WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BARN FIND !!! 1984 Hondo "T-Deck" Pantera Outboard MUST SEE !!!

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
Judged one of twenty best boats at the 2013 Needles RiverDavesPlace and Custom Car Show, 1984 Hondo "T-Deck" Pantera Outboard with 1984 Mercury 200HP Black Max engine. Boat and engine have approximately 30 hours of use. Hull is a custom layup with seven gel-coat colors , and gel-coated filled seam. The hull also features a reinforced (2 1/2 inches thick) transom, drivers foot operated recessed cavitation plates, drop thru turn fin, Mercury electric/hydraulic engine trim with control switches on steering wheel, stringer mounted custom gas peddle with adjustable throttle stop, stringer mounted custom instrument consol with tach and engine trim gages, ignition switch, fuel tank selection lever and forward, neutral and reverse leaver, Interior Specialties back to back bucket and rear bench seats all color coordinated, two 10 gallon polished stainless steel Russell fuel tanks, all teflon stainless braided fuel, hydraulic, and bilge lines with polished SS reusable hose ends, custom heavy duty 6061-T6 polished and anodized aluminum engine bracket, all polished stainless fasteners used through boat and trailer, all aluminum is polished and black anodized 6061-T6. Hull rides on a gunmetal metallic gray custom Ellis trailer which features chrome fenders and floater bar, custom aluminum wheels, 4 new tires as of 2/2013, and a removable trailer tung (for short garages). Custom pin striping and lettering by Steve Stanford. Boat is located in Tarzana, Ca. and ready to go. $15,000.00 (818) 430-7601 Daryl (This boat/engine/trailer could not be purchased new today for twice the asking price) MUST SEE

Attachments

• 2e42_1.jpg
    2e42_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 4cb4_1.jpg
    4cb4_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 437
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

WESTERNAERO

Reaction score
Thats bad ass! Is that a 20 footer?

I believe it's more like 18-19 foot.
This boat belongs to a friend of mine and it is absolutely flawless. He's the original owner and has had it in the water a handful of times since he had it built, I don't know, 25 years ago. He's one of those guys that seriously takes care of his stuff. I know nothing about outboards but I know this boat is NICE. He took it out of the garage last year or two years ago for the needles show and I think that was the first time out of the garage in 15? years.
This boat would make the right person very happy.

Roostking

Reaction score
I believe it's more like 18-19 foot.
This boat belongs to a friend of mine and it is absolutely flawless. He's the original owner and has had it in the water a handful of times since he had it built, I don't know, 25 years ago. He's one of those guys that seriously takes care of his stuff. I know nothing about outboards but I know this boat is NICE. He took it out of the garage last year or two years ago for the needles show and I think that was the first time out of the garage in 15? years.
This boat would make the right person very happy.

What was the last time the motor was run? Hasnt been on the lake in 15 years? Im kind of a n00b, so I would imagine it is going to need some work to make lake ready?

WESTERNAERO

Reaction score
What was the last time the motor was run? Hasnt been on the lake in 15 years? Im kind of a n00b, so I would imagine it is going to need some work to make lake ready?

I have no idea when he started it last. Knowing him there is nothing wrong with it. He basically suffers from OCD when it's comes to his toys, all of he stuff is over the top taken care of. I've never seen anyone else like him.
You should call him, he's a super nice guy and can answer your questions better than I.

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
Thats bad ass! Is that a 20 footer?

The hull length not including the engine, engine bracket, and cavitation plates, measures 17 feet, 10 inches, but commonly referred to as 18 feet long. Fuel tanks and carbs were drained after last running. Battery is new as of Feb.2013. Probably needs the water pump impeller changed before running, but other than that just add mixed fuel and run. Hope this helps.

Boat Anchor

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
TTT Still for sale. Reasonable offers considered. Call Daryl (818) 430-7601

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wish the stuff in my barn looked like that!

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
TTT --- Must Sell Please call Daryl (818) 430-7601

You Will Be Noticed And Not Disappointed!!!

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
TTT, Reasonable offers considered, Boat really needs to be seen in person to do it justice. Please call Daryl (818) 430-7601. Thanks

You will be noticed, and not disappointed!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Is this the same hull as the Cole Firestar outboard?? As soon as I saw this, I immediately thought of that boat.

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
Yes, the Hondo Pantera and the Cole Firestar share the same bottom. Cole splashed a Hondo Pantera back in the day and came up with the Cole Firestar. The difference was in the deck. The rear deck of the Hondo Pantera rolls over (has a radius) into the transom where the Cole Firestar has a small spoiler feature (just like the TR1, TR2, TR3, and TR4) that forms a ninety degree angle with the transom. Both are beautiful hulls.

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
Reasonable offers considered, Boat really needs to be seen in person to do it justice. Please call Daryl (818) 430-7601. Thanks

Must Sell

You will be noticed, and not disappointed!!!

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Can't remember what year the fifth anniversary of the Needles show was, but I was there. Love that boat! Picked mine up about the same time..
Screenshot_20220618-161742_One UI Home.jpg

WYRD

Reaction score
Gawd I miss pre_covid pricing... I was ready to drive to Tarzana this morning to pick that up then I noticed the date. You thread revivers got me again..