable day across from the main beach.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Their dog is now safe and accounted for.:)

Dog thought drowned in fatal Lake Havasu boat crash found wandering shoreline
BRANDON MESSICK JUNE 04, 2020
A watercraft accident between two boats Wednesday night killed one person and left another passenger in critical condition. As first responders attempted to clear the debris, a dog was set adrift on the waves of Lake Havasu.

A day later a pit bull-terrier was found wandering near the California shoreline – and still wearing its canine life vest.

Emergency dispatchers received multiple witness reports at about 10:30 p.m. in reference to the accident, with multiple passengers ejected into the water. Good Samaritans were able to retrieve one person from the water prior to deputies’ arrival. A second person, identified as 66-year-old Phoenix resident Richard K. Williams, was recovered from the wreckage by Mohave County Sheriff’s deputies. Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to investigators from the sheriff’s office, the two victims were traveling in a Bayliner watercraft in the area of Site Six when their boat struck another boat nearly head-on. Officials say no occupants of the second boat were injured in the crash.

Havasu resident and Community Emergency Response Team member Bob MacMillan knew authorities were searching for a missing dog after the accident. And when he took his family for a Thursday morning excursion on Lake Havasu, he didn’t believe it was a coincidence when he saw a large pit bull-terrier standing near the California shoreline.

“I saw him on the hill, a bright-colored dog in a life jacket,” MacMillan said. “He was about 70 to 80 pounds, and definitely in distress. We walked him down to the water and called the sheriff. They didn’t have a boat nearby, so we loaded the dog onto our Jet Ski and very slowly brought him across the lake to the Site Six launch ramp.”

Lake Havasu City Animal Control officers met MacMillan and his family at the location, where they took custody of the dog and transported it to Havasu’s Western Arizona Humane Society animal shelter. According to law enforcement officials, the dog will be reunited with its surviving family.

Western Arizona Humane Society representatives were unable to disclose many details about the animal Thursday, but described it as healthy and safe in their custody.

Citing an active investigation, Mohave County investigators indicated that alcohol and drugs were considered to be a possible factor in the accident, as well as low lighting conditions and speed.

Smooth Mvr

Reaction score
Our prayers go out to the families involved ! May this tragedy remind us to be safer and that stupid people do stupid s***t no matter how carefully we plan. Designated drivers save lives cuz every family member matters even when it's not my own!!!