WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad wreck south of parker on 95 at 1ish, thought we were toast

riverroyal

Reaction score
About 1 today heading south maybe 3 miles past the running man i had cruise set at 65, always cops there.
A nomad looking van life thing was headed north.
I always watch on coming cars on 2 lane roads...
I see a black tacoma go for a pass on the right, the black asphalt gravel.
I start to slow a hug the shoulder, the tacama gets driver side back on asphalt and now he is pulled into van.
Both van and tacoma are locked. Now i have passenger side in the dirt.
The started coming in my lane so i start looking for my exit in the desert.
For whatever reason the van drifted back right and they both went off. Both rolled who knows how many times. I slowly drifted back to all 4 on asphalt then pulled over .
Grabbed cell. Wife called 911 which was transferred to Crit. Huge cloud of dust, people stopped. Watched a guy in a white 4 door chevy off road it to where one of them ended up.

We didn't go back. Sat there for a bit

That was the closest ive been to a real bad deal in all my years going out.

Ive been trying to find info and cant.

DWC

Reaction score
Damn, hope everyone was ok.
PS. Good spidey sense. You knew before you left it was gonna be sketchy.

Reactions: DLC

riverroyal

Reaction score
That one shook me. Also really pissed me off. I know that stretch and you can get stuck behind someone for miles...tacoma went for a shoulder pass. Van never used turn outs. All i could think was fuck...we are going into the dirt at 60, no way im taking this head on

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Glad you were ok. Should have taken the death road.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah. I also thought about that! All the routes suck.

40 to the 15 was great today. I was hoping for a gift and to be home by 8PM.. been home for an hour and a half.

Took just under 5 hours to get to South OC. No traffic aside from Cajon, and it wasn’t even that bad.

A controlled exit into the the desert to dodge an oncoming car won’t be great for the truck, but by and large you’ll be fine, provided there is nothing immobile to hit and there is not a drop off.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Not a good feeling at all when that happens and its due to someone else being reckless and dragging you, an innocent person, into an accident. It can get in your head and changes your outlook on driving and how poor decisions can effect others lives, when it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Trying to get there 30 seconds faster cost a lifetime of pain and the sad part is the water would still be there had they not passed or even took a minute longer being behind the van. Hopefully everyone survived the crash.

Singleton

Reaction score
Glad you and the wife are ok physically. Will take a couple days for the mental side to subside.
Had a few crazy idiots driving home from Anza Borrego today. Inpatient drivers wear me out.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Years ago I had just arrived at Lake Powell in the main entrance, late at night, like 11pm. I had just passed the guard shack running the road that parallels the lake. Some kids were fucking around behind me and one of them in a nissan pickup truck hauling ass pulled out like he was gonna pass his buddy and me, he ended up fishtailing bad a couple of times and finally rolled. I'm watching the whole thing in my rear view mirror when it dawned on me he was carrying so much speed he was gonna roll into the back of my boat. I punched it and I have no idea how I didn't get hit. I slowed down after everything happened and a little further up was a viewpoint where I could get the truck and boat turned around called 911 and went back and parked about 100 feet from the truck that had rolled. I saw no movement and then suddenly a kid runs up to me and asks if he can hide in my truck..... I'm like what the fuck??? Hell no, I ask him if anyone else was in the truck and his face just went blank. I get out of my truck, lock the doors and walk over to see an arm hanging out of the rolled truck and upon closer look, well the rest of burned into my brain that I can't unsee. Kid probably had no seatbelt, most likely died instantly.

33905875-2716-4B45-9FD4-06A27F0FED4D.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Years ago I had just arrived at Lake Powell in the main entrance, late at night, like 11pm. I had just passed the guard shack running the road that parallels the lake. Some kids were fucking around behind me and one of them in a nissan pickup truck hauling ass pulled out like he was gonna pass his buddy and me, he ended up fishtailing bad a couple of times and finally rolled. I'm watching the whole thing in my rear view mirror when it dawned on me he was carrying so much speed he was gonna roll into the back of my boat. I punched it and I have no idea how I didn't get hit. I slowed down after everything happened and a little further up was a viewpoint where I could get the truck and boat turned around called 911 and went back and parked about 100 feet from the truck that had rolled. I saw no movement and then suddenly a kid runs up to me and asks if he can hide in my truck..... I'm like what the fuck??? Hell no, I ask him if anyone else was in the truck and his face just went blank. I get out of my truck, lock the doors and walk over to see an arm hanging out of the rolled truck and upon closer look, well the rest of burned into my brain that I can't unsee. Kid probably had no seatbelt, most likely died instantly.

View attachment 1070076
Stories like that are the ones that make me think I have some type of PTSD...
"Triggers", not the liberal bs ones.

I'm glad those that posted here made it out of some of these things. Things change in an instant...

Boat 405

Reaction score

I'm glad those that posted here made it out of some of these things. Things change in an instant...
Yeah, I've unfortunately seen three people in my life that died in a bad car wreck, one I was involved in which I had zero fault and two others that happened in front of me. It's a bizarre feeling seeing that stuff. Stuff you'll never forget or unsee. I can't imagine guys in the military that see it tens of times over...

