WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bean's Last Day

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
For you KROQ listeners, it's Bean's last day on the Kevin and Bean morning show. Some funny stuff on that show, some stupid stuff on that show, but usually entertaining on the morning drive to work.

Bean leans pretty left and is moving to England, which is fine with me if we lose another liberal. Not sure if he's one of those celebrities that swore to leave the country if Trump was elected, but if so, glad to see at least one of them making good on the promise.

I wonder what they'll do with the show now and how it'll go.

Mototrig

Reaction score
BYE_FELICIA.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Used to listen to them daily when I lived in Los Angeles. It was a great time in the late 80s & early 90s.

Then I used streamed it for some time on the Interweb once I moved back to Hawaii. I always enjoyed travels back to the mainland. As a rule I would dial in the radio before pulling out of the rental car lot and hit the road.

Haven’t listened in a few years. I thought that it went down hill some time ago and a few other options are available. Oh well.....life goes on and just another fond memory of a good part of my life like the Man Show. LOL

Cdog

Reaction score
Listing, They used to be funny back in the 90's. Oingo boingo song was great choice of last song. I remember when they took over for Richard Blade and when Poorman got fired. Damn it's been a long time from being a kid listing in my bedroom. Crazy!

Funny timing, I normally listen to 91X in SD but the stream on my squeeze box isn't working.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
People still listen to FM radio?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of talk show radio stuff. Yeah sure sometimes there's funny stuff they do but mostly they want to share their views both directly and indirectly.
I prefer to hear music on the radio....so xm first wave is my go to and can reminisce with the old KROQ dj's

Cdog

Reaction score
I tuned out in the early 2000's when they were trying to suck their way into the mainstream Hollywood BS. It was more fun when they were shit talkers instead of ass kissing HW.

Any of you remember when they almost got fired for faking the murder call on air. LOL! I remember my dad and I listening on the way to Long Beach to my great grandfathers wake. Adam Corolla has always been great on the show.

Kroq is stuck in a bubble with the same music over and over. Goes from depressing Lincoln park to muse to hipster main stream. I dont mind it every once in a while but prefer 91X. More into Dirty heads, pepper, slightly stupid, punk rock & 80's 90's alt stuff.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I have been a long time listener, 25 years or so on my drive in the mornings. The show has sucked for a long time. They definitely push their agenda a bit much too. Ralph was probably the worst of it so I wasn't even that mad when he got canned, I think the station handled it poorly for sure, but me as the customer I was fine with it. He said the same thing when Lisa May got let go, he said to suck it up and that's the industry and it can happen to anyone, the universe is not without a sense of irony.

Jensen is getting on my nerves though as the new member and probably replacement for Bean. I liked him when he came on in various role bits through the years, but since he is full time, its often about making stuff about him, his life, and in general his take and why he is smarter than everyone kind of thing. It rubs me the wrong way. The show currently ranks 15th in the morning show slot, I don't expect to be listening to it for another year. I also don't expect Bean to find work in the UK. I think they all are needing to gracefully retire, and KROQ needs to be something else or clean house, I don't see it surviving.

C-2

Reaction score
Listing, They used to be funny back in the 90's. Oingo boingo song was great choice of last song. I remember when they took over for Richard Blade and when Poorman got fired. Damn it's been a long time from being a kid listing in my bedroom. Crazy!

Funny timing, I normally listen to 91X in SD but the stream on my squeeze box isn't working.

Yup, back when Dr. Drew was Poorman's BOY, lol.

My favorite era was with Richard Blade and Meeeeechelle.

I stream KROQ HD on my phone and then bluetooth it to my bitchen Tewell speaker box (that looks like an oldschool guitar amp) https://www.amazon.com/TEWELL-Powered-Bluetooth-Speaker-Retrorock/dp/B06XT5R7CJ

HD radio rocks, they have KNAC and many other 80's metal stations, too.

Reaper1

Reaction score
I left when Ralph did, but today's show with Jimmy and Adam was good to reminisce. Things change and life goes on. I Mostly listen to XMSirius but the Woody show is good every now and then.

Cdog

Reaction score
I pick up the station in OC that poor man is on from today when they had him on. I’ll give him a stream/listen while I go though emails tomorrow.

KOCI 101.5 FM

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I've listened to K&B since highschool. Sad that it's over. For me, the show was at it's best when they were backed by funny ass people. Psycho Mike was a favorite, Ralph Garmin had his moments (sucked 1/2 the time, but was hilarious 1/2 the time). Adam Corolla's stint with K&B was a good run in the early Corolla days. Then there was Big Tad....

