WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Benchmade, LOL

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Benchmade is really good equipent...but they really screwed the pooch on this one.

Your typical gun-hating leftist isn't going to spend $300 on a Benchmade knife, like a gun-toting patriot will. I have a couple of Benchmade OTF knives and they are the best quality of any knife I have ever bought. One wonders who thought participating in this cutting up guns for a city agency in a HeyLAM, was a good idea.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I have a couple Benchmade’s and I’d say they are up there with the best of them.....This is a big ooooooops on their part.

oh well, no shortage of knife manufacturers!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Oh the humanity, the evil gun jumped up and committed a crime on its own. Good grief.

Incinerate it, that will show that evil gun.

Galactically Stooooopid.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So what's the big deal? Police destroy guns all the time for various reasons.

The stupid part was posting it on social media.

Volunteering your time and faculty to do it.

You don't go pissing off your market share. They needed a grinder, but off wheel and some safety gear. I am pretty sure they have spent 25x what all that costs in dealing with the social media shit storm they cuased.

I honestly, think the leo or bench made didn't even think about what would happen if it gets out. In or lea can sell off fire arms to generate $ unless they are illegal too own.

BONER

Reaction score
Not sure what they were thinking. They have to know 90% of their sales are to gun owners.....

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
From how I read it, I can understand LE doing this. Guns used in the commission of crimes likely could cause fall back if they ever get into the wrong hands and more bad events result.

Then there is the matter of what type, make, and condition they were in. 9 long guns can mean anything. To me the responsibility of a logical and legitimate answer is on the cops. Benchmark was doing a favor and likely did not se the bad publicity potential coming. The Cops need to make it right and to me the media needs to back off and quit trying to sensationalize and make something big out of something that most likely is not big.

No confiscation of weapons from general public or buy backs, so tell the real facts and put out the fires of rage. JMHO

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Volunteering your time and faculty to do it.

You don't go pissing off your market share. They needed a grinder, but off wheel and some safety gear. I am pretty sure they have spent 25x what all that costs in dealing with the social media shit storm they cuased.

I honestly, think the leo or bench made didn't even think about what would happen if it gets out. In or lea can sell off fire arms to generate $ unless they are illegal too own.

Again, so what? Cops need to destroy a dozen firearms for whatever reason, company wants to help out the cops. Or are you implying gun owners don't support law enforcement?

Guns are inanimate objects that have no feelings. I wouldn't want one that has sat in an evidence locker for a couple decades or have been used in a crime.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Again, so what? Cops need to destroy a dozen firearms for whatever reason, company wants to help out the cops. Or are you implying gun owners don't support law enforcement?

Guns are inanimate objects that have no feelings. I wouldn't want one that has sat in an evidence locker for a couple decades or have been used in a crime.
I would. Hell, some one stole all of my grandfather's firearms. I filed a police report with very detailed descriptions, pics and what parts I removed too make them none functional.( his brain was gone at the end of his life, so he was not safe with them, but it didn't feel right too take them) about 6 months after I filed the report, I got a phone call from the batfe. Asking about them and if I still had the removed parts. I did, an agent came too my door, collected them. A few weeks after that I called the agent, asking if they did recover the guns. "I can not answer that" so I said " well if you called me that means they were altered to violated federal fire arms regulations. So we're the serial numbers removed or the shot gun barrels cut down? " his response was. " I can not speak on an on going investigation, but you are correct, that is the only reason I would have contacted you."

I would give all the money I have too own his Remington 1100. I used it too kill my 1st duck, pheasant, squirrel and rabbit. I remember it all but knocking me on my ass, and me barely being able too hold it steady. If the barrel and or serial number were messed with, I never legally can as it was converted illegally. The hand gun, 22 and win model 97 would be nice too own too, but what I would not give too have the 1100. The memories alone are priceless.

