WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Because 2020...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I get home from work and my wife is pissed. To begin with she had to work today even though she is on vacation, but the bigger issue is she was going to bake the deserts for tomorrow...

... And one side of the oven won't light. 36 inch Viking and the igniter on the left side took the holiday off. Everything is burnt on one side and undercooked on the other. She was cooking in between doing work and didn't notice till everything was supposed to be done.

Of course, I can't find the spare igniter I keep on hand and all of the appliance places are closed.

Luckily I'm cooking the prime rib on the grill, but we might be a little light on sides tomorrow.

Is it 2021 yet?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Worst part is dealing with a pissed off wife.
Food and holidays, just another day to eat a lot. Family and holidays...that's the important thing. Just hope for better days ;)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I got a 3 bone 8 pounder going on around 10ish

Just me, and a buddy is coming out for a couple days. Got a feeling I’ll have leftovers...
B2AD5490-D3B0-48AA-9A4C-1925C2BF2125.jpeg
62DED178-6388-46A7-AE76-7B08A762929C.jpeg
8DC5A505-E71C-4B4F-B160-9151F47DF00B.jpeg

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Can you jump the working side to the non working? Try cleaning all the points with a wet brush or steel wool.
If you have an old ignition coil I’m sure you could rig something up with a battery and a spark plug

my hot water heater went out last Christmas, so I understand

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Can you jump the working side to the non working? Try cleaning all the points with a wet brush or steel wool.
If you have an old ignition coil I’m sure you could rig something up with a battery and a spark plug

my hot water heater went out last Christmas, so I understand

The oven uses what is essentially a glow plug, the cook top uses the spark plugs. An old school pilot light sure would be nice right now. My wife is shopping for new ranges this morning... LOL.

There really isn't any way to jump start the burner. The glow plug activates the thermocouple on the burner.

We should be OK cooking on the "cold" side but it'll take some work and my oven capacity is pretty much cut in half... just Thanksgiving in 2020...

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I feel ya! Went to light the burner for the turkey fryer last nigh and found no gas flow! We've already bought oil and everything. Better yet, Im working all day, so that quick fry when i get home looks a little different now. I know I can fix it, but not in time for tonight