WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barrett-Jackson Car Docket.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, there’s some nice/cool shit going to run through, but there’s also a LOT of JUNK in my eyes as well.
You don’t like the NYC meter maid cart?😀
D2C4B5D3-0FB1-42D4-A4FF-F61C7A29FDEF.png

J&k beer can

Reaction score
So you pay 10 Percent buyer fee and 10 percent seller fee to make Mr Jackson 20 percent on every sale..
He has been building one of the best and rarest cars collection that he owns.. keep giving him your money.
Sorry another Edit.. fu^k that ass clown

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, there’s some nice/cool shit going to run through, but there’s also a LOT of JUNK in my eyes as well.
That's what seems bad. The first couple days looked like stuff I wouldn't own, or stuff I have owned...like an issue of the "PennySaver" or "Recycler" from 1995.

2Driver

Reaction score
Last edited:

nowski

Reaction score
So you pay 10 Percent buyer fee and 10 percent seller fee to make Mr Jackson 20 percent on every sale..
He has been building one of the best and rarest cars collection that he owns.. keep giving him your money.
Sorry another Edit.. fu^k that ass clown

Rarely mentioned is the used car sales tax. Throw that into the mix / sale and the buyer may be taking it up the shorts more than advertised. That's going leave a mark as in skid mark...

Orange Juice

Reaction score
What’s interesting is how far a collector will go to complete their collections

It doesn’t matter what you collect, when it comes to the best, it gets expensive.

Taboma

Reaction score
Rarely mentioned is the used car sales tax. Throw that into the mix / sale and the buyer may be taking it up the shorts more than advertised. That's going leave a mark as in skid mark...
Because it's considered purchased through a dealer and not PP in AZ ?

nameisbond

Reaction score
It might have changed. But when I bought my Corvette at a dealer, since I was out of state and taking the car out of state. No sales tax.

fast99

Reaction score
It might have changed. But when I bought my Corvette at a dealer, since I was out of state and taking the car out of state. No sales tax.
However, Washington state requires proof of paid sales tax when registering or it is charged, about 9%.

Watched the Mecum auction just concluded. Sale prices are up on most vehicles. They set a record at the Florida sale. Wonder if they are hurting BJ?

sirbob

Reaction score

Same here.

I’ve bought a cars at BJ. I live in CA. I didn’t pay tax in AZ. But I had to reg the car at home DMV. You pay it there when you register it in your home state.

Or you can go through a bunch of machinations to try to avoid the tax...

Taboma

Reaction score
What about in AZ where there's no sales tax on a PP used car purchase. Is the purchase considered a dealer sale at BJ ?

The Prisoner

Reaction score
What about in AZ where there's no sales tax on a PP used car purchase. Is the purchase considered a dealer sale at BJ ?
From what I have read on here, they are more like bookies than dealers.😀 They get you coming AND going…

Riverbottom

Reaction score
You pay sales tax on used vehicles from a dealer in Az. It is not considered a private party sale.

Taboma

Reaction score
From what I have read on here, they are more like bookies than dealers.😀 They get you coming AND going…
I think for certain clients with certain vehicles, it makes sense due to the exposure your vehicle gets, and in a way, the status the buyer gets as well, having purchased the vehicle at the acclaimed 'Barret Jackson, Scottsdale'.

How's that any different than having your motorhome, boat or 5th wheel on consignment, they're going to charge you a commission and you can bet the buyer is paying his share on the purchase as well.

I saw an older Dodge Colt on there, not any classic, WTF, it's not a Shelby or anything other than an old POS Colt 4 banger. 🤔
Also many don't want to be bothered with people calling making stupid offers, I'm one of them. I love buying "Things", and hate selling them.

Years ago, I mean later 70's, he was a pretty well off attorney, but as a side gig and hobby, he bought and sold exotic cars at BJ style auctions. Many if not most, he never drove, because he never insured them other than for fire or theft.
Had a company pick them up, then he'd store them, sometimes for only a month or so, and he'd have a company pick it or them up and off to the next auction. For him it was like buying and selling commodities.

Anyway, I appreciate you posting that docket, I went through it and saw a couple of cars like my garage queen Camaro, something I might consider.

Taboma

Reaction score
You pay sales tax on used vehicles from a dealer in Az. It is not considered a private party sale.
I see, I just read a statement from Barrett Jackson where they have a responsibility as a dealer to collect taxes --- so you're correct.
They are acting as a dealer, not just a middle man.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I see, I just read a statement from Barrett Jackson where they have a responsibility as a dealer to collect taxes --- so you're correct.
They are acting as a dealer, not just a middle man.
I liked the night they sold the Batmobile and a Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit that Burt Reynolds was there for. And that rich contractor Ron I forgot his last name that bought tons of cars then sold the whole collection. Or most of it

K-DOG

Reaction score
I liked the night they sold the Batmobile and a Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit that Burt Reynolds was there for. And that rich contractor Ron I forgot his last name that bought tons of cars then sold the whole collection. Or most of it

Ron Pratte. He also owns that compound at Gordon’s Well

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Ron Pratte was his name

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Ron Pratte. He also owns that compound at Gordon’s Well
I think it was either him or Rick Hendrick or both would bid crazy on a charity vehicle then give it right back. Nice to have fuck you money. 😀

stevesdcb

Reaction score
IMO, If you got $ to throw away, want to show off, drink & have a good time go to Mecum or Barrett. These days COVID prices are in full effect.
Both Mecum & Barrett are making a killing $$$$. They charge $ to get in, more $ to bid, put their people in the audience to bid certain sales higher, & then hit the seller & buyer with fees & taxes. Throw in the whole auction hype & a lot of cars are being sold for 20 to 30% over.
Funny how almost every ass clown trying to sell their classic on Facebook or Craig’s thinks their cars are worthy of these auction prices.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
IMO, If you got $ to throw away, want to show off, drink & have a good time go to Mecum or Barrett. These days COVID prices are in full effect.
Both Mecum & Barrett are making a killing $$$$. They charge $ to get in, more $ to bid, put their people in the audience to bid certain sales higher, & then hit the seller & buyer with fees & taxes. Throw in the whole auction hype & a lot of cars are being sold for 20 to 30% over.
Funny how almost every ass clown trying to sell their classic on Facebook or Craig’s thinks their cars are worthy of these auction prices.
Every year I say I am going to go and every year something comes up. I would like to go see all the vendors and the atmosphere. Plus I am way over due for a Scottsdale trip. Hit my Guidos for lunch. Grimaldis one night and Salt Cellar the next night. Wish it was in March. January is always not a good month. Plus it would be nice if me or Scottsdale would move 2 hours closer. 😀

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
The wife and I are playing hooky Thursday and going.
Anybody need me to bid on something for them?😁

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Every year I say I am going to go and every year something comes up. I would like to go see all the vendors and the atmosphere. Plus I am way over due for a Scottsdale trip. Hit my Guidos for lunch. Grimaldis one night and Salt Cellar the next night. Wish it was in March. January is always not a good month. Plus it would be nice if me or Scottsdale would move 2 hours closer. 😀
Agree, I’m less than 2 hours away & in the market for 1st gen Camaro, Mustang. Don’t have $ to throw away so probably not a good place to buy. Was going to go with uncle on Thursday, just to hang out & take it all in but decided not to due to COVID, maybe next year.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Agree, I’m less than 2 hours away & in the market for 1st gen Camaro, Mustang. Don’t have $ to throw away so probably not a good place to buy. Was going to go with uncle on Thursday, just to hang out & take it all in but decided not to due to COVID, maybe next year.
The last time I "went" was years ago, to drop off my boss' car to be sold. Heard it's become the automotive equivalent to the Kentucky Derby. High rollers, and peeps trying to be, doing the bidding, and then the spectator crowd. The good cars seem to go high, then add in the "bonus" fees, and it gets pricey.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
Barrett is making a killing $$$$. They charge $ to get in, more $ to bid

They are even selling 6 year old t-shirts from their various auctions as you leave. BJ is a money machine for sure. I walked around yesterday, and payed very little attention to the auction as it was Monday, however at point I looked at a TV screen, and saw a Honda Z50 up to 5K....lol

Travmon

Reaction score
I helped some friends bring down a few cars from Washington , The Mercedes gull wing Is one of them also another friend is selling a early vette that is modernized to a awesome level that should see 3-400k , stupid money is in the house !

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
LOL the Honda mini bike and collector car auction..

Kind of like lot 27
Please excuse me, Mr. Bond, but I must arrange to have my gold separated from the late Mr. Solo…

buddy has a dozen rancheros to chose from in winchester, from restored to needs restored or he will restore one for you, all 64/65 mdls

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Any ideas when it is televised on Direct TV?

2Driver

Reaction score
Any ideas when it is televised on Direct TV?
It’s been on all week you just have to subscribe to the FYI or AE network to see it. Just google Barrett Jackson direct TV channel.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I just saw a vehicle pit bull put up for auction for his charity . They interviewed him and he seams to be a very proud American . I see him different now . Seams like a good guy .