I m not an emotional person, but thinking bout his guns being stolen by family members to be sold on the street... it makes me tear up. They are worth very little too every one other then me.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I have been done with Benchmade for a while now. I had a perfect condition, unused Balisong 259 that was in the safe. Dropped it and broke both handles when rearranging the safe. Sent it to Benchmade to see what they could do. Was told the knife was to old to repair even though they come with a lifetime warranty. They offered me a 10% off coupon on a new purchase. Having at least a dozen automatic or collectibles wont ever buy another with that kind of customer service.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I have 3 and they are very nice knives. I only paid for 1 and got it steeply discounted in Kandahar. I broke that blade a few years ago and they replaced it no questions asked. I really like the quality but would never, ever pay those premium prices for a blade, no matter how much I wanted to. This will hurt them, just don't know how much. My Spyderco is just as nice and was also bought at a discount.

prorider

Reaction score
Most gun owners don't support law enforcement, because most cops suck ass.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I would. Hell, some one stole all of my grandfather's firearms. I filed a police report with very detailed descriptions, pics and what parts I removed too make them none functional.( his brain was gone at the end of his life, so he was not safe with them, but it didn't feel right too take them) about 6 months after I filed the report, I got a phone call from the batfe. Asking about them and if I still had the removed parts. I did, an agent came too my door, collected them. A few weeks after that I called the agent, asking if they did recover the guns. "I can not answer that" so I said " well if you called me that means they were altered to violated federal fire arms regulations. So we're the serial numbers removed or the shot gun barrels cut down? " his response was. " I can not speak on an on going investigation, but you are correct, that is the only reason I would have contacted you."

I would give all the money I have too own his Remington 1100. I used it too kill my 1st duck, pheasant, squirrel and rabbit. I remember it all but knocking me on my ass, and me barely being able too hold it steady. If the barrel and or serial number were messed with, I never legally can as it was converted illegally. The hand gun, 22 and win model 97 would be nice too own too, but what I would not give too have the 1100. The memories alone are priceless.

I m not an emotional person, but thinking bout his guns being stolen by family members to be sold on the street... it makes me tear up. They are worth very little too every one other then me.

This here's grandpappy's model 1100... some dirtbag used it to kill 4 people in a convenience store robbery... glad I got it back though.

:rolleyes:

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Benchmade is a top notch product and HUGE supporter of US military and first responder personnel. Don’t fault them for helping a locals Police dept destroy guns that a bunch of illegal gun holding hood rats shouldn’t have had. Benchmade isn’t anti-gun so many of you looking at this the wrong way.
BTW: I just bought this Benchmade North Fork today and like all their blades they come with a free lifetime sharpening.
801B6547-DA9A-473A-A495-001AB5B2E394.jpeg

USMC2010

Reaction score
watch the 1st 20 mins. It's very eye opening
Interesting interview. My take, for someone that has worked there for a decade and is there marketing director or whatever, they still have issues given some of his responses.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Says all the same people who also still buy Yeti coolers. Benchmade not only got called out, but it also admits pandering to their liberal “masters” in a blue state. Buy another brand of knife and cooler. Done and done, because I’m done giving a single red cent to ANYONE who stands with the left at this point, regardless of their lame excuses for doing so.

Justfishing

Reaction score
If you listen around the 16 to 20 minute mark you find out about the bad law that benchmark is trying to get passed. The benchmark rep was pretty clueless. They need to decide if they are blue state progressives serving thier own interests selling to red state buyers or if they are red state people stuck in a blue state .

If they are red state people they need to support red state ideas

Loo Dog

Reaction score
If you listen around the 16 to 20 minute mark you find out about the bad law that benchmark is trying to get passed. The benchmark rep was pretty clueless. They need to decide if they are blue state progressives serving thier own interests selling to red state buyers or if they are red state people stuck in a blue state .

If they are red state people they need to support red state ideas

Exactly. The guy was attempting to tap dance (very badly) around that fact. Plus, if they were just innocently assisting the Oregon City PD, which they used as their excuse, why would they (or should they) feel the need to stop doing so? Because they got caught being the lefty leaning hacks that they are, and are now pandering to their pissed off consumer base out of sheer necessity. It’s spineless either way.