Lisa May getting caught up in the middle of stuff was always entertaining to listen to. Producer OMAR's songs are awesome. I can deal with Beer Mug.

Jensen and Ally aren't gonna keep the show afloat sadly, and most all of the entertaining backing cast and behind the scenes people are long gone.

RIP BEAN

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I only listened to K&B when Stern was on a commercial break when he was on 97.1. Once Stern went to Sirius never listened to KROQ again. Didn't/Doesn't one of them do the show from Seattle?

78Southwind

Reaction score
I didn't listen to morning shows much but when I did I would bounce between Mark & Brian to Kevin & Bean. What I remember about Kevin & Bean was the time when they were messing with Rick Dees. Does anyone remember when Poorman was talking shit about one of the woman jet ski racers? This was back in 1993 and I can't remember her name. It was kind of funny for me since while I was listening one of my friends from work called in to Loveline when he was talking shit and gave him hell.

Last edited:

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I only listened to K&B when Stern was on a commercial break when he was on 97.1. Once Stern went to Sirius never listened to KROQ again. Didn't/Doesn't one of them do the show from Seattle?
Bean was in Washington, but somewhere on an island I think,then moved to New Orleans

RodnJen

Reaction score
It was a fun show this morning. All the best to Bean and the crew.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's odd reading that they had become the typical left leaning deal. When I last listened, I think Psycho Mike was the newest member. Maybe they were political and I didn't know any better then? A few months ago I was in Cali, and scanned through the stations, more spanish than I remembered. Put on KROQ, and the music was softish, and a group I hadn't heard before. iPod stayed plugged in or cd's every trip since.

Cdog

Reaction score
It's odd reading that they had become the typical left leaning deal. When I last listened, I think Psycho Mike was the newest member. Maybe they were political and I didn't know any better then? A few months ago I was in Cali, and scanned through the stations, more spanish than I remembered. Put on KROQ, and the music was softish, and a group I hadn't heard before. iPod stayed plugged in or cd's every trip since.

It seemed to happen around the time we went into Iraq. Bean hated George shrub bushhhhhhhh. Some wisdom there but still made the show suck IMO.

DD December was the best of the best. LOL! :D:D

Broadcasting is full of flaming libtards though. They're used to sucking the brass ring so they can move up through the ranks. I have a cousin who use to be a DJ on Pirate Radio. He went to Vegas when they closed up and is now in Chicago. I dont keep in touch but I heard from his dad, My moms uncle that he's got a serious case of Trump derangement syndrome.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yes people still go to work to make AMERICA GREAT!!
Exactly, the dumbfucks that still listen to FM radio are the ones voting for Trump.

jones performance

Reaction score
surprised they were still on air actually.. i quit listening after they got rid of big tad and micheal the maint man. also about that time adam corolla left to do his hting and his mr burcham character was always a great listen. fuck jimmy kimel, never liked that prick.

Keymyster

Reaction score
There you go bringing politics into a non political thread.

C-2

Reaction score
Going to have to check that out. Never really paid attention to his radio but it sounds like they have some good stuff

It's awesome. For KROQ HD2, the only DJ's are Freddie Snakeskin and Tami Heidi (who is also a DJ on 94/7). After 6:00 p.m., I think the station is on autopilot.

Several of the HD stations have minimal commercials, most of which are public service announcements.

For the desk, I bought a Grace digital radio and it has great sound, but you can save yourself $100 and bu a speaker box and then stream the music from the "My Tuner Radio" app on your phone via bluetooth. Or, if you can hotspot it, or obviously Cat5 cable connect it. I boughtthe Tewell retro box and it has excellent sound; better than the Grace radio.

termiteguy

Reaction score
The poorman started on kroq way back doing the surf report from Huntington beach along with rockin fig if I remember correctly

termiteguy

Reaction score
Exactly, the dumbfucks that still listen to FM radio are the ones voting for Trump.
Did you really just call all of us who drive work trucks dumbfucks? Didn't you drive one at one point in life

78Southwind

Reaction score
Did you really just call all of us who drive work trucks dumbfucks? Didn't you drive one at one point in life

Don't mind Grads. Every time he posts this shit my mind instantly thinks of this song. Insert Grads for Johnny...:D

NicPaus

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they. Us dumb fucks working construction have never been this busy. If you lived closer I would hit you up to help run a few jobs. Brought in another friend but he wanted over a $1000 a day cash. Settled on $750 for days he worked last week. But he wont do any more days at that rate. I am by no means into politics but have never had this much work even in the last boom. No complaints and hopefully it stays as good as it is.