WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Because they said family get together are good. Any good stories?

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
What in the Sam hell happened here. We’re staying at my wife’s parents- I actually really do enjoy it.

Well this year my wife’s half brother, his wife and two teenage kids invite themselves. He’s a stock broker/hard money lender/slum lord with too much money. Most of it goes to drugs and the rest goes to Amazon junk. Btw, these parents aren’t his blood parents.

It’s literally cousin Eddie crashing for the weekend but this picture book family rolls up in a 7 series and a baggy of whatever is going to fuel mom and dad for a few days. The wife recently wrapped the Bentley around a pole. She used to be a dime piece, now looks like she wonders the streets of Reno...

Anyway, he and my wife get into it about who is going to babysit our 8yo daughter on Friday night when all the adults go out to dinner. His kids unfortunately can’t be trusted, even though they are old enough to babysit. I wouldn’t leave my dog with them. BIL gets offended we don’t trust his offspring. Shocking.

Shit escalates quick. Wife storms off after some colorful words insulting his lack of parenting. I get in trouble because I didn’t storm off with her... I stay to deescalate this shit. We’re 3 hours into a relaxing thanksgiving week.

Well that was a mistake, I should have just stormed off too. Side of my face is still sore from the slap my wife gave me. This puts my wine hangover into new territory this morning.

Wife and MIL are making a racket in the kitchen whippin up something fierce. Things might be salvageable for now. BIL and family are face down till probably 2 or 3p.

Our dog shit all over my in-laws bedroom late last night.

Family is great, happy thanksgiving.

propcheck

Reaction score
I have had similar holidays, good luck i usually just adjust my diet to bloody mary for breakfast beer through out the day and whiskey at dinner it helps keep the family safe otherwise somebody would get an ass whoopin😂

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Lol just me and wifey told brother and 2 sisters to pound sand after mom died ( RIP mom and dad ) brother is a complete Asshole oldest sister stole most of moms jewelry as she was dieing my oldest kid stole 15 k then took our grandkids away and made sure she made up a shit bullshit that we are bad people ( we miss GKs ) Youngest kids husband got cov19 last week so it’s just wifey and me Cheers 😎👍🍸

DWC

Reaction score
What in the Sam hell happened here. We’re staying at my wife’s parents- I actually really do enjoy it.

Well this year my wife’s half brother, his wife and two teenage kids invite themselves. He’s a stock broker/hard money lender/slum lord with too much money. Most of it goes to drugs and the rest goes to Amazon junk. Btw, these parents aren’t his blood parents.

It’s literally cousin Eddie crashing for the weekend but this picture book family rolls up in a 7 series and a baggy of whatever is going to fuel mom and dad for a few days. The wife recently wrapped the Bentley around a pole. She used to be a dime piece, now looks like she wonders the streets of Reno...

Anyway, he and my wife get into it about who is going to babysit our 8yo daughter on Friday night when all the adults go out to dinner. His kids unfortunately can’t be trusted, even though they are old enough to babysit. I wouldn’t leave my dog with them. BIL gets offended we don’t trust his offspring. Shocking.

Shit escalates quick. Wife storms off after some colorful words insulting his lack of parenting. I get in trouble because I didn’t storm off with her... I stay to deescalate this shit. We’re 3 hours into a relaxing thanksgiving week.

Well that was a mistake, I should have just stormed off too. Side of my face is still sore from the slap my wife gave me. This puts my wine hangover into new territory this morning.

Wife and MIL are making a racket in the kitchen whippin up something fierce. Things might be salvageable for now. BIL and family are face down till probably 2 or 3p.

