WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Battle of the Ex-Spouse... Bnag!

Dettom

Reaction score
Hopefully not a VIN..

intense scene.. and those who've married into a relationship with kids can relate to those tense moments with the ex.

He’s claiming self defense. It’s iffy in my view. Shooter was armed, created distance between him and victim, then fired. But, it’s Texas so you never know. Too early to tell.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Same thought... the Ex did say he'd take it away and shoot 2.0... and Ex did put his hand on the gun as well, but definitely not necessary. As I've learned.... sometimes you have to let them duke it out and not involve yourself and and just monitor and be there just in case. EX was definitely fired up/rage and I understand his point seeing his kid. Poor son...

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Going through that shit myself plus having 2 boys with kids from different moms, it is bullshit when the mothers try and hold the kids over the fathers heads and use them to "get back" at the father. Don't know if its the case here, but I've been through it.

My ex only pulled her .22 out on me once though.

Singleton

Reaction score
This is why my wife always had custody exchanges with her ex at public places and with a KTP officer, if I was with her. Her ex made life a PITA for years until a judge scolded him and the judge did it with the boys in the courtroom.

Dettom

Reaction score
Going through that shit myself plus having 2 boys with kids from different moms, it is bullshit when the mothers try and hold the kids over the fathers heads and use them to "get back" at the father. Don't know if its the case here, but I've been through it.

I used to get a shit ton of child custody cases disguised as child abuse cases. People put all kinds of shit in their kids heads and would prep them for interview. PIA. Took just as much work to disprove as it would to prove.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
definitely don't have a full understanding of TX law, but to my eye that's probably gonna go down as a murder. Manslaughter at least. He removed himself from a heated situation and returned with a firearm, then at the time the trigger was pulled there was sufficient distance to where a reasonable person would say he was no longer in immediate danger.

Singleton

Reaction score

Goes both ways. My wife’s EX husband was a total PIA. Lost count how many times she had to call the cops because the kids were 24/36 hour late from being returned or were pulled out of school and MIA for weekends, when they were supposed to be with us.

so glad those days ended when the youngest son hit HS and his dad figured out, playing stupid games only causes more division.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Shooter should have never gone inside and grabbed the gun and the victim should have never advanced on him, or tried to grab the gun out of his hands. Grabbing of the gun, will be how he gets off. If the victim, who was much larger, were to get ahold of the gun then his life would have been in danger, so for that reason.......it is justified.

Bunch of idiots IMO

floatn turd

Reaction score
Ehhh,
I don't know, I think that he'll have a tuff time claiming self defense.

When he introduced a gun to a verbal argument with no physical contact happening at the time or other weapons present.

My money is on him... going down!
3607360_full-tryinv-to-save-you-money-but-thats-none-of-my-business-quotes-pin-on-thoughts.jpg

shunter2005

Reaction score
Here is a synopsis of how this doctrine works in Texas. Mind you this came from a defense attorney website, so take it for what it's worth. It's fairly straight forward.

How the Castle Doctrine in Texas Works

To understand how the castle law works, it is important to understand the underlying laws for self-defense and the use of force related to protecting others and property. The key word in all of these laws is “reasonable.” For example, it is never considered reasonable to use force against someone for words alone. Tex. Penal Code § 9.31(b)(1). If the force used is reasonable in the situation, then using force is considered justified.

When force is used in the specific circumstances of the castle doctrine, the law presumes that the use of force was reasonable. The presumption of reasonableness makes it much easier to avoid criminal charges, and even if you are charged, it is much easier to prove that your actions were justified.

The castle doctrine in Texas presumes that using force is reasonable and justified when another person:

1. unlawfully and with force enters or attempts to enter your habitation, vehicle, or work-place; or
  2. attempts to remove you, by force, from your habitation, vehicle, or work-place;
  3. was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.
Texas Penal Code § 9.31

In the context of self-defense, “habitation” means any structure or vehicle that is adapted for overnight living by a person. However, it only includes structures that are connected to the main habitation. For example, a detached garage that is a separate structure from your house would likely not be considered your habitation. But if the garage was attached to the home, then it would be considered part of your habitation.

As it relates to the Castle-Doctrine, a “vehicle” is any device by which a person or property can be propelled or moved. This includes, but is not limited to, cars, golf carts, ATVs, boats, and airplanes.