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Damn man !! Thankful you guys are ok . Still never understand why people are in such a hurry to die and take other people out with them . Oh and good seeing you guys a couple times this weekend .

riverroyal

Reaction score
Good seeing you guys also. Next trip let’s follow each other! Ended up at the same.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yeah, I've unfortunately seen three people in my life that died in a bad car wreck, one I was involved in which I had zero fault and two others that happened in front of me. It's a bizarre feeling seeing that stuff. Stuff you'll never forget or unsee. I can't imagine guys in the military that see it tens of times over...
LEO's, firemen, nurses...they are all a different breed as well. I've seen a bit too much, and images, like you said, never go too far away.
I've always done well at the moment, able to offer aid if needed...but moments after the "pros" arrive, a worthless, shaking, pile of goo.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Def something that will shake you up.

Glad you guys are OK and hopefully the other vehicles had survivors

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

You do. I went three wide one New Year’s Eve on the way to Spangler. If I tell the story I get all wrapped up and feel like shit for hours.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I was heading into Parker once, not far after exiting desert center. It was late afternoon, still decent visibility and I could swear I see two cars side by side coming at me in the distance. I am in no hurry and lift, speed starts to decrease, I am still peering out, and swear they are side by side, but maybe its one behind the other and the road is curving there. Either way, I actually start riding the brake a bit and get down to 50 or so. Still coming at me, I start spotting the desert as riverroyal said, just in case, going even slower now. Sure as shit, it was a couple of bmw's racing each other, intentionally, doing at least 100mph, and the one in my lane finally merge over in front of the other not 100 feet off my nose as I pulled into the dirt luckily going slow enough.

I don't get angry all that often, but when I do, its bad of course, and this is the most angry I have ever been in my life. It took everything in me not to go run them down and do something I would regret. Its one thing to have a dumb ass trying to overtake, its even more infuriating when its two cock suckers racing for literally miles, this was not a few seconds that felt like forever, I was watching this develop for like 45 seconds at least.

HavasuHaulin

Reaction score
I came across that accident, it looked like everyone was walking around, there was a lady with a small child there but not sure if they were involved , and there was a guy that looked like he was trying to get the Tacoma to drive .. other than the roof it didn't look to bad.

2Driver

Reaction score
High speed 2-lane passings has to be one of the more dangerous things to do and ironically overlooked by driver ed classes.

Our 3 hour river trip was all 65 mph desert 2-lane. From the time my kid was 15 we practiced over taking slow vehicles and sized up others coming at us doing the same.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I came across that accident, it looked like everyone was walking around, there was a lady with a small child there but not sure if they were involved , and there was a guy that looked like he was trying to get the Tacoma to drive .. other than the roof it didn't look to bad.
thank you for the reply.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
High speed 2-lane passings has to be one of the more dangerous things to do and ironically overlooked by driver ed classes.

HWY 93 in Nevada...I will never ever take that route from up north again. Fucking truckers passing on blind double line curves galore. Came within feet of being taken out by one..I had to pull over for a while to stop shaking over that one.

95 from Parker is sketch...lot of shit drivers, and a lot of pass happy people willing to risk it all for nothing. There is a little clapped out POS Kia Soul with a orange/red with a black hood that will killl someone someday..have had him pass me pulling up hill on a curve more than once.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Our 3 hour river trip was all 65 mph desert 2-lane. From the time my kid was 15 we practiced over taking slow vehicles and sized up others coming at us doing the same.
Drivers ED probably wouldn't help. Most people have no spatial awareness. Now add in all of the other variables.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
HWY 93 in Nevada...I will never ever take that route from up north again. Fucking truckers passing on blind double line curves galore. Came within feet of being taken out by one..I had to pull over for a while to stop shaking over that one.

95 from Parker is sketch...lot of shit drivers, and a lot of pass happy people willing to risk it all for nothing. There is a little clapped out POS Kia Soul with a orange/red with a black hood that will killl someone someday..have had him pass me pulling up hill on a curve more than once.

This can’t be true regarding the 95 out of Parker. I have been told that people only drive unsafely to the river on Rice (Certain Death) Rd, and the other routes float you to the river safely on a cloud, it just takes 15 more minutes.

riverroyal

Reaction score
This can’t be true regarding the 95 out of Parker. I have been told that people only drive unsafely to the river on Rice (Certain Death) Rd, and the other routes float you to the river safely on a cloud, it just takes 15 more minutes.
they all suck. For us we dont take rice because I dont take the 10 anymore. lately the 60 to 10 route is complete crap so we spend another 15 minutes driving to avoid it

Dettom

Reaction score
LEO's, firemen, nurses...they are all a different breed as well. I've seen a bit too much, and images, like you said, never go too far away.
I've always done well at the moment, able to offer aid if needed...but moments after the "pros" arrive, a worthless, shaking, pile of goo.
It’s the sounds that get me. Screaming, frantic parents and cries like I’ve never heard. It burns into your psyche, never to leave.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It’s the sounds that get me. Screaming, frantic parents and cries like I’ve never heard. It burns into your psyche, never to leave.
I think everyone's different. I couldn't tell you what was said, traffic noise or even sirens on scene...almost like a silence.

But I could tell you what color their shoe laces were, and what was on their t-shirt :(

FCT

Reaction score
Glad your ok. Definitely have to watch for idiots. I was going up the indio grade on the 10just now and some idiot was driving on the wrong side coming down the hill on the shoulder on the fast lane side. Also 10 west at Haugen Lehman about 1pm today I watch a car get on the freeway backwards but thankfully realized it. Scary. Be safe everyone.