WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beach/Lake/River chairs

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Sssoooo our chairs will likely last this summer. So I’m starting the search for the best chair.
• folds up tight to fit in compartment.
• drink holder
• attached umbrella is a plus, but not needed.
• inexpensive but not cheap.
• Foot rest
• arm rests

seems simple enough right ? 🤪
Sssoooo any suggestions ?

I live in the OC and LHC is our boating location.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Subscribed...
would like a holder for my channel toy too..

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We have these. They are big heavy and take up way too much space but damn are they comfortable.

gci-outdoor-roadtrip-rocker-32935.jpg

Gci roadtrip rocker. They have shocks in the back that compress so you can rock back and forth. They have been pretty durable too. They dont work pointed downhill though so if your favorite beach is sloped towards the water your gonna have your back to the river.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I go with the smallest chair I can find. My mom got these fancy ones with padded head rest and foot rest. Too big don’t fit in the hatch. Everyone hates me but I don’t care. We get the skinny fold up ones I can fit like 6 in the boat and we are good. This is part of the reason I’m looking for bigger boats.

Tank

Reaction score
Funny, I've never even considered taking chairs on our boat. 😆

We stand, sit on the swim step, swim, etc.

But for the beach, we have a stack of tommy bahama chairs for what it's worth.

DWC

Reaction score
We’ve had the low boy version of these for quite awhile. It stopped me from having to drag around an ez up

AA2215FF-8B27-4271-A01B-552E18A6A057.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I go with the smallest chair I can find. My mom got these fancy ones with padded head rest and foot rest. Too big don’t fit in the hatch. Everyone hates me but I don’t care. We get the skinny fold up ones I can fit like 6 in the boat and we are good. This is part of the reason I’m looking for bigger boats.
It's rare I take chairs in the boat, like ever. If one person has one then everyone feels compelled to bring one. NFW.
I started the no chair trend long ago when friends would stack chairs any & every where and we'd all stumble around in the boat. When a seat got cut by one that was the end. Beside that, they'd all put their chairs out on beach and hardly or not even use 'em at all.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Lots of free ones to be found early morning on the weekends. I was tempted to snag a set Friday evening, looks like they were staged up for Saturday morning.
I have thought about that.... but... just can’t do that...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I bought this bad boy at Wallyworld a few years ago...it's bad ass, and every time I am not sitting in it, it's taken by someone...it's that good.

Bonus is it's YUGE. Made for big boys. Will hold up to women in lap kind of fun without collapsing....

Folds up good and flat, only weighs like 10 lbs...great chair.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Lots of free ones to be found early morning on the weekends. I was tempted to snag a set Friday evening, looks like they were staged up for Saturday morning.
How dare you think about stealing someone’s chairs it’s worse then shooting someone’s boat with a water gun....

USMC2010

Reaction score

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Colman max comfort sling. Wal-Mart sometimes amazon

Meaney77

Reaction score
The Tommy Bahama chairs from Costco dont work well?