WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barron boats

hallett21

Reaction score
Did they shelf the center console? Sell it to someone else?

I saw videos of final mock ups and then nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are getting pretty close last I heard? They are popping out some of the smaller ones first, but were still working on the larger one.

hallett21

Reaction score
They are getting pretty close last I heard? They are popping out some of the smaller ones first, but were still working on the larger one.

Just surprised because I only see the new deck and Halletts in for service on their social media posts

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
so what is the answer.
Yes, No - no one really knows

I think the little center consoles are ready to go and he even has one laid up.. just had to find time to build it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have an interview I did with him at the boat show that he explained all this. Not sure why it’s not online. Will be tomorrow

OkHallett270

Reaction score
He’s been popping them out of the mold on a regular basis on Instagram. They just did a red and silver one in the last couple weeks. They are pretty active on posting pics and videos on there.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
They are selling but not like I believe they thought they would. I was driving down one of the side streets by my house and saw a brand new one in someone's drive way. First one I have seen outside of Barons location.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Looks like 3 were sold.

There are some others that aren't on the site I believe. The one down the street from me isn't on there but it has an owner.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
There is not a market for them when you can just buy a deck boat or pontoon that does everything on Havasu better.
I hear you, but they were going to be all the rage in some of the forums a year or two ago. Now there is little to no market for the West Coast.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I hear you, but they were going to be all the rage in some of the forums a year or two ago. Now there is little to no market for the West Coast.

A few here said that, there was never a market for them. All the people that said there was now have pontoon boats :)

No one is going to spend the money for a “custom” sub 30 foot CC to put on Havasu. Anything above 30’ is in another league price wise anyway.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
A few here said that, there was never a market for them. All the people that said there was now have pontoon boats :)

No one is going to spend the money for a “custom” sub 30 foot CC to put on Havasu. Anything above 30’ is in another league price wise anyway.
There’s this thing called the Pacific Ocean. 😎

Many of us live within a very short towing distance of it vs Havasu.
Some of these assholes even rent slips on the ocean😂 because it’s that nice!
Those that like to, have the option of a boat capable of Avalon or Pirates. On any given day.

Old saying. There’s an ass for every seat!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Those that like to, have the option of a boat capable of Avalon or Pirates. On any given day.

There is an ass for every seat.
There are only like 3 asses for that particular seat that want a dual purpose Havasu and Ocean boat. If there was a demand, these west coast CCs would exist by now. Those 3 people bought CCs that are ok with the compromises of a CC on Havasu bought ones that already exist from current manufacturers.

0 people that have bought a toon or deck boat in the last several years have any desire to take that boat into the ocean.

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Really glad to hear they are doing well. The 290 looks great on the water. Stoked to see the 32 cc.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You talk like you actually know something about boats...

:rolleyes:😁

I talked to Jerry the next morning after you and I talked. I'll keep you in loop when I find out more.

😉

Riverryder

Reaction score
Even tho it’s a small name. I really like the Barron deck. I would order one. Did they make it or was it a mold they bought from someone?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Even tho it’s a small name. I really like the Barron deck. I would order one. Did they make it or was it a mold they bought from someone?

Barron may sound unfamiliar to some, however the history behind the name is big. It used to be Hallett. They sold to Nordic and moved on with a new line up under new name.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’s all new tooling.
0C834454-6749-43C5-B8CE-C5325B3F5C84.png

CNC cut and delivered to the shop at about 90% complete.
They primed it, blocked it and pulled molds from it.

The big boy
4359DAF2-4E97-4699-BCFC-734C33968139.png

Same program.

old rigger

Reaction score
Barron may sound unfamiliar to some, however the history behind the name is big. It used to be Hallett. They sold to Nordic and moved on with a new line up under new name.

Long before it was Hallett it was Barron Boats. Jerry's brought his dad's original biz name full circle.

Not that i could swing one but I could look at that 190 all day long. What a beautiful hull and I wish there were more pics of them on their site.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So who designed and did the tooling?

Nick Barron did not design any of the late Hallet hulls. They were designed by some designer in Florida. How do I know this? Heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm going to guess Jerry is using the same designer. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

The tooling I have zero knowledge of.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Long before it was Hallett it was Barron Boats. Jerry's brought his dad's original biz name full circle.

Not that i could swing one but I could look at that 190 all day long. What a beautiful hull and I wish there were more pics of them on their site.

Not 100 percent true, but close enough for this conversation. 😉

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Nick Barron did not design any of the late Hallet hulls. They were designed by some designer in Florida. How do I know this? Heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm going to guess Jerry is using the same designer. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

Michael Peters did the Hallett 40T and 290, o don’t think Jerry used him on these?
And for what it’s worth o heard Thane changed the 290? Or the 40? Can’t remember which, but made it faster.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Michael Peters did the Hallett 40T and 290, o don’t think Jerry used him on these?
And for what it’s worth o heard Thane changed the 290? Or the 40? Can’t remember which, but made it faster.

I have no clue. Like I said, I just guess. I've never asked Jerry about who is doing his hull designs.

hallett21

Reaction score
Bud Bailey did 210-300?

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Yes I knew that. Makes sense that Jerry would use the same company.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Michael Peter's only did the 290. The Gen 2 40 second bottom was an in house version of it adapted. Reason why the only two made had to be reworked to run perfect.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Only 2 that exist. Both had to be reworked. The one I have been in many times runs rock solid and right to 90 with mild power.
Yeah, one has twin 1100's and the other was Nick's personal boat that wasn't finished at time of his death. I can't remember the engines in his.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Yeah, one has twin 1100's and the other was Nick's personal boat that wasn't finished at time of his death. I can't remember the engines in his.

Nick’s boat was never finished before he passed. My parents ended up building it out and put 600’s in it which was Nick’s original goal, I believe. Thane did have to rework the bottom based off what had to be done to the 1100 open bow boat. But as @Runs2rch said, with the reworked bottom, the boat is rock solid!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nick’s boat was never finished before he passed. My parents ended up building it out and put 600’s in it which was Nick’s original goal, I believe. Thane did have to rework the bottom based off what had to be done to the 1100 open bow boat. But as @Runs2rch said, with the reworked bottom, the boat is rock solid!
Do you know the Nieman’s? Mark Theresa Sarah and nick? Nick was my best fiend growing up. We lived on the same street for like 20 years

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Do you know the Nieman’s? Mark Theresa Sarah and nick? Nick was my best fiend growing up. We lived on the same street for like 20 years

I don’t recognize the name. But granted, I recognize people by their boat...horrible with names haha