WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Battery Mounting Location?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Hey Gents, I’ve got a question concerning the best place to mount my batteries. When I purchased my 23 Daytona, the batteries were mounted appropriately 24”from the transom, in the forward most portion of the rear storage area. Is this the best place for them, or should they be back against the transom? I’d like to know before I start screwing battery mounts down. Thanks.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Balance is the goal... How does it run currently?

If it takes excessive trim to get the nose up, it may benefit from moving them back.
If it is always flighty, they might need to move forward.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Balance is the goal... How does it run currently?

If it takes excessive trim to get the nose up, it may benefit from moving them back.
If it is always flighty, they might need to move forward.

Only rode in the boat once. Didn’t seem to do anything strange.... so maybe put them back in the same spot ?? I guess if it ain’t broke......

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Only rode in the boat once. Didn’t seem to do anything strange.... so maybe put them back in the same spot ?? I guess if it ain’t broke......

Yes, put them back in the same spot, for now. Get used to driving the boat, find out how it handles in not only nice conditions but choppy conditions as well.

Is this a twin engine set up or single? If twin, the batteries are probably that far forward to help offset the weight of two engines hanging on the back.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yes. It’s a twin with 12” brackets. I’ll re-install where they were. Thanks guys.