WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Before and After

Dr Rob

Reaction score
24FT Ultra? HA...you over estimate me. I have a 18'10" Lavey, with 2 axles on the trailer, and I hate it. I had a single axle trailer under my Bahner and it was awesome...could wheel it around by hand without fighting it. Only had to buy 2 tires when the time came, only had to maintain 2 hubs, didn't leave black marks on every piece of concrete over which I performed a turn. I'm likely building a new single axle for the Lavey in the near future.
As long as I have been on this forum , I have not seen you say much as far as positive input to anybody or anything they've done. You are lucky I am not a moderator on this website or you would be on your way. Good riddance!

oldschool

Reaction score
I have to ask...do people just enjoy stressing wheel bearings and spindles and scrubbing off tires every time they deviate from a straight line and think thats a good idea or are they just fucking stupid? It even looks stupid.

Put the fucking boat in the water and run the boat. A trailer is just something to hold the boat off the ground while you're not using it.
Apparently, you dislike tact as much as triple axle trailers.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
Shane, please do not let this assholes negative comments keep you from posting your much appreciated boating content on this boating website. I commend you for working with your father-in-law, I wish mine was still here to work with. You guys did an amazing job and I look forward to your future posts. As for this guy ,I don't give a s*** what kind of boat he owns you need to think before you speak!

Dr Rob

Reaction score
Shane, please do not let this assholes negative comments keep you from posting your much appreciated boating content on this boating website. I commend you for working with your father-in-law, I wish mine was still here to work with. You guys did an amazing job and I look forward to your future posts. As for this guy ,I don't give a s*** what kind of boat he owns you need to think before you speak!
I was not referring to you old school boats.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Nice job!

I do think the fenders are either too long or mounted too low. Gap at the ends isn't the same as the tops.

I don't remember, did you buy these fenders new or used?

oldschool

Reaction score
Are you referring to me?

braindead

Reaction score
The other nice thing about triples is if u loose a tire or wheel bearing u still have 2 more on that side to run on.

My 20' spectra weighs in at 5400 lbs without fuel and the wheel bearing was hotter than the others, so I pulled the tire and chained it up, it sucked driving home 2 hrs with only one wheel on that side

Great job with the conversion, I plan on doing the same but I'm gonna move my axles closer to the ass end to keep from dragging

Riverhound

Reaction score
1582088880391.png

I think it looks great and besides, all Coles belong on triples... Its in the bylaws... This is my old sled.

:cool:

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I love over kill and I think the triple pulls great! I have a new neighbor 20 something year old who is into cars and trucks, I had my Spectra out the other day and he said "That boat must be really heavy to need three axels" I just laughed and said yep.
side view.jpg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
As long as I have been on this forum , I have not seen you say much as far as positive input to anybody or anything they've done. You are lucky I am not a moderator on this website or you would be on your way. Good riddance!

Would you like me to come give you a hug? I have plenty of positive input on this forum, as well as plenty of bullshit. That's kinda how I roll. If the HNIC gets tired of it, he's free to send me off to the band camp. You are also free to talk all the shit you want...this is RDP after all. Don't be a bully like that guy with the oranges.

And triple axles trailers under sub 3000lb boats are still stupid.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
You belong in Florida where people buy the biggest POS trailers that are hardly roadworthy and don’t fit the boat.

I too have never had a wheel bearing or tire failure on my triple. And I use passenger car tires:eek: I towed 3500+ miles last year alone.
View attachment 846090
FWIW I like triples even though I don't have them, but I also really like this style of fender.😎

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Shoot, I posted to this thread and never read all the comments, just looked at the pretty triple axel trailers. Killing a little time before a flight home and read some comments... holy smokes, the comment telling everyone how stupid they are for choosing to run three axels unless they need it kind of sounds like the democratic politicians telling me how much money I need even though I contribute probably 10x what they do to charities. Such a passionate plea to be heard and recognized as an expert I guess. I fell the same way every time I see a beautiful boat and then realize it’s a jet. 😀

guest hs

Reaction score
Hatters hate when they only have an 18 foot boat and its not going to look right on a triple!

