WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barstow Del Taco Closed

timstoy

Reaction score
Friend of mine stopped at the Route 66 Del Taco yesterday and it was closed. He said it looked closed for good. Don’t know about the other two Barstow location. I know the original owner owned all three Barstow locations at one time.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Not Lenwood!

They close at 11pm. And midnite on fridays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timstoy

Reaction score
Lenwood?

They close at 11pm. And midnite on fridays.

No he stopped at the original Route 66 location in downtown Barstow yesterday afternoon. He did not know if Linwood and other location were closed. I sure hope not.

timstoy

Reaction score
Anyone in the area that can see if the other locations are open? The Linwood location is our go to also. Sure hope the Route 66 location is closed for remodeling. The Barstow Del Taco’s are the best!

thedan

Reaction score
Had lunch at 1pm at the Mountainview location in Barstow. Saw the owner there on Monday when we drove out.

Kbach

Reaction score
I have so many pics of us stopping at Barstow Del Taco on trips....probably more pics than I have of my kids 🤣

D20286D2-F7FB-45D7-A608-A4024CED06CE.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
We opted for in n out today. Del taco was open. I’m glad they opened a Canes there.
Stopped at the Canes the last trip through. Good to have another option. Great to keep the in and out line down.

instagator

Reaction score
The owner dude, I called him Mr Del Taco, He was pretty old, Him and his brother worked at the Lenwood Del a few years back.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Got to say that sometimes restaurants get shut down for various health department inspection violations, can’t say that’s the situation in this case but it happens 🤷‍♀️

azsunfun

Reaction score
must be lots of rest stops in your travels folks, del taco? premade p&j from home, couple bottles for kids to piss in, use del taco restrooms if needed

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The owner dude, I called him Mr Del Taco, He was pretty old, Him and his brother worked at the Lenwood Del a few years back.
Gene Hackbarth, i went to high school with his kids. So if I am 65 he must be teally old now. He started it after him and gene Bell(Taco bell) went on to different things.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We opted for in n out today. Del taco was open. I’m glad they opened a Canes there.

That Spot Canes is on has been a tough, awkward location since the get-go.
Several chains have tried and failed there. The latest Dickies.
Canes is sinking some serious bank in the spot to make it work. Reconfiguring what made it fail so it could very well be a winner. They are on their game.

We had a Del Taco near us when we lived in the SFV.
The food looked just like the picture and tasted great. The drink machines mix always adjusted spot-on.
The owner lady paid her employees good and offered Kaiser.
A Del Taco run right is a near solid choice.

The owner told me once: "People mistake Taco Bells specials and ads for us, so we also offer what ever the Taco Bell deal is and save on advertising."

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Unrelated but sort of. Our local Burger King has been closed for a few days. Sign on door says can’t get enough people to work to cover all the shifts...Good job Biden.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think the OG owner has something to do with the Del Taco on Van Buren and Washington in Riverside/Orangecrest area. If any inmates are local to that location it’s an awesome one too.

@Gelcoater
Of the 3 between the 215 and 91 fwy that one is by far the cleanest. They rarely screw up an order.
The one close to the 91 by the drive in theatre is disgusting. I won’t even go there.
When I did used to not one order was right. Ever! Lol

The one at Van Buren and Wood, to me anyway, seems like it is probably the oldest? Pretty sure it was a Naugles before it was a Del?
As to the original guy I have no idea if he was involved with any of them.

gqchris

Reaction score
Love the Lenwood DT, also love the blow outs you have by the time you get to the Ludlow Chevron porta potties.
Oddly enough, that Del Taco is the ONLY one in the country that doesnt blow my back out by Ludlow!

I made the HUGE mistake last trip to try the the Del Taco in Havasu,I paid dearly for that drunk mistake.

Then to tempt fate, the next night I tried the Taco Bell there, and proceeded to puke at 3am.

My fast food in Havasu days are no longer! LOL

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
FWIW the Del Taco on N 1st Ave is Del Taco #1. It says on the top of the receipt. Store #1.

That is the one down by the bridge going over the tracks right?

That one is excellent and never too busy 👌

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I made the mistake of ordering my usual 6soft tacos first time I ever went to the Lenwood location. I could barely eat 3.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That Spot Canes is on has been a tough, awkward location since the get-go.
Several chains have tried and failed there. The latest Dickies.
Canes is sinking some serious bank in the spot to make it work. Reconfiguring what made it fail so it could very well be a winner. They are on their game.

We had a Del Taco near us when we lived in the SFV.
The food looked just like the picture and tasted great. The drink machines mix always adjusted spot-on.
The owner lady paid her employees good and offered Kaiser.
A Del Taco run right is a near solid choice.

The owner told me once: "People mistake Taco Bells specials and ads for us, so we also offer what ever the Taco Bell deal is and save on advertising."

The Raising Cain's parking lot situation is 2nd only to Chic-Fil-A shit shows......

Reactions: DWC

Nordie

Reaction score

Canes is damn near impossible to beat. I have one right by the jobsite, $7.70 something for a 3 piece combo and a bottle of water, Taco Bell would cost more money to get full, and Taco Bell sux.

Nordie

Reaction score
For the Vegas to Cali drive the Baker Del-Taco is also pretty damn good, I've stopped at that one heading back from Rasor Rd several times.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

That's store #33, the one opened after Placentia, my store from high school and college. That was the first "long haul" deliveries from Baldwin Park, and the only store with a basement I believe, that is where some of the prep work is done, its certainly a unique one. Placentia, famous for no drive through, was the first to have the crossed palm trees, done on a whim, and seen in this photo replicated when Hesperia was built, a trend that continues today.

This has been RDP's semi annual dose of useless In N Out facts from the memory vault.

Vector

Reaction score
That is the one down by the bridge going over the tracks right?

That one is excellent and never too busy 👌
The Del Taco by the railroad tracks is the best followed by the one at the Outlets.

svlperry

Reaction score
They’re back open they just had a power failure just talked to one of the managers at Lenwood today

Tank

Reaction score
Ed Hackbarth who founded Del Taco in Yermo (next to Barstow) is still alive and kickin and works all 3 of the barstow stores and linwood. Store One, the oldest operating Del Taco, is at the corner of 1st Street and Hutchinson, just a block from Barstow High.

Family and I stop at the linwood store whenever we get a chance. Last time, Ed was there. I pointed him out working behind the counter to my boys. Ed later came over to the table and asked to take our trays. I told him, "you don't need to do that we can get those." And he said, "don't be silly it's my job, its my pleasure." or something to the affect. I said, "you're Ed Hackbarth,You founded Del taco?" He smiled a little and replied, "yep". I said, "Would you mind if I get a picture with you and my boys?" He said, "don't mind at all" My wife took the pic.

I later explained to my boys (and wife) how Ed had left the military and went to work for Glen Bell and Neal Baker at "Baker's Taco's" in Barstow. Ed bought them out and changed the name to Del Taco. Glen Bell went on to found Taco Bell and Neal Baker went on to found Bakers Drive-Thru. I explained that even though Ed lives in Newport Beach, he gets up and drives out to Barstow to check in and work at his original stores in the area. It's a cool story that has always fascinated me.

Here is the actual first Del Taco ever. Now closed long ago as Del Taco but still standing currently as Tina's Burger Den I believe. It's in Yermo. You can still see the old wood sign on the roof.

and our pic with Ed.

DT.png
ed.jpg