Exceptions

There are two major exceptions to the castle doctrine: the person seeking to claim protection under the law cannot have provoked, or started, the incident. This is also known as being the “aggressor,” and it is not permitted under Texas law. The person must also not be engaged in criminal activity at the time the incident takes place. A person that is engaged in criminal activity will not be entitled to a castle doctrine defense, but they may be able to claim self-defense and lessen their punishment depending on the circumstances surrounding the event.

I think that the shooter, may have a big problem despite what his defense attorney says. We all know he's going to get paid to say that shit, so it's expected. Never seen a defense attorney defend a guilty person. From the above, it looks like the shooter fails on all 3 points of the castle doctrine not to mention the use of deadly force.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Dad was loud but he wasn't threatening anyone physically until gun guy came out and raised the bar. He's going to jail.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Wow……. It’s hard to comment. We know what we saw, which looks pretty bad, but if it were here in Florida, the shooter would have a decent “Stand Your Ground” defense.

I have trouble blaming Dad. It could be that he is finally tired of his ex jerking him off at every opportunity. She finally pisses him off to the point where he’s tired of her bullshit, and is verbally letting her know…….. Then douchbag boyfriend, who really should stay the fuck out of the ex’s business goes and gets his gun, using a pinch of red neck logic. Good luck to him, he’s an asshole that truly deserves to go to jail. I doubt that will happen. Time will tell.

I truly feel sorry for the child……. Especially if she has too continue to live with the killer of her dad.

84miller

Reaction score
He is guilty of murder the minute he walked into the house and came back with the gun. You cannot stand your ground or have a threat once you walk away, especially in to a home.

calkid

Reaction score
Without knowing the front story, the only winner here is the woman that apparently started it all.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I dunno reading that castle law doctrine it kinda falls under number 2??

He grabs the gun and throws the guy off his own front porch. ??

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I particularly like how not a single person even blinked as dead guy takes the room temperature challenge.
They just keep right on arguing, as dude bleeds out on ignore.
I swear to God the combined IQ of this cast of characters can NOT be over double digits.
Much has been preached about the poor kids but lets be brutally honest here...if that's the DNA that they possess they are already fucked for life.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I think the shooter should have kept his big beak out of their business.

Now he'll lose the girl, the kid, probably his house and his freedom!

The only thing he'll be "protecting" soon is his butthole in the Prison shower area!!

What a buffoon!

4gIoO4gEzMW5O.gif

Justfishing

Reaction score
We dont know what is being said. Is he threatening to take the kids, hurt the wife etc. What has he done in the past.

There are a couple of things i see. The ex entered the property and was being hostile. The shooter came out but didnt point the gun. Dont know if he made threatening comments. Even though shooter was armed the dad still was agressive and made physical contact.

Without the gun it only takes seconds for the larger guy to possibly become violent.

If the shooter had time to get a gun he should have had time to dial 911.

I think they were both stupid. I still dont understand when you approached by someone holding a gun that you dont retreat. If you dont it makes me question how far you are willing to go ...as in trying to take the gun.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
This is covered in depth in TX LTC courses.

The boyfriend is safe under Stand Your Ground laws. It was his property (doesn't matter whether he rents or owns) and the ex was "trespassing" the moment he was asked to leave and refused. The boyfriend then armed himself and asked the ex to leave again. Then the ex used "force" as defined by Texas law to potentially inflict harm to the boyfriend. In Texas, the use of "lethal force" in response to "force" where there is a reasonable belief that there is intent to harm (shoving and going for the gun) is 100% legal.

The only kicker would be if the child was clearly on the property and that the child being there was in clear violation of a legal custody agreement/order, then the ex would have had some ground to stand on. But the video clearly stated that the child was not there.

In a nut shell:
Ex walks on to boyfriends property: legal
Boyfriend asks ex to leave: legal
Ex refuses to leave: he is now legally a trespasser
Boyfriend arms himself ("force") and asks the "trespasser" to leave again: legal
Tresspasser assaults (shoves) boyfriend
Boyfriend is now legally entitled to use "lethal force" to defend himself and fires a warning shot at trespassers feet.
Tresspasser makes a move for the gun and boyfriend shoots the tresspasser.

It is a clean shoot. Boyfriend will be let off as he should be.

