WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad Spot for a Subwoofer?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It’s located under the RV and Damn it sounds bad ass.

Trouble is it eventually starts crackling real bad.
I'm suspecting the marine subs are water resistant but not water drench proof.

This Rockford Fosgate is now discontinued. No other has the footprint nor the cut-out size so I scooped up a few spares off Amazon
618D2CE7-D598-442E-A055-ADD566D183EB.jpeg

835188F4-8B43-4ED7-8708-D0D1D4D6BC0F.jpeg

I’m thinking water is blasting in through the horn and killing off the subwoofer from inside of the box.
I’ll try and figure out something to prevent that.
Maybe a plug for transit. Or a frog skin sock inside over the opening.

I've heard Subs are rebuildable and may eventually have to go that route if my supply dries up.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I like your style! Never seen that but that is some shit I would do. I wonder if its just a bad sub that maybe you killed. Those marine subs have smaller VC's and can be overdriven fairly easily . Im debating on swapping the ones that come in the can am stage 5 as I can hear them bottom out.

I think as long as you stay away form a paper cone you could probably find an upgrade

Reactions: TPC

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Another thing, watch for rodents. I had some ported boxes in the garage that were sitting. Went to clean the garage and the things were full of rat shit.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I like JL and will go that direction if I can get these fixes to jive.
I ordered some Outerwear fabric and will cover the plastic horn opening to resist weather getting in.

DLC

Reaction score
What about building a sheet metal cover that pops on or screws on quick, hooks on frt side, screws in on back side adds some gasket material to the edges or car door ding edge strip

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
What about building a sheet metal cover that pops on or screws on quick, hooks on frt side, screws in on back side adds some gasket material to the edges or car door ding edge strip

Shit, just hinge a cover on one side and open and close it like a door. You could use plywood with a hinge and latch . Probably help keep the bass on the passenger side of the coach to when it’s open.

Reactions: DLC

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Well shit, now I need to go find a spot for a sub box under the RV. I did a Rockford system in my buddies 5th wheel so it’s time for me to bump on him 😀 He was warned but I’ve been lazy. Now that I know I can look underneath it’s on!