WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Badenochs to re-open?

old rigger

Reaction score
Sitting at the Roadrunner bar Wednesday night and the guy sitting next to us said he was working on opening the place up. The he showed us some pics of the work he’s inside. I asked him how he was going to work it out with CRIT and he pulled up his sleve and shows his crit tattoo. Said he can lease it for $1.00 a year but it won’t be called Badnochs, naming it after a guy he served with in Iraq. I think he said ‘Diceys’. I can’t remember the lady’s name anymore that owned Badnochs but he said she still owns the rights to that name and wants 100G for it.
Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bill & Jan Harrig owned badenochs.

I hope the new owner serves good food!

84miller

Reaction score
I do not remember when it actually closed. I knew it was somewhat available as I knew of a couple trying to lease and re-open. However they stated it was too difficult to work with CRIT. But I ate breakfast there back in the day many times and it was a nice place. Hope to see it open again.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Hope it re-opens with the same quality as Badenoch's. Use to love docking the boat there on a Sunday morning for breakfast!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
👍
370914A3-0208-480B-9DE6-1B8C4E0074A1.jpeg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My wife can't remember the name for anyting. I'd say we're going to badenochs breakfast.
Where's that?
Mimosas.
Oh cool

Boat 405

Reaction score
Can’t fuggin wait!! Used to go up there every Sunday morning for brunch when we were at lost lake. Now we are in havasu we would definitely go down for brunch.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Good memories there. Until after the mimosa. Couldn't remember as much after....

My wife would drink one with breakfast and get one to go. Lol

She was asleep in the boat before she could even put a dent in the second. She’d wake up about an hour later and the 2nd lasted the day. Lol we literally started every day for a week like that on a Parker trip, she loves champagne.

I got some quiet time in the morning floating too.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Sitting at the Roadrunner bar Wednesday night and the guy sitting next to us said he was working on opening the place up. The he showed us some pics of the work he’s inside. I asked him how he was going to work it out with CRIT and he pulled up his sleve and shows his crit tattoo. Said he can lease it for $1.00 a year but it won’t be called Badnochs, naming it after a guy he served with in Iraq. I think he said ‘Diceys’. I can’t remember the lady’s name anymore that owned Badnochs but he said she still owns the rights to that name and wants 100G for it.
Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.
I don't know that any work has been done there recently. I shot a few photos of the house when they were tearing it down. When I moved out here 5 years ago there was a liquor license type sign on the pole with a name on it, but clearly that didn't happen.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't know that any work has been done there recently. I shot a few photos of the house when they were tearing it down. When I moved out here 5 years ago there was a liquor license type sign on the pole with a name on it, but clearly that didn't happen.

I thought the place needed some Major sewer upgrade, and that's why the owners closed it down. They had been there too long and were done.

I sure hope it opens back up!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is some trivia:

Badenochs was named after Boris Badenoch, the cartoon character on Bullwinkle. Boris and Natasha

My old river house was about 10 lots up from there. I first went to Badenochs in the late 1960’s. Geez I am getting old!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Great news ! Lots of good times there.

I need a new badenochs t shirt.

After 20 years I cant fit into that old t shirt anymore (Im sure it shrunk)

UD