WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Because Boating In Florida Fucking Rules..

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So need to do some Florida boating.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Ya feel like a total poser here after a visit to Florida.

Still fun though...

😉

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Havasu would crush the body painting competition!!!!

LHCBOY

Reaction score
IMG_2287.jpg
Florida is closed

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I meant compared to that first video, not every girl in Fl.

River Runnin

Reaction score
After careful consideration! 🤔 and several hours of video research!

I just don't have the patience to even try! 😑

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Hahahaha, the gulf side is the best side!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
5 of my fellow techs are retiring to FL over the next 4 years, two have bought rental homes and are making good $ (with docks)
Best place for a single guy in their 50’s which three of them are.
Good times

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Stu Jones, owner of Fl Pboat club.
You should subscribe. Lotsa fun in there.
Especially looking at snow out your window.....

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
5 of my fellow techs are retiring to FL over the next 4 years, two have bought rental homes and are making good $ (with docks)
Best place for a single guy in their 50’s which three of them are.
Good times
What cities are they moving to?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What cities are they moving to?
2 with rentals are in Cape Coral
One is buying somewhere near Disneyworld as he’s doing executive protection for Disney
Other two are going to area south of Miami and somewhere on the panhandle.

One of our Dive Sgt.’s went past Fl to the Cayman Islands, became citizen and all.
Diving is his life, perfect place to live for that.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hey guys...... If you buy a home with a dock or slip, you won’t have to deal with the boat ramps. My boat has not been on its trailer for almost 2 years. I just press the down button on the boat lift and off I go.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Hey guys...... If you buy a home with a dock or slip, you won’t have to deal with the boat ramps. My boat has not been on its trailer for almost 2 years. I just press the down button on the boat lift and off I go.
My coworker has never owned a boat now has a boat slip /lift and is looking for a 26 to 30 foot center consul with twin our board LOL he has 200 K to spend

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
My coworker has never owned a boat now has a boat slip /lift and is looking for a 26 to 30 foot center consul with twin our board LOL he has 200 K to spend

This is so common...... especially this past year.

Boat storage is at an all time high. The ramp parking lots are full by weekend mornings. Any shop that does repairs has a waiting list. There are more rental boats than ever. The Florida waterways have never been so packed, especially on the weekends.

The local news says 800 people per day are moving to Florida. The current prices of everything confirm this.

The hotels in the Keys are charging the highest rates ever and are sold out. On another forum, it is said that prices are averaging $500 per night.

We are also inundated by tourists...... Everybody wants to vacation in Florida right now! If I took a pic of the weather right now..... you would know why. It’s perfect!

I might go hit the down button on the boat lift later........ I know this sounds so cool, but I then have to ask myself, do I really feel like cleaning my boat when I am done? Is it worth the short or long cruise? What a hassle it is to stand there and wait for boat to be lowered? Having to pack a small cooler? The hassle of deciding if I should run on one battery or two? I am also tired of figuring out what music to listen too? The unbelievable hassle of figuring out...... swimsuit or shorts? Sunglasses? Shirt? What button to turn on? Geez..... will the hassle ever end? Somebody save me from this life of undue torture...... I can’t take it anymore. Please just let me get into a Saturday Lake Havasu boat ramp line....... so that I can be reinvigorated about my current situation. I hope you guys see my dilemma. Lol

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Boat storage is at an all time high. The ramp parking lots are full by weekend mornings. Any shop that does repairs has a waiting list. There are more rental boats than ever. The Florida waterways have never been so packed, especially on the weekends.

The local news says 800 people per day are moving to Florida. The current prices of everything confirm this.

The hotels in the Keys are charging the highest rates ever and are sold out. On another forum, it is said that prices are averaging $500 per night.

We are also inundated by tourists...... Everybody wants to vacation in Florida right now! If I took a pic of the weather right now..... you would know why. It’s perfect!

I might go hit the down button on the boat lift later........ I know this sounds so cool, but I then have to ask myself, do I really feel like cleaning my boat when I am done? Is it worth the short or long cruise? What a hassle it is to stand there and wait for boat to be lowered? Having to pack a small cooler? The hassle of deciding if I should run on one battery or two? I am also tired of figuring out what music to listen too? The unbelievable hassle of figuring out...... swimsuit or shorts? Sunglasses? Shirt? What button to turn on? Geez..... will the hassle ever end? Somebody save me from this life of undue torture...... I can’t take it anymore. Please just let me get into a Saturday Lake Havasu boat ramp line....... so that I can be reinvigorated about my current situation. I hope you guys see my dilemma. Lol
Just found out Bob Tech number six will be moving to that area as well either Cape Coral or down by Saint peters he’s leaving next week to spend 5 days there to buy a house

The military EOD school is in Florida hence why some of these guys are going there to find jobs in retirement

240Hallett

Reaction score
My neighborhood is one the water on the gulf side and has always been a secret. Secret is out and homes are on the market for 2 days. We have a private boat ramp, 1200 of beach front with 2 miles of state park and private estates on both sides. You can still buy a house here for under 200k, but they are small cottages.

Well it looks like those houses have boat deep yards.
Is the ferry still private?

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Well it looks like those houses have boat deep yards.
Is the ferry still private?

The lots are 100ft deep, so 2 boats and a car! Yes, the ferry is still only for pass holders. Price doubles if your home is not in the hood and the boat ramp / beach ferry is gated.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Any idea on boat shows coming up out there?
Buddy is in cape coral now shopping for a cc

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Don't fret. All those new home buyers will be selling those places once July and August hit, if not sooner! 🤣