WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bats, and more bats

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I know bats are a good thing, they eat bugs, I get that. But damn, why do they have to stick to the walls of my house at night. Freaks me out, I have bat issues. That and they drop their shit on the ground.

We live near the lake so I’m thinking the amount of bats here has something to do with the higher number of insects by the water. At sunset the sky is filled with them feeding, 100’s of them.

I have heard of ultrasonic devices you can buy to keep them away from the house?
A09F253C-335A-435B-8D49-7D9A9A5328C2.jpeg

MrMayhem

Reaction score
We are at the Landing.
Took the cover off the boat the other day, and there was one living under the cover. Flew right at my head and scared the shit out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I got one off Amazon too. Hasn't eliminated them100% but they no longer are a pest. I've only noticed one hanging around, and only once.
20200926_105439.jpg

Reactions: DWC

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
My neighbor went to open her curtains the other day and a bat jumped out and landed on her shoulder. She freaked out and ran around the house till she blew new knee out with the bat still riding pirate style. They are used to bare but not when one lands on you unexpectedly inside the house. Feel bad but it must have been funny to watch. Just remember they eat like half of more of their body weight a day in bugs

Tank

Reaction score
Is this in havasu?! I’ve never seen one in havasu. In Idaho they’re EVERYWHERE! Kinda cool to watch them at dusk. Don’t think I’d dig them in my house or surprising me lifting the boat cover off. Uh uh

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Have seen one or two in back yard. Last one wouldn’t stop flying around and over us in the Cuzzi. I finally swatted him away. Don’t know if he liked the lights, the water or my drink. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Is this in havasu?! I’ve never seen one in havasu. In Idaho they’re EVERYWHERE! Kinda cool to watch them at dusk. Don’t think I’d dig them in my house or surprising me lifting the boat cover off. Uh uh
Don’t know if it still happens but I was in my boat under the London Bridge at dusk fishing and a shitload came out of the seam...after it surprised the hell out of us we were wondering if they were ever gonna stop. Must of been thousands.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Don’t know if it still happens but I was in my boat under the London Bridge at dusk fishing and a shitload came out of the seam...after it surprised the hell out of us we were wondering if they were ever gonna stop. Must of been thousands.

They love living under bridges.
About a million of them live under this bridge in Austin.

I don’t mind bats.
But if these are coming...I’m out.

IMG_5369.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Get a shovel, go in there and get that radar guided vermon

2Driver

Reaction score
I don’t mind bats.
But if these are coming...I’m out.

View attachment 926285

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They were that big when we went on our dive trip to Palau.

First night having a burger at the pool bar I said, hey an eagle or some huge bird just landed in the palm tree. The lady said no thats our bats and grabbed a flashlight so we could see it. They were massive.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Had small bats around our last place in Alta Loma, never more than a handful.

Big bastards, like the one posted above, that's what nightmares are made of. Hell no, if birdshot's only going to piss it off, I'm out.

yard dog

Reaction score
Go to Home Depot buy some mothballs hanging up where they are congregating and they are gone. They don’t like the smell !

ssc

Reaction score
On one of my hunting trips to Zimbabwe, I looked up while we were relaxing with a few drinks. To my surprise I saw a few interesting items looking back at me.

Cheers, Steve
Zim 06 085.jpg
Zim 06 086.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They were that big when we went on our dive trip to Palau.

First night having a burger at the pool bar I said, hey an eagle or some huge bird just landed in the palm tree. The lady said no thats our bats and grabbed a flashlight so we could see it. They were massive.
Same in Fiji...fukkers are massive.😲

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My wife sprays their favorite corners with peppermint essential oils w/ water combo in a spray bottle. They don't like it
The electronic gizmo works pretty good as well.