Now as said, if the girlfriend/exs child was being held there in violation of a custody agreement, it would be a whole different story but it sounds like the child was elsewhere.

Texas defines the brandishing of a firearm as "force" it is not until the firearm is pointed at a person that it is legally considered "lethal force"

DLC

Reaction score
Good thing they got it on video! It would be difficult to try to understand all the BS. Amazing How F’d some people are!

Ya notice, nobody called the police when the gun came out….

he will probably walk, it’s Texas!!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Just be old school and punch the guy in the mouth.. Now the kids will never see their Dad again..

shunter2005

Reaction score
This is covered in depth in TX LTC courses.

The boyfriend is safe under Stand Your Ground laws. It was his property (doesn't matter whether he rents or owns) and the ex was "trespassing" the moment he was asked to leave and refused. The boyfriend then armed himself and asked the ex to leave again. Then the ex used "force" as defined by Texas law to potentially inflict harm to the boyfriend. In Texas, the use of "lethal force" in response to "force" where there is a reasonable belief that there is intent to harm (shoving and going for the gun) is 100% legal.

The only kicker would be if the child was clearly on the property and that the child being there was in clear violation of a legal custody agreement/order, then the ex would have had some ground to stand on. But the video clearly stated that the child was not there.

In a nut shell:
Ex walks on to boyfriends property: legal
Boyfriend asks ex to leave: legal
Ex refuses to leave: he is now legally a trespasser
Boyfriend arms himself ("force") and asks the "trespasser" to leave again: legal
Tresspasser assaults (shoves) boyfriend
Boyfriend is now legally entitled to use "lethal force" to defend himself and fires a warning shot at trespassers feet.
Tresspasser makes a move for the gun and boyfriend shoots the tresspasser.

It is a clean shoot. Boyfriend will be let off as he should be.

Now as said, if the girlfriend/exs child was being held there in violation of a custody agreement, it would be a whole different story but it sounds like the child was elsewhere.

Texas defines the brandishing of a firearm as "force" it is not until the firearm is pointed at a person that it is legally considered "lethal force"
Shooter was not being threatened at all in the beginning. Everything was directed to the ex-wife, who was clearly trying to keep her distance from the soon to be dead guy. Dead guy was talking very loud at the ex-wife, but mainly threatening to take her and her family to court regarding parental visitation rights. Now, the eventual shooter did have the right to tell the dead guy to leave, did so, and dead guy was guilty of criminal trespass at that point because he did not leave the premises. However, criminal trespass is generally not enforced until trespasser is advised by LE to vacate the premises. Instead of going inside and arming himself and escalating the situation, shooter should have called 911 to have the trespasser removed. I don't believe the Castle Doctrine or Stand your ground applies in this situation, since they were outside the home and dead guy made no attempt to enter the residence. The Texas Penal Code states, the use of force is not justified in response to verbal provocation alone. The use of "force", but not deadly force is allowed if the actor (shooter) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used and was not committing a crime, other than a traffic offense. This shooter was guilty on both counts of this. Section 42.01.8 (Disorderly Conduct) of the TPC states, "it is an offense if a person displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm". Also, could be another offense of discharging a firearm in a public place. Both misdeanors. This does not reach the level where "deadly force" would be authorized under the Texas Penal Code.

Dead guy was pretty lucky that the first shot missed his foot or leg. You can be sure that the dead guy was pissed after that and got nose to nose with shooter. A pretty dumb move on dead guy's part. Guilty of criminal trespass, a Class B misdemeanor? Yes. Had LE been called, dead guy would have been told to leave. Failure to do so (or returning after being advised not to return) would have resulted in his arrest.

Even with the dead guy getting nose to nose with shooter, the shooter was doing a little pushback of his own with the rifle, but I digress, this was no where near the level to use deadly force. Even when the dead guy grabbed the gun and spun him out and away from the porch, he was several feet away and not in imminent fear or death or serious bodily injury, as dead guy was unarmed. Bottom line, he didn't have to pull the trigger to save his life or the life of the ex-wife. He pulled the trigger because he was pissed that the dead guy threw him off his own porch (my opinion).

