WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bass boat 400R Crash

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
The driver posted it on scream and fly a couple weeks ago.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Can anyone tell what language they're speaking? Sounded Slavic of some sort.

Starloans

Reaction score
Hmmmm. That 400 sure makes that bass boat scream. Over 100mph in a bass boat that appears to be overpowered. That boat was unstable above 80. He was "sawing" the steering wheel trying to keep it on the pad or level if it doesn't have a pad and blowout was bound to happen. Very dangerous. I'm not a speed whimp but I would never go that fast in bass boat not designed to go that fast.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone here, but anytime I am trying to break my own speed records, I'd rather have witnesses outside of my vehicle. 100 in a bass boat seems a little risky to me. Not a boat engineer, but common sense tells me that's the equivalent of a rocket powered Fiat.

Do you think they used the trolling motor to get it back to shoreo_O

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Im in, still.

Maybe I'm alone here, but anytime I am trying to break my own speed records, I'd rather have witnesses outside of my vehicle. 100 in a bass boat seems a little risky to me. Not a boat engineer, but common sense tells me that's the equivalent of a rocket powered Fiat.

Do you think they used the trolling motor to get it back to shoreo_O

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I dont understand all the shit comments here?
The dude in the htm was almost the subject of a similar video, and the comments are all positive about that guy?

Guy is pushing the boundaries and lived to tell about it. Hopefully he learns and moves forward.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
The dude in the htm was almost the subject of a similar video, and the comments are all positive about that guy?

Guy is pushing the boundaries and lived to tell about it. Hopefully he learns and moves forward.

I guess the replies to you will be; "well an HTM is designed to go fast?".

Yeah, I'm all for hot rodding. Without this shit, I would have nothing to watch on Youtube. :D

Starloans

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm all for hot rodding. Without this shit, I would have nothing to watch on Youtube. :D

Exactly!!! LOL But even if no one ask me for my .02.....I still may give it!!! :)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In my defense, I have no issues with doing stupid stuff at high speeds. I am just not one to do so with passengers. I could probably promise you if I had a bass boat with a 400, I'd probably test it out too.

Don't get me wrong, you find a couple J2 rockets, I'll supply the Fiat...you machinist want everything gnat's ass...this may be more plumb bob and woodscrew, but fun;)
Im in, still.

spectras only

Reaction score
Saw MrPump's HTM here on Skaha Lake a while ago when local guy had it, It seemed rock solid running full bore, if that's what you asking;)
Back in the late 70's I seen many 16' Glastrons with 200HP clamp ons, no way I would of ride in them though as a passenger.:eek:o_O

HST4ME

Reaction score
Hmmmm. That 400 sure makes that bass boat scream. Over 100mph in a bass boat that appears to be overpowered. That boat was unstable above 80. He was "sawing" the steering wheel trying to keep it on the pad or level if it doesn't have a pad and blowout was bound to happen. Very dangerous. I'm not a speed whimp but I would never go that fast in bass boat not designed to go that fast.

It's a Nitro, 65-68 is doing good in a Nitro. Next time maybe he will step up to an Allison, Stroker, or Bullet.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
In my defense, I have no issues with doing stupid stuff at high speeds. I am just not one to do so with passengers. I could probably promise you if I had a bass boat with a 400, I'd probably test it out too.

He needs the passenger to balance the boat so he can get every last mph out of it. Bass boats are designed to go fast but some are designed better than others. He needs an upgrade on the hull and a new pair of shorts. :D

warlock250

Reaction score
He needs the passenger to balance the boat so he can get every last mph out of it. Bass boats are designed to go fast but some are designed better than others. He needs an upgrade on the hull and a new pair of shorts. :D
Yeah he needs a better Bass boat and nows his time to get it after throwing that one away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I wonder which way he mounted his trim tabs.o_O

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Looks more like 100kph... Or 100 looks slower in a glitter boat.

707dog

Reaction score
That was the nicest 100mph crash I've ever seen
that's what i was thinking seemed soft no worse than getting tossed of a tube boat is done they got lucky

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It's a Nitro, 65-68 is doing good in a Nitro. Next time maybe he will step up to an Allison, Stroker, or Bullet.
As usual, the first post based on sound facts instead of conjunctured opinion is way down on post 27.

Are these a straight vee or Delta pad bottom?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HST4ME

Reaction score
Ah.. I looked at the wrong model on the website, the "Grand Bass". Looks like they have splashed several popular boats down there. Welp he sux at set up as a friend has a bullet dc 21 with a x motor and is well into the teens easily. Those watermelon sized sporties are tough to get to work in single engine applications.
Those two should book a plane to Tennesee and see how it is done.

dave29

Reaction score
I kept waiting for him to run out of gas. Longest 100mph plus run in history.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Pretty amazing how well they did in a 100 mph wreck. I’ve wrecked a bunch of boats at speeds much less than that and it hurt like hell, knocked the wind out of me, cracked ribs, bruised lungs etc.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Pretty amazing how well they did in a 100 mph wreck. I’ve wrecked a bunch of boats at speeds much less than that and it hurt like hell, knocked the wind out of me, cracked ribs, bruised lungs etc.
I'd like to know how they felt the next day!

HST4ME

Reaction score
They skidded around a few seconds before it hooked and they were spit out in their sport vests, but yes. Ive hit the water at an honest 100 twice and now that im old i feel it every morning. That was with a lifeline full impact vest. They were prolly down in the 60 mph range before the boat broke up and hooked but still they were very very lucky, and if that was in Brazil and what lives in those waters very very very lucky.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

The water around the gearcase becomes significantly disturbed enough and the lower unit or prop basically loses grip on the water. That’s not that bad, what happens next is. When the prop blows out the hull speed slows enough for the prop to find clean water again, when they happens the hook up can be violent and the torque of the prop will toss the boat sideways ass first.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The water around the gearcase becomes significantly disturbed enough and the lower unit or prop basically loses grip on the water. That’s not that bad, what happens next is. When the prop blows out the hull speed slows enough for the prop to find clean water again, when they happens the hook up can be violent and the torque of the prop will toss the boat sideways ass first.
Soooo, severe cavitation and then reloading?