In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks pretty good!

4B01F4D4-F3AF-4771-A17B-CA82C2F62F90.jpeg
D522EDB5-560B-4882-A31B-7E640A9DF239.jpeg

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Who will be the first to bolt two or more on?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers it puts down. I like it.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
May not be the fastest but would probably have a nice cruising speed and be a bit more fuel efficient than twins.

Backlash

Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile. It's a pontoon boat for crying out loud. 🙄

That's the equivalent of putting a Brummett TT motor in a $250 1976 Tahiti jet boat.

LAME.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile. It's a pontoon boat for crying out loud. 🙄

That's the equivalent of putting a Brummett TT motor in a $250 1976 Tahiti jet boat.

LAME.

How do you figure? Pontoons are big heavy and inefficient, the motor is built for big cruisers? It’s a mercury (not racing) product?

Tank

Reaction score
I for one was not being negative at all. Just commenting that the 600 was rolled out as an offshore fishing big cruiser intended package, not performance oriented. Though, I’m sure it scoots it along just fine. Lol. That’s a big ol poontoon too.

I’m actually curious as to the stats a single 600 vs twin 300’s in the same boat as a comparison test. Fuel, speed, 0-60 times, handling, docking….I miss powerboat magazine I guess. 😞

hallett21

Reaction score

LAME.
The 600 isn’t meant to be a performance motor....

It’s purpose was to reduce the amount of motors hanging off the back. I think the fastest it can go is like 70-74mph.

Backlash

Reaction score
How do you figure? Pontoons are big heavy and inefficient, the motor is built for big cruisers? It’s a mercury (not racing) product?
You take a couple of long aluminum tubes, cap both ends, then hold them in place with a few sheets of plywood decking. On top of that, you add some aluminum railing, and some seating for people to sit. Put a console on top, and maybe a forward leaning bimini to make it look fast and aggressive. So far we're in this thing about $20K in materials, and have something that resembles a giant aluminum shoebox. To top it off, someone gets the bright idea to put Mercury Marine's flagship outboard on the back. It seems like a complete waste to me.

Some folks rave about pontoon boats and brag about their pure awesomeness. I am not one of those folks. They are hella overpriced for what you get. I think they are for AARP members who simply want to relax on the water while fishing for crappie. That's how I figure. 😁

bonesfab

Reaction score
You take a couple of long aluminum tubes, cap both ends, then hold them in place with a few sheets of plywood decking. On top of that, you add some aluminum railing, and some seating for people to sit. Put a console on top, and maybe a forward leaning bimini to make it look fast and aggressive. So far we're in this thing about $20K in materials, and have something that resembles a giant aluminum shoebox. To top it off, someone gets the bright idea to put Mercury Marine's flagship outboard on the back. It seems like a complete waste to me.

Some folks rave about pontoon boats and brag about their pure awesomeness. I am not one of those folks. They are hella overpriced for what you get. I think they are for AARP members who simply want to relax on the water while fishing for crappie. That's how I figure. 😁

You calling Dave old???

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
im curious as to what the x dimension looks like. appears to be sitting pretty deep in the water

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
I imagine they are very smooth & quiet with plenty of torque to push a loaded pontoon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I for one was not being negative at all. Just commenting that the 600 was rolled out as an offshore fishing big cruiser intended package, not performance oriented. Though, I’m sure it scoots it along just fine. Lol. That’s a big ol poontoon too.

I’m actually curious as to the stats a single 600 vs twin 300’s in the same boat as a comparison test. Fuel, speed, 0-60 times, handling, docking….I miss powerboat magazine I guess. 😞

I am curious as well! I am wondering if they get can a big enough diameter prop on it so that the slip numbers are respectable.

WildWilly

Reaction score
300's are just under 30gph so 45 for that doesn't seem too bad lol

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Yeah, your build method is gonna split into two unless you stick to a 60hp😂

Backlash

Reaction score
Yeah, your build method is gonna split into two unless you stick to a 60hp😂
Not my cup of tea my friend!

I'll stick with fiberglass hulls that are low, sleek, fast and sexy! 😎

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea my friend!

I'll stick with fiberglass hulls that are low, sleek, fast and sexy! 😎
That's why there's Green, Chai, Black, Sweet, Iced, Herbal & an assortment of designer tea options. Everyone has a favorite flavor.🙂 otherwise it'd be boring too.😁

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Pretty obvious a lot of people Got the Monday morning blues going on.. lol.

Cheer up guys it’s only five more days

you know what they say,

The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
....................................................................................................

Don't forget friends. Pontoons are for people that have friends and lke to hang out with them. Maybe you don't have that problem?

I am, or should probably say that I was not a fan of pontoons either. After driving my cousins tri-toon it was a game changer. Totally different then a pontoon which rides like a full size U-Haul truck. Night and day difference.

This one with the 600 looks cool. The way it sits with the ass end slung low in the water, very cool. I would own one, if I could afford it.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Merc 600 = 1,260lbs dry weight
Twin 300 (not racing) editions = 600lbs each.
not much difference between the 600 and twin 300’s.

I think part of the issue if the layout of that toon. That is a Midwest layout (everyone in front of driver so they can be in on the conversation), not a west coast edition where you want lounges in the back, etc.

Backlash

Reaction score
Don't forget friends. Pontoons are for people that have friends and lke to hang out with them. Maybe you don't have that problem?

I am, or should probably say that I was not a fan of pontoons either. After driving my cousins tri-toon it was a game changer. Totally different then a pontoon which rides like a full size U-Haul truck. Night and day difference.

This one with the 600 looks cool. The way it sits with the ass end slung low in the water, very cool. I would own one, if I could afford it.
Ultra Good, I have plenty of friends, family and two dogs, so we're good on that front. 😁

And no, I'm still not a fan of pontoon boats. 😁

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Personally, this seems like a very poor fit for that motor. 56 mph for 600 hp??? 2 300’s would be a much better option.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Ultra Good, I have plenty of friends, family and two dogs, so we're good on that front. 😁

And no, I'm still not a fan of pontoon boats. 😁

So what you are saying is that you have friends, but do not like to hang out with them?

Or do they not like to hang out with you?

I has a confused.

Disclaimer, all of the above and my original reply to you was sarcasm.

I do not own a tri toon, not sure I ever will.

I will never own a jet boat, but I am not going to shit all over a thread about jet boats.

Backlash

Reaction score
UG,

I enjoy being around people in general and have been labelled a social butterfly by most who know me.

To better illustrate my point, I'm currently the owner of a 19' Eliminator Daytona and a 19' Howard. Neither is a roomy boat, and that is intentional. None of my boats have been yellow and none have checkers on them. I haven't owned anything over 23' feet and none have had the word "Taxi" on the sides. I didn't buy any of my boats with the thought "How many friends and/or family can I pile on this one?"

I am under the ripe old age of 50 and still enjoy going fast. I'm nowhere close to slowing down.

I think pontoon boats are lame and I won't own one. Ever. Period. And in my opinion, hanging a 600hp Mercury outboard on the transom of some unattractive, inefficient, oversized aluminum flotilla is just stupid. Of course, this is just my opinion, and you Sir, can certainly have your own.

I'm sorry you has a confused.

😁

riverroyal

Reaction score
That's a nice complimentally positive post🤣🤣

That's a nice complimentally positive post🤣🤣
I still like dont like it. Swing and a miss would have sounded better. To be honest, Benington's need a new look. Trifecta, Avalon's and others seem to be looking better, on Havasu anyways. I know they a very popular elsewhere