WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bennett tabs on Eliminator 22 Daytona Blackhawk

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I picked up this boat in the Fall. One of my good friends bought the boat new in 1994 and we had a lot of fun with it til he sold it. Fast forward a couple of decades and I was going through withdrawal after selling my 32 DCB. Anyway the person who owned it prior to me talked to Or claims that Bob Leach recommended these Bennet tabs to help it plane easier. They are not working and only 1 year old. I am going to take these bayliner looking tabs off unless someone can confirm it helps with planing. I think aerators are really needed.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 280

farmo83

Reaction score
I'm surprised by this. I had always read blackhawks planed fairly well with the counter rotating props. I would think the tabs would have to help some. Maybe try K plates as they are a log deeper? Also I put a shorty on my boat this past year and it didn't plane worth a shit either. I put an IMCO splash plate on the back of the drive which is much deeper then the standard mercury and it helped a ton. The plate was 150 bucks plus a day of my time to make it fit.

SkiDoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The boat is difficult to get on plane with more than 2 people with 29 pitch props and near impossible with the 31's except for just the driver. It is not because of too much prop slip. They don't slip at all and the bow rise is hard for the stock 502 mag to overcome. With 4 people it's a group effort! Everyone to the front. The boat has great throttle response and acceleration once on plane.
I think limiting bow rise, increasing horsepower or increasing prop slip(aerators) are solutions. I saw some photos of 22's with fixed plates and something that looks like a custom Blackhawk aereator.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.PNG
    IMG_3591.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 219

SkiDoc

Reaction score
This seems to be a common set up with the fixed plates.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.PNG
    IMG_0117.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 262