Damn, sounds like you’ve got a hell of a weekend ahead of you! Only thing that could have made it better would be a few pics.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My wife and I are having my Dad and Sister over for thanksgiving dinner. I haven't seen or spoken to my daughter and grandkids since August. My daughter is mad at us for something and we think its either for voting for Trump or our thoughts on the entire COVID deal. I've tried to talk with her about it but but no luck in that.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I say run this shindig through till the new year! It’ll be epic!
Film it all, hit you tube gold, then retire!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Lol just me and wifey told brother and 2 sisters to pound sand after mom died ( RIP mom and dad ) brother is a complete Asshole oldest sister stole most of moms jewelry as she was dieing my oldest kid stole 15 k then took our grandkids away and made sure she made up a shit bullshit that we are bad people ( we miss GKs ) Youngest kids husband got cov19 last week so it’s just wifey and me Cheers 😎👍🍸
This sounds exactly like me and my sisters. In the rv this weekend just the wife and I.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Sorry sounds like fun!

but I had the conversation with my wife (girlfriend at the time) she jokingly slapped my face after a fun night out. I calmly grabbed her hands and explained that joking or not if that shit happens again It won’t be pretty. We’ve been happily married for 10yrs. I’ve seen other people let their wife’s slap them but that shit doesn’t fly in my house.

hope your weekend gets better!!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

thats just great. Made me laugh

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

kind of like my family. Its been a disaster since my father passed away years ago. The disaster picked up steam after my mother passed this year. I walked away from them all except for one sister. This is a family of 11 kids I am talking about.

very toxic and they cant be trusted.

happy thanksgiving to you and your wife.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Sorry sounds like fun!

but I had the conversation with my wife (girlfriend at the time) she jokingly slapped my face after a fun night out. I calmly grabbed her hands and explained that joking or not if that shit happens again It won’t be pretty. We’ve been happily married for 10yrs. I’ve seen other people let their wife’s slap them but that shit doesn’t fly in my house.

hope your weekend gets better!!

Things have been straightened out alright.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
kind of like my family. Its been a disaster since my father passed away years ago. The disaster picked up steam after my mother passed this year. I walked away from them all except for one sister. This is a family of 11 kids I am talking about.

very toxic and they cant be trusted.

happy thanksgiving to you and your wife.
I have always said “ clear your mine your ass will follow “ Happy Thanksgiving Tom

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Got to see my grandpup, Bear
image0000001 (6).jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
I use to get baited into offering my opinion on things. Years of watching all the big mouths spew their bullshit and opinions. With all their failure in life following them around like a hobo chasing a ham sandwich. They're always offering their opinions for free as no-one in their right mind would pay for it. As I grew older and wiser arriving at the ripe ole age of 43. Now I just give them my best Dexter smile.

8EE4D738-7A46-4A10-A77A-076755182C3C.jpeg

JD D05

Reaction score

I say the moment everyone is together today you simply ask the group "so who is watching my kid tomorrow" and slowly back out.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Throwing his glasses behind the tv reminded me of another funny story about them.
A few years ago they invited themselves on to our cabin cruiser...

Well his trophy wife dozed off on the back swim step while we were docked. One of her fancy flip flops fell off and floated away like a lonely fucking duckling. I didn’t do anything about it. While she was down there a little aluminum vial full of booger sugar rolled out of her pocket. I picked that up and kept it as a little souvenir. When she came to she tried to calmly look around for it. Few minutes later she’s down in the cabin pulling the couch cushions apart. She would of gotten in to the bilge if she knew how to open the engine hatches. It was good entertainment. She never did realize she lost her flippy floppy.

Last edited:

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Just poured myself a stiff memosa. Have a massage therapist setting up in my room right now...you still got that sugar lol

yore wife or an actual therapist? Either way your pimp hand is strong on thanksgiving!

I actually still do have the sugar. Never cared to try it. Never wanted to end up snorting my bank account up my nose.

JD D05

Reaction score
yore wife or an actual therapist? Either way your pimp hand is strong on thanksgiving!

I actually still do have the sugar. Never cared to try it. Never wanted to end up snorting my bank account up my nose.

LOL no my wife is actually with the therapist now....you always wonder what's going to happen....I'm up next

Wouldn't be hilarious if you had the sugar and walked up to her and said hey I just found this.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Uh oh. Lead car in the train wreck is awake and not looking for his glasses. I should have known, he has a second pair or Cartier eye glasses.

