Transom Tuesday!

IMG_9316.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
Autometer Gauges In, Rigging Underway.

boAT`.jpg

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
Looks good! So did someone just put a drag powerhead on a straight leg mid?

gqchris

Reaction score
Looks good! So did someone just put a drag powerhead on a straight leg mid?
Thanks UAV. testing next weekend. Already had a few sea trials with WOT Marine and everything went great.

Yes 20" Mid, since the drags came with the 15's.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thanks UAV. testing next weekend. Already had a few sea trials with WOT Marine and everything went great.

Yes 20" Mid, since the drags came with the 15's.

That drag could really benefit from a offshore mid, I know you spent a ton so far but that’s what that powerhead was designed to be paired with if you can find one.

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
Exactly what Walt is saying is what I was thinking, you have the Drag powerhead andnin order for it to make its potential hp it needs to breath. I know that straight leg will push that exhaust down the lower and out but that creates back pressure which isn’t what you want necessarily. However it will work, but I think you would really benefit findin a 20” Offshore mid and tuner.
Anyways I like it!

HST4ME

Reaction score
I ran a s3000/drag for many years on a 20 inch mid. As long as you have the one piece plate and a 280 or drag tuner with the cooling system set up right it will be fine.

If you are running a three ram mid and the trim isn't healthy it will stall the pump. That and the three ram is too slow to up trim from holeshot if you monkey around racing

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking a good running 2 liter ....
The 2.5 drag is NOT a pleasure engine!
The 300xs is a big engine for that hull...could be a dangerous set up. Al Stoker would not recommend too much weight. He might be someone for you to contact. He is in Florida.
With the 2 liter , you would have decent speed, reliability, and there is a class to race it in!

The Rev

gqchris

Reaction score
225 Pro Max for that boat would be ideal.
Thats what may be down the road, I was actually looking in that range when shopping and didnt see anything. Now thats its rigged for a merc, its plug and play, which I am looking forward to.

gqchris

Reaction score
I’m thinking a good running 2 liter ....
The 2.5 drag is NOT a pleasure engine!
The 300xs is a big engine for that hull...could be a dangerous set up. Al Stoker would not recommend too much weight. He might be someone for you to contact. He is in Florida.
With the 2 liter , you would have decent speed, reliability, and there is a class to race it in!

The Rev

Thanks Rev, that why I did not do the 300xs. The boat sits actually better with this lighter motor on it now.

gqchris

Reaction score
So.... Hows it running? What kind of speed increase you see?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Running great. Still working on props. Havent really opened it up yet as we were on the lake last time and it was crappy out. I have a Mazco 24p on it right now 3 blade. On sea trial it did 89.4 mph on GPS at 7k RPM.

I was getting some porposing but was told its normal until 55 or so until the boat starts working.

Rigging wise, is great and sano. Love the sound of the motor. A whole new world for sure!

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
You should easily be able to pull a 28 big ear chopper but be easy on the up button. That hull gets very light in the front with very little trim and a chopper may have more bow lift than you want. Nothing like a 21 RST which is much more forgiving.

Laveytunnel21

Reaction score
Fun boat! Curious to hear more about your new numbers and prop testing! I drove it with the Johnson turd on it at about 70-75 and it was very light.. But that may have been that prop. With more HP you likely will be able to spin it up with more boat in the water. Either way looks like its being well taken care of!

Attachments

• Baker_Joey.jpg
    Baker_Joey.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 249

gqchris

Reaction score
Fun boat! Curious to hear more about your new numbers and prop testing! I drove it with the Johnson turd on it at about 70-75 and it was very light.. But that may have been that prop. With more HP you likely will be able to spin it up with more boat in the water. Either way looks like its being well taken care of!

Thanks Lavey! Appreciate you chiming in. Love to hear more about the boat as I get it ready this season. Did it have the current Jackplate on with the Johnson when you ran her? 12"? I'm thinking its too much setback, but getting opinions from the previous owners.

Glad to hear she was running that good with the Turd on her. I'm definitely going to be easy on the the UP stalk. LOL

gqchris

Reaction score
You should easily be able to pull a 28 big ear chopper but be easy on the up button. That hull gets very light in the front with very little trim and a chopper may have more bow lift than you want. Nothing like a 21 RST which is much more forgiving.

Thanks for the heads up Luv2GoFast, its appreciated. Easy on the UP stalk!

gqchris

Reaction score
Had a great time at Desert Storm. A few pics and a video. Nothing crazy as family was with me. Boat ran great. Loving her more each time I run it.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

412D9916-22D5-41C4-A2BB-088B9A83F938.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Some nice Water before the Storm arrived.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Did you get your prop sorted? What speeds are you getting?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What is that thing doing on the top end, gotta be close to 100. Just be careful, I have seen my share of Bakers blow over when I was racing mod-vp.

gqchris

Reaction score
Did you get your prop sorted? What speeds are you getting?

Nope havent taken a guys trip out in her yet. I have a 28 ET I am going to test next time out. To be honest, I like cruising at 60 with the motor barely working. And it gets there quick

gqchris

Reaction score
What is that thing doing on the top end, gotta be close to 100. Just be careful, I have seen my share of Bakers blow over when I was racing mod-vp.

I'm sure it has 100 easy in her with a new prop.

Do you have the video Walt of your buddy "almost" blowing over at lake Mojave when he was testing? I tired looking for it the other day and couldnt remember where to find.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Are you going to do the church run in June? That's going to be a boys run for me cause the wife starts beatin on my shoulder if I get over 60.

gqchris

Reaction score
Are you going to do the church run in June? That's going to be a boys run for me cause the wife starts beatin on my shoulder if I get over 60.

They must be programmed with the same Internal Governor! Hahah. 60 mph and the beating starts here also.

The Church run sounds like a blast. Need to put that on my calendar.

gqchris

Reaction score
Do you have the video Walt of your buddy "almost" blowing over at lake Mojave when he was testing? I tired looking for it the other day and couldnt remember where to find.

Never mind I found it! Keep reaching for trim and this happens! (Disclaimer, not my boat or me driving. lol)

gqchris

Reaction score
Video from last trip. Was about 115 degrees out. LOL, love the way this boat handles chop. Wind that day was round 15mph. Sorry for the wind noise. Guess I need a windsock for my gopro or something.

Last edited:

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Did you try the 28 ET? It may be a perfect match for that hull. For sure it doesn't need the bow lift of a chopper.

gqchris

Reaction score
Did you try the 28 ET? It may be a perfect match for that hull. For sure it doesn't need the bow lift of a chopper.

Not yet! Next trip for sure. I think youre right, may be just perfect. I do love this Mazco 24 right now as it does everything pretty well except have long legs.