WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bald Eagle Arrowhead

Reaction score
Bald Eagle in arrowhead, not the best photo it caught me off guard on Sunday in the middle of the day. IMG_6143.jpg

Cray Paper

Reaction score
It's always to cool to see one, so frigging big. We have a large population of them around Seattle, they like to hang out around lakes and the Puget Sound, just like crows and seagulls. I cross the 520 bridge every morning and there are a mating pair that roost on the light poles.

This morning I was driving around our jobsite and one flew over the fence about 15' off the ground with a 8' long section of fishing line and rope, the net almost touched the cab of my truck. Wasn't sure the wad of material was being hauled off a boat or the sound on purpose or if it was caught on it's beak.

Reaction score
He did a pick up in the middle of the lake then he did a fly by, the only photos I could get was with the marina in the background.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What part of Arrowhead is that? Near the marina?

Yes marina is on the left, launch ramp smack in the center. Highway crossing the dam in the right.

Adubya80

Reaction score
Wow....looks like high desert. Must have had a fire near Papoose Lake.

Spot

Reaction score
They are beautiful to see up close. I was bass fishing at Diamond Valley when I saw one crash into the water and grab a 2-3 lb trout. The eagle then flew up to a clearing on the hill where another one was waiting and they ate the fish. It was amazing to watch up close. I assume they were a mating couple.