WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Battle Bots

WYRD

Reaction score
Anyone watch this show? My son loves it and I am thinking on getting tickets to one of the shows but not sure if they are available.

Wife and I used to watch hells kitchen a few years back and tried to get tickets to a show only to find out they were not available..entire show was scripted even the diners...not sure if battlebots is same way

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We dvr every episode and watch as a family on weekends. Been hooked for a few years now. Great show

Absolutely.
Did you see the replay last night where tombstone got tossed in like 10 seconds??

nowski

Reaction score
I got hooked on the show about two seasons ago. Lots of talented kids (some adults as well) showcasing their talents all in the name of good clean fun...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Love it..amazing when you think they weigh in at 250lbs😲

Yep

When I get new people watching it I’m always like “that’s 250 pound’s cartwheeling through the air!”
It’s easy to forget that most spinners are 60 pounds plus and doing about 300 MPH tip speed.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
im pretty sure you can buy tickets. one of my customers built one a few years ago. he did the battle in long beach and gave me a VIP pack with parking and "pit" access for all the help. i went and it was pretty damn impressive.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Pretty sure River Dave built those things way back when the show first started years ago.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Pretty sure River Dave built those things way back when the show first started years ago.
I believe it was his dad that did so.

What network is it on now? I'll have to find it on a streaming service.

The power those robots have is extremely impressive.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I went to one a few years back. A friend invited me to go, cause he a a couple of extra tickets.

Kinna boring in person. But then again, I had only seen glimpses of the show prior to that day.

Nerd central. 😁😝

grumpy88

Reaction score
Its in vegas . I did a quick search and it said tickets will be available soon . Its on flamingo south of the strip . Big tent across from the westin

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
My kids and I watch it.Love it. Hats off to those Engineers building that stuff.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Yes my dad designed one and we built it and competed in the battle bots deal.. it was right when Comedy Central got bought out so our episode never aired..

They did use some of the footage from our last fight in the intro to the show for a few years.

merc_400r

Reaction score
Anyone watch this show? My son loves it and I am thinking on getting tickets to one of the shows but not sure if they are available.

Wife and I used to watch hells kitchen a few years back and tried to get tickets to a show only to find out they were not available..entire show was scripted even the diners...not sure if battlebots is same way

I looked into it several years ago. The show was in SF and tickets were easy to get. But there were alot of horror stories of the tapings so we didn't go. This was at the time and it may have changed now. But they didn't allow food or drinks into the arena except bottled water i think. They didn't sell any food or drinks on site. There was no sound system so you couldn't hear anything the people were saying (announcers, judges, interviews, intro's, etc) They would do many takes of the intro's, interveiws, judges reviews, so it would be like an hour between matches while they would be doing these retakes that the crowd couldn't hear. It was long hours so everyone was hungry, thirsty, and bored.

Me and my friend were thinking of building a robot for the next season and wanted to check it out to see how it was run. After hearing about all that we decided that it wasn't worth our time and money to try.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I went to one a few years back. A friend invited me to go, cause he a a couple of extra tickets.

Kinna boring in person. But then again, I had only seen glimpses of the show prior to that day.

Nerd central. 😁😝
Yeah I’m totally hooked on the show.

But not surprising that it’s boring and slow in person. I bet there’s a good 30-60 minutes between bouts.

The magic of editing 👍

The only thing I hate is the fucking commercials when streaming, you can’t forward thru them. DiscoveryGo sucks ass. We cut the cord so don’t have a DVR to fast forward them.