JD D05

Reaction score
That would be hilarious. But I bet she wouldn't even recall it was hers...

We use to go to Dallas to my wife's family for Thanksgiving. It was always shit out of movies with the huge 8m house and everyone walking from wing to wing talking shit on the people they were just hugging. Mormons also so I would smuggle whisky and just take it all in. Pure entertainment

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I spend every holiday at my own house now because of situations like this. People are welcome to come over, but as soon as things start getting stupid, which they usually do, I just go to the garage and lock the door until everyone leaves or goes to sleep.

bbrownster

Reaction score
My Father in Law retired in Havasu with his 2nd wife a troll with unmeasurable hate and ugly beyond compare. She develops Dementia and as the care taker, ultimately kills my FIL through neglect. Havasu police, after many calls, puts the house down as "hostile occupant". When the FIL dies, off spring come out of the woodwork and want to keep the platinum body parts from his body for new stick shifts on the Bronco. After they emptied the house of guns and money (they have long term substance abuse issues), no reason to invite these Troll offspring to any family gathering.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A stiff mimosa? Isn't that just a glass of champagne? LOL

Since I'm sick we had to cancel our Turkey day plans with my son and his girlfriend's family. Sucks to ditch them last minute. But it's not like anyone wants to be at the Covid house LOL. My son tested negative so he is hiding out in the guest room.

Anytime I'm sick my wife suddenly has the energy to do spring cleaning. Oh, don't mind me...I'm trying to relax on the couch and suddenly all the cabinets need to be emptied out. I swear she does it on purpose to show me up. Need to nap? I'll just be a minute with the vacuuming that has to be done right now.

Both our parents are gone. Her sister lives in Washington so we don't have to see them. My sister is up in Riverside visiting her kids, but we don't see each other often. I'm happy to hunker down when I don't feel well.

C08H18

Reaction score
Almost began to feel bummed and sorry for myself on this holiday until i read this thread and realize that i don't have a corner on the market for fuk'd up inlaws and relatives. Thanks for the reminder. That said, the wife, the dog , our kids (only 1 can be with us) and I are happy and healthy and can enjoy what we do have. Cheers everyone!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

I’d wrap it up one year and not tell anyone that you did it. Make a little note about how happy it is to have them in the family. LOL

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Anytime I'm sick my wife suddenly has the energy to do spring cleaning. Oh, don't mind me...I'm trying to relax on the couch and suddenly all the cabinets need to be emptied out. I swear she does it on purpose to show me up. Need to nap? I'll just be a minute with the vacuuming that has to be done right now.

Didn’t know that our wives are related. :looking:

4Waters

Reaction score
A stiff mimosa? Isn't that just a glass of champagne? LOL

Since I'm sick we had to cancel our Turkey day plans with my son and his girlfriend's family. Sucks to ditch them last minute. But it's not like anyone wants to be at the Covid house LOL. My son tested negative so he is hiding out in the guest room.

Both our parents are gone. Her sister lives in Washington so we don't have to see them. My sister is up in Riverside visiting her kids, but we don't see each other often. I'm happy to hunker down when I don't feel well.
Any of that is fine as long as she doesn't make spaghetti squash 😉🤣

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Lol awesome story.

We’ll see what happens today at my MIL’s house but I’m going to guess it’s going to be a lot of “You aren’t thinking moving away to Texas, you’ll hate it there, we’ll help u buy a house here, I’ll die if you leave, etc. etc.” Should be fun....

Once that’s done, it should be a great time.

81Sprint

Reaction score
We left Vegas last friday on our way to Texas to see my family for the week, stopped in Tombstone for 2 days. Never been there, and always wanted to go. About to head out to the town saturday morning from our VRBO and my dad calls, says Thanksgiving is cancelled due to the 'Rona going rampant in Texas. Well Shit, i am 8 hours away from home and now have to turn around. Good thing, all of my inlaws had already made other plans since we were gonna be gone (we always host) and now i have a quiet house with just my girls while smoking a couple turkey breasts and havin boat sodas. Best thanksgiving ever!! 🤣