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. The district attorney's office will probably file charges and present it to a Lubbock County Grand Jury. Almost all cases where a death occurs are presented to the GJ. They will decide, based on the facts of the case, as presented by the DA and any witness he/she subpoenas, whether to true bill (indict) or no bill this idiot. If the district attorney believes he acted under within the law, that da can request a no-bill. However, the GJ is under no obligation to do so and may indict if they so choose.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I dealt with the Wifes ex with measured responses. It was 7 years of focused, concentrated reacting - interacting with a complete tool. The fuckball did everything he could possibly think of to screw us over. Main reason I never posted much about our trips omitting most trips we took. Where and when you take the kids someplace is one main way ex's will fuck with you.

Then one day, the phone rang,, he died.
I don't pat myself on the back much, but I do with how I dealt with him.

My ex was about as bad an ex as one could design.
Then suddenly she is very dependant on us.
Occasionally she forgets this and defaults to her split tongue viper self, but a friendly reminder how much she needs us resets that attitude instantly.

Alice has even stopped off at her place to administer complicated home chemo.

Patience, perseverance and use the system.
Don't pull a gun on anyone unless you are going to pull the trigger in the same move and you best be 100% in the right.. Brandishing is illegal and pure Hollywood.

Lose your head and your ass soon follows.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Not always bad.
We had to kick out one of the kids a few months back.

Wifes other ex rolled by the house and did it for us.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’m guessing he walks being in TX.
Dead guy came there and started the whole deal. Yes, he’s pissed, kid exchange went south.
But that doesn’t give him the right to come in hot on puss boys porch. Especially in a castle doctrine state.
I’ve been on that porch, metaphorically speaking, a lot of us have.
My brother (rip) used to go through this shit all the time. He was not a great dad, but he thought he was. His ex was with a total felon asshole. I once drove him to the exchange at a neutral spot. No ex or kid there. He told me his attorney wanted the ex home address. My brother knew where they lived but didn’t know the exact apartment. It was right around the block so I drove him over there and told him to look at the mailboxes for the number.
I’m sitting in my car and I see him come sprinting back with felon boy in hot pursuit. He’d been beat up by this guy several times already.
He tackled him and started wailing on him. I got out hit felon boy at full speed and knocked the shit out of him. He was surprised, he didn’t know who I was. I grabbed my bro and got him into the car while psycho was screaming at us.
Well, when I had gotten out I lost my keys somewhere. Felon boy got in his car next to mine and came out with a 357 Mag Blackhawk.
He smashed my passenger window and started pistol whipping my brother. I got out and saw my keys on the ground. Got in and started the car about the time he was coming around the front to get to me. He saw his mistake immediately. I punched it (71 el Camino) and put him right through the wooden picket fence and about 15’ into the courtyard, then backed out and hauled ass to a nearby bowling alley pay phone. Could already hear the sirens at that point. All the neighbors had seen the exchange and the gun. Brother was hauled off to the hospital, I was driven back to the scene where felon boy was already on a gurney.
He wasn’t hurt too bad, couple scratches and bruises. He still didnt know who I was.
Must have been a dozen cop cars there.
I told the whole story and witnesses confirmed it.
He went to jail and I went home with a hell of a tale. A year later I was called and dismissed for jury duty. I looked at the court calendar and couldn’t believe my eyes. That dude was scheduled THAT MORNING to stand before a judge on assault and gun charges!
I walked in that courtroom and he almost shit himself.
The prosecutor obviously was like in training and had likely been handed the file 5 minutes before the hearing. She kept looking at me and finally came over and asked if I was the guy in the pictures.
It was funny, he told a huge fictional story and then I got up there and blew him out of the water. Judge said “why are you here”?
I said look, I don’t care what happens to him, I just want my windows paid for, here is the bill.
Fucking judge threw the book at him for his huge lie. Got 2 years and some probation and lots of fines, and paid for my windows.
The lawyer had a deal cut of some kind for straight probation bjt the judge tossed that.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Shooter was not being threatened at all in the beginning. Everything was directed to the ex-wife, who was clearly trying to keep her distance from the soon to be dead guy. Dead guy was talking very loud at the ex-wife, but mainly threatening to take her and her family to court regarding parental visitation rights. Now, the eventual shooter did have the right to tell the dead guy to leave, did so, and dead guy was guilty of criminal trespass at that point because he did not leave the premises. However, criminal trespass is generally not enforced until trespasser is advised by LE to vacate the premises. Instead of going inside and arming himself and escalating the situation, shooter should have called 911 to have the trespasser removed. I don't believe the Castle Doctrine or Stand your ground applies in this situation, since they were outside the home and dead guy made no attempt to enter the residence. The Texas Penal Code states, the use of force is not justified in response to verbal provocation alone. The use of "force", but not deadly force is allowed if the actor (shooter) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used and was not committing a crime, other than a traffic offense. This shooter was guilty on both counts of this. Section 42.01.8 (Disorderly Conduct) of the TPC states, "it is an offense if a person displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm". Also, could be another offense of discharging a firearm in a public place. Both misdeanors. This does not reach the level where "deadly force" would be authorized under the Texas Penal Code.