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Back when I was pretending, I had a 25 Daytona ICC, on a custom built 3 axle. It didn’t do anything well at slow speeds, but it ran down the road better than anything else ( 9 other boats, and probably 8-10 friends boats ) I’ve ever towed, not to mention looking badass and totally west coast ( in Ohio ). I’d have a 3 axle now if I could - they just add to the coolness of ANYTHING

braindead

Reaction score
I love over kill and I think the triple pulls great! I have a new neighbor 20 something year old who is into cars and trucks, I had my Spectra out the other day and he said "That boat must be really heavy to need three axels" I just laughed and said yep. View attachment 846220

Do you drag on approachways? It looks like your rear axle is in the stock location compared to mine

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Speaking of bad ass triples... anyone have finished pix of this bad boy?

Schiada custom trailer 004.jpg
Schiada custom trailer 005.jpg
Schiada custom trailer 006.jpg
Schiada custom trailer 007.jpg
Schiada custom trailer 001.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love over kill and I think the triple pulls great! I have a new neighbor 20 something year old who is into cars and trucks, I had my Spectra out the other day and he said "That boat must be really heavy to need three axels" I just laughed and said yep. View attachment 846220

Still one of my favorite boats and favorite threads on rdp!!

RD

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Would you like me to come give you a hug? I have plenty of positive input on this forum, as well as plenty of bullshit. That's kinda how I roll. If the HNIC gets tired of it, he's free to send me off to the band camp. You are also free to talk all the shit you want...this is RDP after all. Don't be a bully like that guy with the oranges.

And triple axles trailers under sub 3000lb boats are still stupid.

Maybe you should give a hug and then come :eek:

3px3f4.jpg

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I read these comments and have to chuckle. Everybody gets sooo bent. Some guys like it, some dont. Thats the beauty of it all. If all trailers were the same it would suck, diversity makes it all fun. A couple of days ago I started a shit storm on river whips when i posted a picture of my lowered 4wd Z71, I litterally received messages from guys telling me what a dumbass I was. On the other hand I guys giving me praise. Lol, cant please them all I guess, so crack a beer and remember, if it doesnt get you laid or make you money, dont stress about it.
20200214_173859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I read these comments and have to chuckle. Everybody gets sooo bent. Some guys like it, some dont. Thats the beauty of it all. If all trailers were the same it would suck, diversity makes it all fun. A couple of days ago I started a shit storm on river whips when i posted a picture of my lowered 4wd Z71, I litterally received messages from guys telling me what a dumbass I was. On the other hand I guys giving me praise. Lol, cant please them all I guess, so crack a beer and remember, if it doesnt get you laid or make you money, dont stress about it.

haha that was you?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yep!

It got to the point i even had an old student of mine who i hadnt talked too in years text me talking about that shit show.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Do you drag on approachways? It looks like your rear axle is in the stock location compared to mine
We moved the rear axel back a bit, I think 8 inches, it drags a little but the boat is very low on the trailer, it's actually between the fenders we took 4.5 inches off the bunk pad uprights so the prop guard is super low. This is the only picture I can find of the old set up gas fills are in basically same location and looking at before and after everything seems to have gone back a bit. The boat is also back farther on the trailer as we added close to a foot to the rear of the trailer.
1974 Spectra 21 V-Drive E[1].jpg

Last edited:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I read these comments and have to chuckle. Everybody gets sooo bent. Some guys like it, some dont. Thats the beauty of it all. If all trailers were the same it would suck, diversity makes it all fun. A couple of days ago I started a shit storm on river whips when i posted a picture of my lowered 4wd Z71, I litterally received messages from guys telling me what a dumbass I was. On the other hand I guys giving me praise. Lol, cant please them all I guess, so crack a beer and remember, if it doesnt get you laid or make you money, dont stress about it. View attachment 847105

I have always wanted to do this with a 95ish Chevy crew cab dually 4x4, slippery ramps and snow, not a frame dragger, but definitely lowered.

Dan'l

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hatters hate when they only have an 18 foot boat and its not going to look right on a triple!

I have 2 boats. 21 ft tige on duals and a 230 eagle on duals.

Was it just because you wanted to? Or was there a purpose in doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score

Good thing you aren’t a moderator seems to be way beyond your skill set...

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I have 2 boats. 21 ft tige on duals and a 230 eagle on duals.

Was it just because you wanted to? Or was there a purpose in doing it?

Tandems? Or duals?

Asking for a friend...

Dan'l