WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bassett Headers?

oldschool

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a new set from Bassett lately? They have pricing on their website, which seem really good, but wondering if that’s current. I plan to call them Monday.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Jim left the business to his daughter , then Rewarder "tanked" in short order , an auto resto performance shop bought it out and promptly failed as well , We considered buying the company but there was very little other than blue sky to justify the price < I bought alot of remaining bits and pieces and it the Business just slipped away ... fast forward Bassett obviously smelled blood in the water and promptly raised their prices to well over a grand a set , last set that a customer had shipped here was $1395 (BBF twists) > Basset made thier dealer buy in around 30k with a inventory maintenance clause , and the profit or discount that barely made it worth the effort and investment . I used to sell about 20 to 30 sets a year .... BTW I have a set of really and somewhat rare nice Sandersons for a Vdrive BBC if anyones looking

Attachments

• Resized_20200530_133210_6380.jpeg
    Resized_20200530_133210_6380.jpeg
    987.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
CP shows them at $1395 as well.
Last new set I bought had to be over 10 years ago.
Think I paid like $1150 with all water lines, t-valve and covers?

oldschool

Reaction score
Jim left the business to his daughter , then Rewarder "tanked" in short order , an auto resto performance shop bought it out and promptly failed as well , We considered buying the company but there was very little other than blue sky to justify the price < I bought alot of remaining bits and pieces and it the Business just slipped away ... fast forward Bassett obviously smelled blood in the water and promptly raised their prices to well over a grand a set , last set that a customer had shipped here was $1395 (BBF twists) > Basset made thier dealer buy in around 30k with a inventory maintenance clause , and the profit or discount that barely made it worth the effort and investment . I used to sell about 20 to 30 sets a year .... BTW I have a set of really and somewhat rare nice Sandersons for a Vdrive BBC if anyones looking
Sounds like the websites pricing isn’t correct, I’ll keep looking on FB and other sites.
Thanks for the info.

oldschool

Reaction score
CP shows them at $1395 as well.
Last new set I bought had to be over 10 years ago.
Think I paid like $1150 with all water lines, t-valve and covers?
I saw that as well, maybe I’ll give them a call.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Just an "aside" to this , there are a few "start ups" in So Cal making really decent headers now these arrived last week for a customers boat were are rigging , pretty much custom builds each set "one off" to customers wants
Luke headers.jpeg

oldschool

Reaction score
Just an "aside" to this , there are a few "start ups" in So Cal making really decent headers now these arrived last week for a customers boat were are rigging , pretty much custom builds each set "one off" to customers wants View attachment 1080859
Those are nice! Can you send me the info, if you have it, on these? Stainless?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even know they were still in business! That's the coolest news I've heard in awhile.

Oh and...

You know the rule. 😎
One of the plating shops I use for my calipers does all the chrome plating for bassett....I saw a truck load of headers leaving a couple weeks ago when I was there dropping off a load. They are most certainly still making parts.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Those are nice! Can you send me the info, if you have it, on these? Stainless?
Chads headers (Chad Hundley) Good kid, hard working and cares about his work , the headers for the blown Jet were building are "one off" , even though the boat was at my shop , Chad built them with measuments we provided , They are steel and then HPC coated , but I do think he will/can build stainless Chads number 951 990 8691

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Bassett months ago
They are slammed
Best year sales during COVID
Everyone buying old boats Craigslist
Aka “ covid gold used boat pricing “

Pricing will continue to go up
Chrome plate shops are double triple pricing
Have you cut metal lately ?
Buy American
Nice shit only

No bullshit those are 455 olds headers
455 / 460 Ford made a comeback on Craigslist

F10A4577-4C3D-4929-8569-DBB871BD6A2C.jpeg

33F4B2DB-8A15-4CDC-9CD6-50FD54186E0D.jpeg

oldschool

Reaction score
Chads headers (Chad Hundley) Good kid, hard working and cares about his work , the headers for the blown Jet were building are "one off" , even though the boat was at my shop , Chad built them with measuments we provided , They are steel and then HPC coated , but I do think he will/can build stainless Chads number 951 990 8691
I prefer coated steel. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks again.