WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barefoot Water Skier.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Having done my share of footing, it’s remarkably simple with glass like that. Tumble turns, tow holds, teeth holds, one footers, those were on my list. Only broke my nose once and one ruptured ear drum. Oh to be young again.

DWC

Reaction score
Thought it was going to be this one..
http://instagr.am/p/CIf7ERulC6L/
5C65C4D7-B75C-4C96-98FB-EA972AE6E4C8.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Remember when ESPN wasn't so gay and showed cool shit like slalom, barefooting, freestyle and whatnot? Dude is impressive for sure

Yup, the barefoot jumping stuff was nuts. Instant colonoscopy.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Waiting for good enough water to foot on took all weekend, I can't imagine trying now with surf barges out there.

On vacation years ago I trained with Mike Seipel on a canal in West Palm Beach Florida, glass all day long.

Where is that time machine?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Had me a barefooter for a while. The back had Provencher Ski School or something like that lettered on it. I never researched it bit was told the guy who had it built also used it for Gucci sunglasses or something in a magazine and was barefooting while driving hanging onto the steering wheel.

20130818_141428.jpg

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Having done my share of footing, it’s remarkably simple with glass like that. Tumble turns, tow holds, teeth holds, one footers, those were on my list. Only broke my nose once and one ruptured ear drum. Oh to be young again.
I did some barefooting back in the day. Notice how hi the boom is? Different game when it's 10' hi.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I still own a 93/94 Malibu Flightcraft barefooter.... with a Mercury 200 EFI. My wife keeps telling me to sell it, but its not worth much and I am having a problem letting go of that motor. I probably haven't footed off of it in 10 years, I am not as good as I once was, but I would be good once, better than I ever was...

IMG_2474.JPG
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
malibu.jpg

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
I still own a 93/94 Malibu Flightcraft barefooter.... with a Mercury 200 EFI. My wife keeps telling me to sell it, but its not worth much and I am having a problem letting go of that motor. I probably haven't footed off of it in 10 years, I am not as good as I once was, but I would be good once, better than I ever was...

View attachment 949487 View attachment 949488 View attachment 949489 View attachment 949490 View attachment 949492
NIce, is that Mexico?

I have the same boat in Colorado except with a Yamaha ProV. Still foot behind it every weekend in the summertime!

IMG_0517.JPG

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
NIce, is that Mexico?

I have the same boat in Colorado except with a Yamaha ProV. Still foot behind it every weekend in the summertime!

I think that picture of it sitting in the water is at Parker, but me behind it is definitely Mexico... If I knew where yours was stored I would steal the upper windshield bracket, (joking).. Both side of mine have been bent/broken from running the boom off each side at one time or the other.

Your looks in really nice shape. Mine is showing its age and use,...

cofooter

Reaction score
I think that picture of it sitting in the water is at Parker, but me behind it is definitely Mexico... If I knew where yours was stored I would steal the upper windshield bracket, (joking).. Both side of mine have been bent/broken from running the boom off each side at one time or the other.

Up close it is less spectacular. I replaced the floors and stringers completely a few years back as it was pretty much rotted out. This was the first Malibu promo boat in Colorado and pulled a lot of Barefoot tournaments in it's day in the early 90's. That ProV has almost 2K hours on it and still pulls strong.........

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Up close it is less spectacular. I replaced the floors and stringers completely a few years back as it was pretty much rotted out. This was the first Malibu promo boat in Colorado and pulled a lot of Barefoot tournaments in it's day in the early 90's. That ProV has almost 2K hours on it and still pulls strong.........

I think mine was the last year with wood in it before it went to all fiberglass... Its still solid as far as I can tell, probably the desert advantage with how dry it is... Motor has about 1200 hours I think and runs great. I have threatened to take off all the booms and towers and put a 3 blade on it and go run 70s up and down the strip!

4 full size dudes and a cooler of beer and that thing will still pull someone 46-48 off the long line!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score

If your ProV ever lets go... hit me up, probably cheaper to just come buy mine in running order. I would meet you at 1/2 way at Powell! I would need to go dig mine out of the garage in mex, but I would seriously consider it... Plus you could start doing all the cool new school stuff of the tower! haha

cofooter

Reaction score
If your ProV ever lets go... hit me up, probably cheaper to just come buy mine in running order. I would meet you at 1/2 way at Powell! I would need to go dig mine out of the garage in mex, but I would seriously consider it...
Probably cheaper, haha. Thanks but with the rebuilt hull, I will probably keep it forever. The ski schools down in Florida often sell their Evinrude promo motors after a year for a good discount with less than a couple hundred hours. May go that route if I ever need it! For now, I'm going to run it til it explodes!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Sure, glass is nice and all but you have to take what you got and never waste a crowd... rollers, chopped out and and no padding... just add some tennies and 10 or so beers.

Last edited:

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I learned on the exact same boat at Rio Hardy Mexico.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I learned on the exact same boat at Rio Hardy Mexico.

So if you mean "the" exact same boat, you either learned on in when Denise/Brian had it as a demo or when Scott and eventually I owned it.... It looks almost exactly the same as a barefoot sanger that is down by the Cantina. This boat lived its whole life in Kamarina's camp. I want to say "Phil" owns the barefoot Sanger, but my memory is failing me.

I guess it may have made some training runs at Art's barefoot school at some point, where someone could have been on it also?... we are pushing a 30 year history here!

Last edited:

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Same boat meaning the same Malibu. Scott Rowe at Campo Mosquedo

So if you mean "the" exact same boat, you either learned on in when Denise/Brian had it as a demo or when Scott and eventually I owned it.... It looks almost exactly the same as a barefoot sanger that is down by the Cantina. This boat lived its whole life in Kamarina's camp. I want to say "Phil" owns the barefoot Sanger, but my memory is failing me.

I guess it may have made some training runs at Art's barefoot school at some point, where someone could have been on it also?... we are pushing a 30 year history here!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Same boat meaning the same Malibu. Scott Rowe at Campo Mosquedo

I must know you .. since Scott and I have been friends for over 25 years now and I was down there with him 12-15 weekends a year up until recently! Technically, both Scotts and my house are in Campo Kamarina... but yes, people call the whole river Mosquedo...

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I worked with Scotts neighbor there Rick Carter. Mostly there back in the mid to late 90s. Would stop in after the Score San Felipe race and jump in if Scott was around. Get some racing and wakeboarding in the same weekend.

I must know you .. since Scott and I have been friends for over 25 years now and I was down there with him 12-15 weekends a year up until recently! Technically, both Scotts and my house are in Campo Kamarina... but yes, people call the whole river Mosquedo...

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I worked with Scotts neighbor there Rick Carter. Mostly there back in the mid to late 90s. Would stop in after the Score San Felipe race and jump in if Scott was around. Get some racing and wakeboarding in the same weekend.

Nice!... I remember Rick and Debbie?, He sold many years ago... his lot was cleared and sits empty now. The boat really never has moved but 300-400 feet over its whole life. Denise sold it to Scott and Scott sold it to me. I learned on it with Denise when it was new and Scott and I ran up 1000 hours on it. Unfortunately, that (and construction) resulted in a couple titanium knee replacements for him and I need at least one knee worked on in the near future!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Small world!

Nice!... I remember Rick and Debbie?, He sold many years ago... his lot was cleared and sits empty now. The boat really never has moved but 300-400 feet over its whole life. Denise sold it to Scott and Scott sold it to me. I learned on it with Denise when it was new and Scott and I ran up 1000 hours on it. Unfortunately, that (and construction) resulted in a couple titanium knee replacements for him and I need at least one knee worked on in the near future!
[/QUOTE