Dead guy was pretty lucky that the first shot missed his foot or leg. You can be sure that the dead guy was pissed after that and got nose to nose with shooter. A pretty dumb move on dead guy's part. Guilty of criminal trespass, a Class B misdemeanor? Yes. Had LE been called, dead guy would have been told to leave. Failure to do so (or returning after being advised not to return) would have resulted in his arrest.

Even with the dead guy getting nose to nose with shooter, the shooter was doing a little pushback of his own with the rifle, but I digress, this was no where near the level to use deadly force. Even when the dead guy grabbed the gun and spun him out and away from the porch, he was several feet away and not in imminent fear or death or serious bodily injury, as dead guy was unarmed. Bottom line, he didn't have to pull the trigger to save his life or the life of the ex-wife. He pulled the trigger because he was pissed that the dead guy threw him off his own porch (my opinion).

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. The district attorney's office will probably file charges and present it to a Lubbock County Grand Jury. Almost all cases where a death occurs are presented to the GJ. They will decide, based on the facts of the case, as presented by the DA and any witness he/she subpoenas, whether to true bill (indict) or no bill this idiot. If the district attorney believes he acted under within the law, that da can request a no-bill. However, the GJ is under no obligation to do so and may indict if they so choose.

Totally agree with everything except "public place." This looks like a private residence to me and not a multifamily dwelling either. I think as the law stands, the shooter should not be prosecuted or at the very least be found not guilty.

However I do believe that the situation was handled poorly by all parties and it likely didn't have to end that way if any 1 of the 3 actually stopped and made half an attempt to think/de escalate the situation.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Thats for sure

shunter2005

Reaction score
Totally agree with everything except "public place." This looks like a private residence to me and not a multifamily dwelling either. I think as the law stands, the shooter should not be prosecuted or at the very least be found not guilty.

However I do believe that the situation was handled poorly by all parties and it likely didn't have to end that way if any 1 of the 3 actually stopped and made half an attempt to think/de escalate the situation.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Thats for sure
It's been several years since I read the code. You are correct that a private residence is not a public place, by definition. However, if you are on your front porch or in your front yard, which is generally open to public view and you commit an offense that area can and has been interpreted to be a public place. If you walk out of your house, drop trou and take a leak in your front yard or get in a fight in your front yard, it may not be a public place per se, but it is in public view and if you are seen by a neighbor or anyone else, especially a LEO, you will very likely take a ride to the cop shop (unless you live in Austin - Lol...). So it's also very possible that the law could be interpreted to say that discharging a firearm in a public place or in open view of the public, could be a proper charge. Really boils down to who the DA on duty is, and how he/she interpretes the statute.

Scratch the Disorderly Conduct for the shooter, but still, the circumstances of this confrontation do not meet the criteria needed for the Castle Doctrine or Stand your Ground, and most certainly does not rise to the level where the use of "deadly force" is allowed or authorized by the Texas Penal Code in my humble opinion.

If he walks, I'll buy you lunch next time we meet up. If he doesn't, you buy. Deal?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Everyone on here usually goes on about how they will bow up and do this or that to anyone coming to their door.
Well, shooter basically did what all the John Rambos here say they will do, and now he’s a murderer?
Lol

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Everyone on here usually goes on about how they will bow up and do this or that to anyone coming to their door.
Well, shooter basically did what all the John Rambos here say they will do, and now he’s a murderer?
Lol
People post dumb shit on the internet. If people did half of the dumb shit that they talked about doing on the internet the world would have serious problems

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
It's been several years since I read the code. You are correct that a private residence is not a public place, by definition. However, if you are on your front porch or in your front yard, which is generally open to public view and you commit an offense that area can and has been interpreted to be a public place. If you walk out of your house, drop trou and take a leak in your front yard or get in a fight in your front yard, it may not be a public place per se, but it is in public view and if you are seen by a neighbor or anyone else, especially a LEO, you will very likely take a ride to the cop shop (unless you live in Austin - Lol...). So it's also very possible that the law could be interpreted to say that discharging a firearm in a public place or in open view of the public, could be a proper charge. Really boils down to who the DA on duty is, and how he/she interpretes the statute.

