WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

baja tank

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
well, put a new baja tank on yesterday. the old tank wasn't cutting it for long rides.
before:
bajatank001.jpg

note the distance between the steering stem and the front of the tank.
after:
bajatank002.jpg

i know it's hard to tell but the new tank is 3" taller. i don't care much for the way this tank fits.it's an IMS. i wanted the ol' accerbus deal that was discontinued. oh well. i was lucky this thing fit at all. now instead of 2.2 gal and a gatoraid bottle av gas i can hold 3.6 in the tank:D
bajatank005.jpg

bajatank007.jpg

my motor is a little taller than most and now to change or check the plug the tank has to come off. the petcock(lol) is and inch lower and farther forward than it used to be ,also.
now i just need some stickers.

78Hondo Cruiser

Reaction score
Looks good you will be much happier I love being able to ride back and forth across ocotillo without worrying about fuel in my XR400 best thing ever going to the big tank. Have fun!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That thing looks factory! When I was a kid, if we wanted extended tanks, they were these big aluminum welded up jobbies that went around and up the sides forward etc.. Banging your knees on those things sucked big time.. LOL

RD

Kanzalez

Reaction score
Looks good you will be much happier I love being able to ride back and forth across ocotillo without worrying about fuel in my XR400 best thing ever going to the big tank. Have fun!

Smart choice adding some range and a comfort zone. It reminds me though, Did you know that Ocotillo Wells at its widest between S22 to the North and Hwy78 to the South is only just under 9 miles. I've actually circled Ocotillo almost completely on all the main trails/washes (perimeter) countless times and it is about 40 miles. My stock tank on my crf450 racer does it. Funny how far stuff seems out there huh? two strokes are the only bikes that ever seem to get into range trouble out there. Ride Ride Ride!!!!!:beer:D

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
well, my quad ain't neary as conservative in it's fuel usage as a dirt bike.the last couple times we've ridin' they were 30 mile loops +/_ . of course that is according to the gps i keep in the back pack and you know how reliable they are when you store 'em in there - "top speed 237 mph"...yeah. alos the last two "tectonic gourge" loops i added two gatoraid bottles of fuel to the tank and was still on reserve when we finished at camp. i'm leaving for the desert here in a couple minutes to see how far i can go on a tank. y'all have a good one-Jas