WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barron boats

nowski

Reaction score
Speaking of Barron boats, Nick didn't take much of a liking to me he'd always give me the stink eye. Maybe it had something to do with me bringing a non Hallett boat in for service or because I new Rich Hallett back in the day or both. However I always had good conversation with Jerry, Darla and most importantly Jim Frisbee...

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Speaking of Barron boats, Nick didn't take much of a liking to me he'd always give me the stink eye. Maybe it had something to do with me bringing a non Hallett boat in for service or because I new Rich Hallett back in the day or both. However I always had good conversation with Jerry, Darla and most importantly Jim Frisbee...
Nick had a dry sense of humor, but yes he was an asshole also haha.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Jim is probably one of the nicest guys on the planet. 👍

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I always had really good interactions through the years at Hallett with all the staff. Everytime I stopped in throughout the last 16 years they were still Hallett by Barron. Anytime we needed something for our 210 that we owned at the time, I would stop in and grab what I needed and would end up spending at least am hour walking around.. Had great conversations with Nick, Jerry, Jim, and Darla as well as anyone they had on their team. That is part of the reason why when we decided to have a new boat built back in 2017 we went back. Unfortunately our boat was being built when Nick passed. We actually became friends with the guys that put our boat together and Nick's grandson through the process. Was a bit of a hit when I got the call that they had sold but made sense as to why it did.

nowski

Reaction score
I always had really good interactions through the years at Hallett with all the staff. Everytime I stopped in throughout the last 16 years they were still Hallett by Barron. Anytime we needed something for our 210 that we owned at the time, I would stop in and grab what I needed and would end up spending at least am hour walking around.. Had great conversations with Nick, Jerry, Jim, and Darla as well as anyone they had on their team. That is part of the reason why when we decided to have a new boat built back in 2017 we went back. Unfortunately our boat was being built when Nick passed. We actually became friends with the guys that put our boat together and Nick's grandson through the process. Was a bit of a hit when I got the call that they had sold but made sense as to why it did.

The one thing I was most impressed with at Hallett, it felt like I was dropping my boat off at The Mercedes / BMW Dealer, something you don't see much in the boating business. Hallett was simply in a league of their own...

oldschool

Reaction score
My dad has one of the first boats Nick built after he took over Hallett, still has it today. My dad used to see Nick at Santa Anita every once in a while, every time Nick would try to buy his old flatbottom.