Scratch the Disorderly Conduct for the shooter, but still, the circumstances of this confrontation do not meet the criteria needed for the Castle Doctrine or Stand your Ground, and most certainly does not rise to the level where the use of "deadly force" is allowed or authorized by the Texas Penal Code in my humble opinion.

If he walks, I'll buy you lunch next time we meet up. If he doesn't, you buy. Deal?

I'll take that wager😎

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I said this over in the dungeon . . . before I knew that video was real, I would've bet $100 it was fake
Looks like a staged Jerry Springer episode.
And the way the guy fell to the ground, it's like he was dead before he even started falling !
I'm still wondering if a bullet severed his spinal chord.
You hear of people taking multiple rounds and living, . . not this dude.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I said this over in the dungeon . . . before I knew that video was real, I would've bet $100 it was fake
Looks like a staged Jerry Springer episode.
And the way the guy fell to the ground, it's like he was dead before he even started falling !
I'm still wondering if a bullet severed his spinal chord.
You hear of people taking multiple rounds and living, . . not this dude.

Me too.
I’ve never seen a person just fall down dead from a 9.

And I’ve never seen the surrounding people just ignore it like they did. They just kept right on arguing.
Tweekerville or something...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Me too.

And I’ve never seen the surrounding people just ignore it like they did. They just kept right on arguing.

That round from a rifle sizzles a lot hotter than out of a handgun.

Whole group is a bunch of cunts.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Me too.

If you haven’t already subscribe to the Active Self Protection channel on YouTube. People drop like that all the time from 9mm. Even smaller calibers that make you go WTF?!?!

When I was heavily in to gun competitions it really was true that shot placement was everything. I’d imagine this guy was dead before he dropped and the shooter knew it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you haven’t already subscribe to the Active Self Protection channel on YouTube. People drop like that all the time from 9mm. Even smaller calibers that make you go WTF?!?!

When I was heavily in to gun competitions it really was true that shot placement was everything. I’d imagine this guy was dead before he dropped and the shooter knew it.

I watch that guy sometimes.
Pretty awesome channel.
It also seems like the shooter may have done this before?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
He, at the very least, has trained for it beyond the average gun owner. The whole thing was bizarre.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
He, at the very least, has trained for it beyond the average gun owner. The whole thing was bizarre.
Planned, baited, executed. He knew exactly what he was doing. I read more about the case and background. Shooter is a shitty person, and now those kids have to live with the person who killed their dad. Step mom filed for emergency custody but IDK if she will get it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Planned, baited, executed. He knew exactly what he was doing. I read more about the case and background. Shooter is a shitty person, and now those kids have to live with the person who killed their dad. Step mom filed for emergency custody but IDK if she will get it.

Ya I don’t know the details but what you’re saying makes sense. Could be ex wife and new boyfriend set this whole thing up to play out like it did.

Poor kids are the losers in this ordeal, sad.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are we now assuming real dad was a saint?
(Honest question)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Who says they have to live with him?
That’s complete conjecture.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Who says they have to live with him?
That’s complete conjecture.

It's actually not. Do some reading not the case, and its the reason why Jennifer (the dead guys wife) is trying to get emergency custody. I'm betting he sleeps with one eye open now, he killed their dad..regardless of the circumstances.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Are we now assuming real dad was a saint?
(Honest question)

The dads actions prove he isn’t a saint. You don’t go this route screaming and yelling at someone’s front door to accomplish what he was trying to accomplish. The shooter is a loose cannon also. Two hot heads resulted in a bad outcome. Cool heads prevail, always.

I’m surprised you don’t hear about more of these types of cases. Ive seen divorce and child custody up close, add in new relationships and it’s a recipe for disaster.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Why didn't the guy and the wife go back in the house and lock door and call cops, if dead guy still wants some and breaks in, let the chips fall where they may.