WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bat Repellent

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Seems like we've been inundated by bats this year. Apparently roosting under the cover of our front entry. Crazy amounts of bat shit on the slab in that area. There are no bug attracting lights there. Anyone found a good way to get rid of these flying mice?

4Waters

Reaction score
:D

68713119-fresh-organic-garlic-cloves-and-cutted-garlic-clove-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
Sonic world great. Used it with great success at the former river joint

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
We had a bat as well. I have some thing that clicks randomly which supposedly drive them crazy. It worked.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sonic world great. Used it with great success at the former river joint

If that’s one of those ultra sonic deals that really messes with peoples dogs sometimes.. (just an FYI)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If that’s one of those ultra sonic deals that really messes with peoples dogs sometimes.. (just an FYI)
Got one on our back patio, dog doesn't seem to notice it at all.
I think it has helped the bat situation but not 100%. Been plugged in for a year now.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If it's an area you can kind of get close to, you can spray it with some ammonia, or soak a tennis ball with ammonia if you think you can toss it up and make it stay. Another one is vinegar and cinnamon (Also seems to work pretty good for snakes), but that may stain.

So far, the one shot, works for everything, my friend found. He "donates" a few hundred dollars each year to "Out Of Africa" in Camp Verde. As a thank you, he gets a few gallons of lion piss. It seems even animals that have no idea what a lion is, are afraid of that smell. Anything from bunnies to bears stay out of his property now up in the hillso_O

HitIt

Reaction score
Bats are the messengers of the devil. Sounds like you need:

jesussecondcoming.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Build or buy a few bat houses. They like cedar.
Bats eat mosquitoes and bugs.
I love watching them chow down at dusk knowing they are an important part of the food-chain around here. They are fast but graceful little animals.
They do sometimes carry rabies and if a puppy or kitten eats a dead one before rabies vaccination, the state or county will force you to put it down.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Maybe try putting out an Ozzy bust like people do with the plastic owls to keep birds away.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Buy some peppermint oil at a health food store. Bats, mice and cockroaches hate it. Spread it around.....works well.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Mothballs will do the trick faster then anything. Only takes a few in a cheese cloth bag, pinned to a corner.

lebel409

Reaction score
Whatever you do to make them leave your house, make sure you give them someplace to go. Build some bathouses, a ton of info online. Be sure and build the box to the bats you have, very specific needs.

RCDave

Reaction score
Got one on our back patio, dog doesn't seem to notice it at all.
I think it has helped the bat situation but not 100%. Been plugged in for a year now.

That's the experience I had. Never seemed to bother the dogs. I had mine on a timer to activate at night only

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We have the sonic dealio but it doesn’t cover the whole back patio so we leave on the porch light.

My neighbor has balls of wadded up foil hanging in the corner with fishing line. Says it works.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
A couple of these pics should spook them away. :eek:

d027f798-174d-46c1-9ef9-4e20de390a92-jpeg.699840

Waterheater

Reaction score
We have the sonic dealio but it doesn’t cover the whole back patio so we leave on the porch light.

My neighbor has balls of wadded up foil hanging in the corner with fishing line. Says it works.

My parents did the tin foil thing. Worked great, never had a problem after that.