WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad Day at the Launch Ramp Yesterday

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
After a great day on the lake yesterday, came back to Windsor ramp to find some dumb ass hit my truck with their boat trailer. Obviously pulled out of the spot next to me and turned without compensating for the trailer they were pulling. I get that many times an inexperienced passenger on the boat will retrieve the trailer, but I always remind them to TURN WIDE!! Did not have the common decency to leave a note or notify the rangers. Asshole!!:grumble:

I must say the rangers were great. Took a hit and run report in minutes, gathered evidence, and are going to review video. Looking for a yellow trailer with damage to the passenger side fender.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 26

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
After a great day on the lake yesterday, came back to Windsor ramp to find some dumb ass hit my truck with their boat trailer. Obviously pulled out of the spot next to me and turned without compensating for the trailer they were pulling. I get that many times an inexperienced passenger on the boat will retrieve the trailer, but I always remind them to TURN WIDE!! Did not have the common decency to leave a note or notify the rangers. Asshole!!:grumble:

I must say the rangers were great. Took a hit and run report in minutes, gathered evidence, and are going to review video. Looking for a yellow trailer with damage to the passenger side fender.

I've caught a couple people doing that and driv'n off.... that's why I only park on the end spots

milkmoney

Reaction score
That's bullshit. Sorry that happened.

Samething to me in Parker. They hit my boat trailer and no note or anything.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That really sucks[emoji53]
I tend to park the nose of truck short and/or cheat it to the left in my parking space for that reason.
Hope the Rangers get you some info on the perp, that would be cool.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
That sucks. I hope there is something on the video and they can fry the asshole.
Somebody clipped the right rear tail light on my F-350 about 2 months ago; I have no idea when or where but the suspect vehicle had to have been lifted to catch my tail light. The lens was shattered in place and I saw it when I was washing the truck on a weekend. I don't drive it a lot so no idea of when
$147.00 for a FoMoCo genuine part. :grumble:

welldigger00

Reaction score
My buddy got his trailer smashed up at Windsor too. I'll stay away from that place I think...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks. I saw someone hit a vehicle at Castaic lake and reported it to the rangers/life guards there.

nordictom

Reaction score
That Sux!

That happen to my Truck a few years ago at Windsor, when I was parked on the end spot. People didn't leave a note, but a good samartian(sp) left a not for them, LOL. Description etc. They ended up being parked 2 rows behind me. Rangers were the best, handled every great, even giving them a hit an run ticket.

Needless to say they were pissed, tried every excuse in the book, even said the wind blew the note they left off of my truck.

Hope they (you) catch the POS!

NT

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
That does suck. Only good thing about it is it wasn't the boat. Trucks come and go . not to downplay it one bit. It still sucks. I wonder if if they know they did it. My wife wouldn't know she did it. I would find my fender all tore up at home . just my luck.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you. I've seen this over and over. That's why when I do have to park in the marina parking and somebody is next to me I try to take a quick pic of their truck and trailer and plates. Jus in case can't always do it but if I can I will. Again sorry that happened

Dettom

Reaction score
I smacked a guy's bumper in a tight parking lot in Laughlin with my trailer once. I left a note, paid the guy for the damage. I didn't have a lot of money then and it hurt coming out of my pocket. But I learned from it and I figured karma would get me if I didn't do the right thing..You never have to apologize for doing the right thing. Lots of peeps out there don't care.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Perp was a POS. . . . And my guess is, YES they knew. Similar thing happened to our new Suburban a few years ago. Different ramp.

koenig

Reaction score
Sucks. Someone clipped my side mirror on my Excursion. They left a note.

Havexico

In a world of no rules..
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with my brand new Chevy at LHC marina several years ago. No way of finding them...

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
That does suck. Only good thing about it is it wasn't the boat. Trucks come and go . not to downplay it one bit. It still sucks. I wonder if if they know they did it. My wife wouldn't know she did it. I would find my fender all tore up at home . just my luck.

I hear ya though. Truck is just a truck, but not my damn boat:skull

DrHW

Reaction score
We watched a guy hit a car in a parking lot a few weeks ago. He stayed for a few minutes hoping that we would leave and then he could without leaving a note. He took off and I left a note. The Owner called me and their Insurance Company called and recorded our conversation. It sucks leaving the scene of an accident without leaving a note.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I clipped the bumper on a early 90's Hyundai accent that was multicolored with duct tape windows and dented to all hell with my trailer on Labor Day a few years ago. I never felt it but heard it make a funny sound, I hopped out and couldn't tell if I had caused damage because there were already so many dents. I still knocked on their trailer door and told them about it. They said no worries the car is a pos. next morning, they come over and demand I pay out of pocket no insurance. And there was no way I was going to put a claim in for that car. Long story short they got 3 quotes from where they lived. I ended up paying $1400 to replace a bumper cover plastic and repaint the car....the value on kbb of the car was $700. Bs you have to deal with when you try to do the right thing...with all that being said, I would still leave a note or talk in person if it was to ever happen again

BSP14

Curious Nonproducer
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you. I've seen this over and over. That's why when I do have to park in the marina parking and somebody is next to me I try to take a quick pic of their truck and trailer and plates. Jus in case can't always do it but if I can I will. Again sorry that happened

X2, been doing it for years. No guarantee that the one that hits you would be the ones next to you, but at least it's something. Also the reason I do the truck/trailer and wife does the boat.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
my car got nailed at havasu springs by someones trailer. big scrape down the side. luckily MOST of it was paint and i could buff it out. it just sucks that someone would try to back in their trailer into a spot, hit someones car, do an "oh shit" and then leave and park somewhere else so they dont get caught. they'll get whats coming to them soon enough.

cave

Reaction score
Sadly it happens all the time here at our local pond. Allot of rookies
and professionals tend to misjudge the lanes. The trailer parking here was designed back in the 50s before the 30+ size boats were the normal.

Now I snap a picture or the trailers next to me and get the plates on my camera fon.

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
That really sucks[emoji53]
I tend to park the nose of truck short and/or cheat it to the left in my parking space for that reason.
Hope the Rangers get you some info on the perp, that would be cool.

Yep. My wife normally does that when she parks. This time it was a buddy who parked for me. Oh well. I'm glad it wasn't my trailer. I think the repairs would be more of a hassle.

headshothills

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, that totally sucks... Ive had 2 incidents where people have clipped my vehicles, 1 at work and 1 in front of a gun range... LOL Both times They left a note, but both times the cars were POS'....Hopefully your insurance doesn't ding yah for it since you have a police report, but still shitty nonetheless...

linus3

Reaction score
Rock House. Parker Cali side. Right boat trailer fender bend backwards. No note...... Thanks :finger