WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beard Barber

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I've start growing my beard out and have found out that what I want it to do and what it is doing are two different things. I've bought the potions and elixirs for proper beard care and it's helped some. I've watched videos, but I seem to lack the finesse.

I know this is a boating forum, but it seems like everyone here has good information about everything and 98% you guys are spot-on; which brings me to the next question - Who of the bearded inmates has a good beard barber in the San Dimas / Glendora / La Verne or surrounding areas? I've gone online and Yelp, but those are barber shops that don't really state they do any beard work. Yeah they'll trim it, but I don't want 6 months of beard growth to get cut off in 30 seconds by a guy who's trimmed a "few" beards.

Whatcha guys got?
TIA

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Not a bad idea to find a local old school barber to trim and shape your beard. But I run a short beard, almost a long stubble, I have a good Oster clipper with a number 1 attachment that I use, works great. I do notice that I will receive compliments on it when it is trimmed up and my neck is shaved. Most chicks don't dig the ZZ Top look. Good luck

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I've start growing my beard out and have found out that what I want it to do and what it is doing are two different things. I've bought the potions and elixirs for proper beard care and it's helped some. I've watched videos, but I seem to lack the finesse.

I know this is a boating forum, but it seems like everyone here has good information about everything and 98% you guys are spot-on; which brings me to the next question - Who of the bearded inmates has a good beard barber in the San Dimas / Glendora / La Verne or surrounding areas? I've gone online and Yelp, but those are barber shops that don't really state they do any beard work. Yeah they'll trim it, but I don't want 6 months of beard growth to get cut off in 30 seconds by a guy who's trimmed a "few" beards.

Whatcha guys got?
TIA

Both places do straight razors.

These are in Rancho...

I go here from my hair cut, its out of my element but they do a good job. Wife was done cutting my hair for a 1.5 yrs so had to find a place.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Stay Gold in Fontana. Specifically Jake. If you don’t want to make the drive they also have a Claremont location. They are all top notch barbers at Stay Gold

dspracing

Reaction score
Do you need a mani/pedi spot too? Maybe a facial and a message? Make a day out of it?

River Runnin

Reaction score
Fuk! Are you kidding! ... They ALL know how to trim beards! .... Right after they Fk it up! ... I haven't shaved since 1978! -- Last day in the Corp! 😑
Best to learn to do the basics before trying to train your new cutter! ... That knows it all!! ;)

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Fuk! Are you kidding! ... They ALL know how to trim beards! .... Right after they Fk it up! ... I haven't shaved since 1978! -- Last day in the Corp! 😑
Best to learn to do the basics before trying to train your new cutter! ... That knows it all!! ;)

Do you tie that fukr around your waist so you dont trip over it?🤣🤣

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Once I know how I to groom and trim it to keep it from looking like a 70’s mega bush I should be fine.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Once I know how I to groom and trim it to keep it from looking like a 70’s mega bush I should be fine.

Basics ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB7B9H...r]google.com[d]D[z]m&tag=thestrategistsite-20

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-beard-trimmers-electric-reviews.html

. I use a long comb that has a good backbone and is straight (No rock on counter)
. I use the #4 (suggest #5 1/2 inch) guide comb on trimmer ... Fire it up and just comb your beard! Up, down, left, and right --- Ear to chin, chin to ear! -- until it's as evenly short all around.
. Then I take that str8 edge, back of comb, and put it along my jaw line (just below it) from ear to chin. I make sure of the line up before trimming down the line (No comb guides on trimmer). After both sides are done, I look str8 ahead in the mirror and put the str8 edge under my chin where I want the depth to be and trim away.
. Then I put the comb guide back on and comb, comb, comb again!

. Now the good part! ;) Wash the face, Take a Hot cloth and heat up me neck. Then with shaving cream in palm, -- use pointing finger -- and slice off some cream. Start at my ear and make my line (from ear to ear). Now with the perfect line from ear to ear and neck Lathered, Razor your perfect line in first, then finish up the neck. Hot wash, good aftershave and that's it! Being so Darn good looking! ... I only have to do this 3-4 times a year!🤔

Last edited: