WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BBQ Sammichs

Xring01

Reaction score
When I have a hankering for a BBQ sammich, but dont have the time or need for a full brisket...

Pot Roast, smoked just like a brisket, but it does it in half the time and you still get might fine bbq...

So I put these two babys on about 12:30, smoking away 225...
At around 2:30, I put some hot links on for about 45 minutes...

took two of, chopped them up, to make some beans... this is a recipe I developed for my wife. One of her favorites..

84F00FC7-7602-4B5D-8731-CFC98D2C5148.jpeg

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I never thought about smoking a pot roast. Way easier than futzing around for a 18 hours with a brisket.

Reactions: DLC

Xring01

Reaction score
Stater brothers has briskets for $6.99/ lb,

Pot roast for $3.99/ lb the other day...

We all know I am not the sharpest tool, but this one was pretty easy to figure out.

Cook them the same way you do a brisket. And it should turn out great...

Me... I dont measure,
rub, 40% salt, 60% pepper, some garlic, chili pwder, celery seed, paprika, what ever else sounds good that day. Mostly salt and coarse black pepper.
smoke at 225 ish, until internal temp hits 165 degrees ish..
wrap in foil,

turn up smoker to 275 ish, cook till they are tender... 195-208 pending the quality of the meat...

honestly, i just use a tooth pick, not a thermometer.

Beans recipe
Bushs baked beans, (whatever you have), small can - cut pine apples, 2 hot links (smoked for 45 mins prior to adding them to beans), half an onion sauted before you add them to the beans., and my home mmade seasoning.. or use what you got.
btw, pour all the pineapple juice in the beans.. helps prevent them from drying out.
smoke for a couple hours at 225 ish.

Last edited: