Leaving now? Guess you’ll be there by Friday? :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Leaving now, get there Wednesday.

boatpi

Reaction score
Singapore airlines
Economy plus is fine, 17 hours non stop to Singapore then 2.25 to Bali. They use a special Airbus with just 160 seats, bar never closes and food is non stop. I sleep about 7 hours of it. Arrive at 11 am bali time.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Safe travels, have fun, post lots of pics.

hallett21

Reaction score
Heading to Bali in February. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't wait to see all your pics! Have an amazing time!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
My favorite place in all Bali; https://www.ayana.com/bali/ayana-resort-and-spa

For those RD's that have not been, hope this helps.

Bali, the southern most island of Indonesia is also the largest island. It is NOT crazy expensive. We do business in Surbaya and Medan too. In those inland cities I (corp) pay $69 a night for the JW Marriott.

At the Anaya you can often get rooms at around $210 a night, this is for one of Forbes 5 Star resorts world wide, and the magazine has only rated 21 resorts at 5 Star. I like the Rimba section, in the trees. Resort has about 165 rooms on 96 acres, with the famous Rock Bar, Google it. Best sunset in the world, bar none.

DO NOT stay in the beach tourist zone in Denspar, might as well be in Hawaii, no Bali feel.

River rafting in the rain forest, diving at the north end, surfing at a world class beach are all within reach. No rental cars, you hire a driver and his car for about $11 an hour, he will drop you and always be there to pick you up later. Real pros, Bali folks are super friendly. They make about $2.20 a day. For families, we stayed once at a resort about 2 miles up from the beach, had a 2 bedroom , 2 story villa, kitchen, its own pool, free cooked breakfast, for $180 a night! My daughers went surfing at Balangan Beach, a world class place

Singapore Airlines has fare sales, one recently had Bali flights at $550 for coach and $995 RT economy plus, the way to go. Business is about $2,300 on sale. ALWAYS stay two nights in Singapore, an amazing place. So much to see. Good hotels are about $220-300 a night, I suggest Westin. Book as a multi stop trip for maybe an extra $50.

Tips, one bottle of booze per person, or it will be seized at airport. Land in Bali Indonesia, by doing this your will NOT need a visa. NEVER bring ANY type of narcotics, MJ, etc., possession is punishable by DEATH, NO JOKE. This is peaceful area, no guns, mainly Hindu, few muslums in Bali

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Have to pick your brain, will be there in 4 months then on to Wakatobi dive resort for 10 days

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope the two of you have a great time on vacation and visiting with family.

boatpi

Reaction score
The 2driver, I see are in Kuta area, same as Anaya. Traveling on valley roads can be very difficult and very slow so you’re in the same region I would look on the map and make some plans accordingly. You can also stay in two different hotels since you’re there for 10 days if you do not have accommodations I can give you a couple of recommendations. Whatever you do do not stay on the main beaches in the city it’s an absolute waste of time you never get the flavor of the country.

by the way the food is absolutely fabulous one night you have to go down to one of the beaches in the city your driver will take you there it’s about a mile long with a cook fish that came off the boat that day barbecue it inside over charcoal and picnic benches are lined up during low tide 150 feet out from the street towards the Shoreline, it’s an amazing site. Dinner is maybe $10, beer about a dollar apiece

balinese food often is accompanied by various sauces some hot some not. make sure you dig into that and try them all that’s the unique part of their culture. try the lemon flavored beer it’s local it’s pretty decent.

reminder, stay in Singapore for 2 nights, take the river cruise, shop the bazzare area, good clothes super cheap. I got nice silk shirts for $10 each.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Lucky ass.. Wish i could get outta dodge through the holidays.. Enjoy Zig;)

sirbob

Reaction score
Have fun ! That will be a great trip.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Protip... Fly China Airlines business class out of ONT next time. FANTASTIC experience, and reasonably priced. I loved Bali when we went in May. If you're there long enough, check out the Ubud area for a very different feel than the beach areas.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Protip... Fly China Airlines business class out of ONT next time. FANTASTIC experience, and reasonably priced. I loved Bali when we went in May. If you're there long enough, check out the Ubud area for a very different feel than the beach areas.
Yup, Ubud's on the agenda.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Looks like a badass trip. Can't help but to be a little jealous. Keep your head on a swivel on New Years Eve and safe travels.

boatpi

Reaction score
Have a great time Ziggy. If you have time take a tour have a guy take you up the mountain little ways it’s about 10° cooler is a place to have lunch it’s really good at the rice patty fieldS. I was a lot to do with very little time.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Some good waterfalls as well. If you don’t have a guide yet, and want one, let me know and I can get you in contact with our guy. He was so good we talk and text all the time.

boatpi

Reaction score
Airport in Denspar is decent for being so remote, most everyone in Bali speaks English, it is taught in schools. FYI, Bali is the Hawaii for Australia.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Airport in Denspar is decent for being so remote, most everyone in Bali speaks English, it is taught in schools. FYI, Bali is the Hawaii for Australia.
I don't think it's nearly as pretty as Hawaii as a whole, but the people are 100x more appreciative, genuine, and kind. It's a better cultural experience and much cheaper as well. Blows my mind how amazing the people are while living in poverty.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I don't think it's nearly as pretty as Hawaii as a whole, but the people are 100x more appreciative, genuine, and kind. It's a better cultural experience and much cheaper as well. Blows my mind how amazing the people are while living in poverty.
It's when they come to America alot of then decide to become azzholes.

boatpi

Reaction score
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
Congrats, you made it. Take one day and about 1 hour before sunset, get a hired car to take you the the Anaya Rock Bar for sunset viewing. This is done by well informed tourists, in the hotter months you will be given and umbrella to shield you from the intense heat of the sun until it hits the water, then you can lower it. the most amazing place, a huge outdoor bar carved into the rock of a cliff, a top spot in Bali. And post more photos. these are of the private beach at Anaya.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Awesome Zig, looks a bit like the north side of Kauai so far :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
View attachment 824435 View attachment 824434 Congrats, you made it. Take one day and about 1 hour before sunset, get a hired car to take you the the Anaya Rock Bar for sunset viewing. This is done by well informed tourists, in the hotter months you will be given and umbrella to shield you from the intense heat of the sun until it hits the water, then you can lower it. the most amazing place, a huge outdoor bar carved into the rock of a cliff, a top spot in Bali. And post more photos. these are of the private beach at Anaya.
Gonna hit up the Sunset Bar here in Kuta this eve.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
No umbrellas in the cocktails? Econ+ as well? LOL

Have fun. Enjoying the pics. :cool:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yesterdays trip to Tanah Lot Temple. The cliffs there are known as Sunset Beach with amazing sunsets. As it turned out, we got hit 10 minutes before sunset by a deluge rainstorm that put pretty much any monsoon I've experienced to Havasu to shame. Soaked to the bones.
20191212_182747.jpg
20191212_170558.jpg

Passed by a bunch of rice fields along the way there.
20191212_180315.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Today was pool lounging. Short rain shower late afternoon. For dinner we headed down the beach road to one of the many beach bars/restaurants. Beach itself is loaded with beach bar umbrellas and trinket peddlers(annoying as fuk) however the sights are amazing.
20191213_190811.jpg
20191213_190652.jpg
The sand and water actually resemble so cal beaches except the water is at least as warm as havasu mid-summer....the sad thing though is a tremendous amount of trash on beach and in water.

Last edited: