WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bass Lake Boat Show

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
792FE7F5-8432-4C06-A683-24120694583B.png
If you’ve ever considered vacationing at Bass or wanted to come to either of the 3 boat shows and never done it, you’re missing out. Last weekend was the boat show and it was pretty awesome. There’s a new promoter and he did an excellent job getting the bait count and quality back up. They also opened it up to hot rods and bikes with a decent showing as well as opening the show up from v drives only to anything goes; quite sure it was 100% v drives still. Groups came from Thousand Oaks and surrounding areas as well as Phoenix. Below are some pix I snapped but I’m sure some members here that attended have more. Unfortunately we didn’t get any of our 4 boats onto the water but many did.

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to check out Bass Lake. Now that the droughts are over it might be a good summer to finally go.

Anyone stayed at the worldmark time shares there in Bass lake?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They have three boat shows at this lake?

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to check out Bass Lake. Now that the droughts are over it might be a good summer to finally go.

Not sure what or where they are. I can get you pictures if you get me more info.

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score

Cdog

Reaction score
I always thought they were apartments. They look super nice, not sure about boat parking. They are on the very northern edge of the lake. About 2 miles from the village/town.

So what should a guy know for the first trip up there? Is there a speed limit on the lake? Preferred place to launch? Places to eat?

Ballyhoo

Reaction score

Cdog

Reaction score
Its a small shallow lake with beautiful scenery. There are plenty of rentals but you need to get on it almost a year in advance. The lake does have a speed limit at sertain dates and times.

https://www.maderacounty.com/govern...s-lake-boat-patrol-frequently-asked-questions

So in reading that link it says you have to pay an enviro impact fee for your boat. I assume that's any motorized vessel on the lake no mater what state it's registered in.

It also mentions you must have CA registration and CA boaters Lic. Does this apply to out of state residents and boats? It doesn't mention out of staters...

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
So what should a guy know for the first trip up there? Is there a speed limit on the lake? Preferred place to launch? Places to eat?

This may get long.

2 ramps, 1 at Pines Village($10 in/$10 out plus parking fee if you want to leave your trailer there) and Wishon Point all the way across the lake that is $10. Sometimes its worth the drive as the Village ramp can be aggravating. 3 burger joint/bars with docks on the water and I know Millers has fuel for sure and is our favorite burger stop. There is a separate registration/sticker for Bass that is a pay once a year type of deal that you can get at any store on the lake. But if only coming for the day you may get away without it, or just do it so they don't have a reason to stop you. Willow Cove is a nice 5 mph spot with a sandbar/island depending on water levels. Another 5mph shallow section at the north end with a small waterfall. Im sure there is a sound and speed limit but we used to take our raceboat up there and have never had an issue and there is also an open and closed time for lack of better words. The sheriff makes a lap with sirens at 8 am and another at 8 pm that notifies you the evening, night and early morning are 5 mph. Lots of bald eagle sightings around and most activity is on the Pines side as far as food and lodging/rentals go. Duceys hosts concerts on the water and I believe Millers does them still as well as movie nights.

Food; Duceys, Duceys grill, pizza, Mexican, burger stand at the village ramp, Millers Landing, The Forks Pines Market.

Stores; Pines Market, surf shop, several knickknack shops, Millers, Forks

Fuel; Shell gas at pines village, fuel at village ramp dock, Millers

Bars; Pines bar, Mexican food, burger stand at village ramp, Millers, Forks, Duceys grill

Boat rentals; Millers, Village ramp

Im sure others can add to it or correct some mistakes but I think most is covered here.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
So in reading that link it says you have to pay an enviro impact fee for your boat. I assume that's any motorized vessel on the lake no mater what state it's registered in.

It also mentions you must have CA registration and CA boaters Lic. Does this apply to out of state residents and boats? It doesn't mention out of staters...
That fee is based on your boats HP. I pay the $63 fee as its 250HP and above. Your boat will need current registration from whatever state its registered in.

There are some near lake places to eat but the majority of folks eat at the places they are renting. We always grocery shopped in Oakhurst on the way up. I believe that is the closest spot for a real grocery store.

nowski

Reaction score

I stayed there several years ago. The place is nice but isn't boat friendly, small parking lots.

Couple to do's when at Bass Lake is to visit the Angel and Devil falls. The lower / Angel falls are at the northwest end of the lake, the trail starts where the water is dumping into the lake.

Yosemite main gate is only about 14 away, just a thought...