WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bees - The not so friendly type

C-2

Reaction score
Over the years I have bitched about a couple of bee hives at my horse property...and yesterday was eradication day!

Two hives, the first hive is about 4-5 years old and was located inside a window jamb, the second hive was about 20-years old and housed in an old steel 55-gallon drum.

Totally cool bee keeper; been keeping bees for 25-years and he is also a cowboy. Said it wouldn't be a problem. $400 to remove them both.

In large part it wasn't, but I was standing with my horse about 150' away, unsure about the events about to unfold, and got attacked, lol. One got me on my nose and when I heard him yell "jeezuz f*in christ", I knew it was time to run! So I ran like a little bitch to my truck about 75 yards away and fought with the little fuckers that followed me in.

About an hour later, I went outside my truck and he came over and said these are the most aggressive bees he's ever seen. And then bam, even as we stood there 75-yards away, an hour later and with half the bees already vacuumed away, they hit us again. Several got him before he was able to zip his monkey suit up, and and I jumped back into the truck and the fight was on, again.

After 4 hours he finally had the hive cut away and all his new bees in their boxes, and he scooped up the 55-gallon drum and drove off with it.

Today he cut the 55-gallon drum open and it was a rinse and repeat of yesterday. Except today, they went after his horses and dogs. It got so bad he had to spray everybody down with soapy water to kill the bees. Eventually he got them settled down. ?Mean, mean f*in bees" is what he mumbled. He thinks about 80% Africanized.

And then my asshole neighbor texts me, giving me shiat about having them removed. Hey, FUCK OFF lol.

I still have to get rid of all the "foragers" and guard bees left behind in the window jamb.

F* those bees.

IMG-4322.JPG

IMG-2992.jpeg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Lucky you got hit on the nose and not an eyelid. All said that still has to be something special. Surprised the horse didn't just GTFO with or with out you.

Reactions: C-2

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Big Nope from me.

I worked on a house located in the middle of a giant orange orchard. In the springtime. The smell of the orange blossoms was amazing. The constant thrumming of the millions of bees all around just gave me the damn willies!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We had some bees nest in our attic not too long ago. Hired a bee guy to come out and handle them. I was under the assumption he was goikg to save them, but said they were Africanized and killed them off. I guess those types are not desirable and decimate the honeybeee population. He stated the Africanized are smaller bees 🐝

C-2

Reaction score
Lucky you got hit on the nose and not an eyelid. All said that still has to be something special. Surprised the horse didn't just GTFO with or with out you.

I had a halter/lead rope on him, it was kind of chaotic as I was fighting the bees and leading him off into the barn, but luckily they did not sting him, or my goats. Bee stings don't bother me, but the tip of the nose freaking throbbed pretty good.

Fewer leftover bees there this morning.

Are any of your hives Africanized?

C-2

Reaction score
Big Nope from me.

I worked on a house located in the middle of a giant orange orchard. In the springtime. The smell of the orange blossoms was amazing. The constant thrumming of the millions of bees all around just gave me the damn willies!!

Yup, they loved this sticker bush/tree, it hummed pretty loudly when in bloom:

C-2

Reaction score
We had some bees nest in our attic not too long ago. Hired a bee guy to come out and handle them. I was under the assumption he was goikg to save them, but said they were Africanized and killed them off. I guess those types are not desirable and decimate the honeybeee population. He stated the Africanized are smaller bees 🐝

I'm not afraid of regular bees or wasps. But these bastards are different. I noticed there's two types - the bees that fly around your head and terrorize you, and then there are the bees that don't even land on you, they somehow just sting you, all you feel is a thump followed by the sting. And when I say "fly around", it's like turbo, they are fast and not slow like a regular Honeybee.

The bee keeper said the Africanized bees put out a lot of honey, so there is a benefit with them. He said the current Queen will be removed and replaced with another, and it should calm them down.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Found a hive this morning in an old shed. Made a smoker a d opened the door. If I feel brave, I'll grab the honey in the early morning.
Rattle snakes don't worry me but bees do! 😖

20200504_113710.jpg
20200504_113414.jpg
20200504_113710.jpg
20200504_113414.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Got inpatient so I knocked em off with the tractor. Maybe they'll get the message and leave.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
One of my techs took care of a hive built into an exterior wall of a house. He set up his shop vacuum with no filter. He put the vacuum outside, but ran the cord and the hose in though the window. Cut a hole in the drywall, and stuck in the hose. He sucked up the angry bees with the vacuum, and they would woosh out the other end, dizzy and angry as hell. Freaking hilarious. He's a brave bastard.

C-2

Reaction score
Got inpatient so I knocked em off with the tractor. Maybe they'll get the message and leave.

That's crazy, I saw a YT guy who says all AZ bees are Africanized.

C-2

Reaction score
One of my techs took care of a hive built into an exterior wall of a house. He set up his shop vacuum with no filter. He put the vacuum outside, but ran the cord and the hose in though the window. Cut a hole in the drywall, and stuck in the hose. He sucked up the angry bees with the vacuum, and they would woosh out the other end, dizzy and angry as hell. Freaking hilarious. He's a brave bastard.

Yeah, there was a Mexican guy working next door and he didn't seem to give a shit. Then again, the bees weren't interested in him - they only worry about defending their hive.

They're still pissed, I went over by the window hive and there was only half as many swarming as there was last night.

Then I went over to where the 55-gallon drum hive was and 2 of them bumped me on my head.

I don't care who says they are not afraid of them - they will end up dead if attacked by a whole hive and can't escape. The bee keeper said they smother large animals and humans by blocking their airway - anywhere emitting carbon dioxide. That would suck.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I had a halter/lead rope on him, it was kind of chaotic as I was fighting the bees and leading him off into the barn, but luckily they did not sting him, or my goats. Bee stings don't bother me, but the tip of the nose freaking throbbed pretty good.

Fewer leftover bees there this morning.

Are any of your hives Africanized?
None I know of are, I live in IL. at this point the climate does not support them. At the same time they said that about brown recluse spiders.

Wheeler

Reaction score

I shot a video but can't upload it from the ranch. I hit em with the forks and they fell to the ground in a clump. The smoke did its job.

I have another hive in an open scupper that I will be installing as soon as I finish the roof. I tried wasp spray and that only pissed em off!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I wore this album out in high school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.. I have a few songs on my boat playlist, when they come one most people look at me like "WTF is this"..lol

Wheeler

Reaction score
Damn Bees won't leave! 😣

I think we need a bigger gun. 😁

Wheeler

Reaction score

Eventually we'll get tired of fucjing with each other.

C-2

Reaction score
Damn Bees won't leave! 😣

I think we need a bigger gun. 😁

Awesome, at first I thought you were listening to Jimmie Rodgers, but I had to Shazam it and see it's Joe Johnson - listening now!

Give em' hell Wheeler. Just run up there with a bucket of soapy water and chuck it on them. Don't miss though 😳

Wheeler

Reaction score
What effect does soap have on them? I don't want to kill em. I would just like them to go away!

C-2

Reaction score
So how did you make out Wheeler?

3-weeks later and I'm still fighting them. I suited up last night and drenched them in soapy water...fuccers are back this morning. I think I'll hit them with some Sevin Dust...let then chew on that, lol.

The bee keeper who removed the hives said he had to destroy them, they kept attacking his family, horses and dogs at 600' out.

ElGuapo

Reaction score
Anyone else itchy after reading this? I am.