WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad decisions hurt

baja-chris

Reaction score
*Black Bear Pass and Bridal Veil Rd open since 10am Sunday after being closed to vehicle traffic at 745am due to vehicle rollover. The pass re-opened after the vehicle was cleared. Thank you for your patience. See below for details.
230pm Deputies have learned that the women were driving up Bridal Veil Road and entered the one-way Black Bear Pass going the wrong way. The passenger told Deputies they did not see the sign indicating the beginning of the one way pass. After a couple of switchbacks they decided it was best to turn around. The passenger then stepped of the vehicle to help the driver navigate, and while backing up, two of the wheels went high enough on the embankment to cause the vehicle to begin to roll. The 2021 Ford Bronco rolled off the cliff an estimated 400 feet, ejecting the driver, the dog, and the vehicle's engine before coming to a stop.
1045am Dog update: 1 year-old golden doodle "Chewy" treated for minor injuries, doing well.
10am According to initial reports, driver is an out of state 23 year-old female who was ejected and suffered serious injuries. Her passenger was out of the vehicle when rollover occurred and not injured, and a dog was ejected and being treated at a local vet. Fortunately, no hikers or drivers of other vehicles were killed or injured by this falling car or associated debris.
Sheriff Masters wishes to thank TFPD, Telluride Marshal’s Deputies, and CSP for their efficient response and care and extends his best wishes to the driver for a good recovery from her serious injuries. Sheriff Masters also wants to remind everyone, “Black Bear Pass is an extremely dangerous road and should only be driven by experienced off-road drivers in appropriate off-road vehicles. Legally, a 16 year-old who got his driver’s license a few hours prior, may attempt to drive the pass in his grandmother’s 1980’s sedan. That doesn’t mean it’s safe to do so."
940am Deputies and wrecker on scene; estimated time for road and pass to be re-open is by 1030am.
830am Black Bear Pass and Bridal Veil Rd are closed due to vehicle rollover. Will reopen after wrecker removes vehicle. Unknown ETA.
Driver treated on scene by Telluride Fire Protection District medics and transported to Telluride Regional Medical Center for further care. #blackbearpass #bridalveil #telluride
Photos courtesty of Telluride Fire Protection District

BTW that used to be a Bronco Sport, not a Bronco. Not that it matters.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
For a rollover down a cliff that cabin looks to be in pretty good shape. Bummer the driver was ejected from the vehicle. Probably wouldve done pretty good otherwise.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Its not a bad trail at all. Weve done it ~50+ times. Heck, my 12yr old son drove our stock Jeep WJ down it one year. Another year we took a totally stock 05 long bed 4 door cummins down it.

Like mentioned above, just cant be an idiot. Yet at least once a year since I can remember, some idiot manages to do it.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I would actually say that rolling 400' down a cliff and being in that good of shape - passenger compartment wise - really says something for the vehicle's passenger protection. It sounds like it had no business being there and the people had no business either, but the important parts of the vehicle "survived". In a real accident, I care about nothing but protection of occupants, I would say that it more than did its job in how well it held its shape. Being ejected, My money says she wasn't seat belted.....

2Driver

Reaction score
But the commercial said all you have to do is put it in Rock Mode and it will do anything automatically.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
That Bronco looks like it’s made with energy absorbing body panels. Why wasn’t she wearing a seatbelt? She’d probably be sore, but not seriously injured if she had it on judging by the condition and the general shape (what’s left) of the body.

wzuber

Reaction score
Husband leaves wife and dog in Jeep gets out and forgets to put it in park...
How horrific would that be for the husband....watching that transpire.....helplessly....
Knowing he could have prevented that if he had only kept his wits about him...

JD D05

Reaction score
How horrific would that be for the husband....watching that transpire.....helplessly....
Knowing he could have prevented that if he had only kept his wits about him...

I can't even imagine. Not saying even remotely true but some think it was intentional.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For a rollover down a cliff that cabin looks to be in pretty good shape. Bummer the driver was ejected from the vehicle. Probably wouldve done pretty good otherwise.
That's what I thought. I rolled an 89 F350 crew cab, end over end, a total of maybe a 90ft drop...it was way more fukered up than that Bronco. I

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I would love to take that Bronco back to the dealer and ask about the warranty.

Reactions: DLC