WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best boat upholstery cleaner?

awesome1

Reaction score
Ok guys what is the best boat upholstery cleaner you've found? I have been using simple green but it does not seem to get all the grime out of the tiny lines in the white upholstery. Thanks in advance.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Scrubbibg Bubbles Bathroom cleaner! Work's Great,just make sure ya put a vinyl protectant on afterwards....:D

sergeantmike

Reaction score
My gal pal Becca from Main Stitch in Havasu that redid the interior in the boat said Vinyl Sauce or mild soap and water on Marine Grade vinyl. She stressed keeping dust/dirt/mud/ suntan lotion, etc. off the vinyl.

Liberal use of towels and cushions is encouraged while underway.

My dog and his hair is another matter.....

NoDoz

Reaction score
I use the stuff from boat bling. the vinyl sauce and then the protectant works awesome.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with a wire brush and some diesel fuel :thumbsup

FREAK JUICE

Reaction score
Use a Magic eraser for the problem spots. Then boat bling it with the sauces :party2:

Blown Hallett

Reaction score
I have used soft scrub and it seems to work well, I got it at Walmart, it is in a semi liquid form and gets things really clean. I use it on my travel trailer to get the black steaks out over the winter, works for me. Easy to use.

Mike:cool::cool::cool:

NicPaus

Reaction score
My secret is orange hand cleaner. Not the knock off but true orange hand cleaner. Rub it on with moist towel wipe it off with moist paper towel. It will get the dirt out the grooves like no other. You will use a roll of paper towels or 2 but well worth it. I use to use krazy clean upholstery cleaner but chemicals eat away after time and the orange works better.

fed4life

Reaction score
Vinyl Sauce then Conditioning Sauce from Boat Bling. I have been using for a few years and it works the best out of all the stuff i have tried.

Brian B

Reaction score
Subscribed!

Getting ready to do a deep interior cleaning on the new boats interior. Will finish it off with 303!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I posed this same question a while back, someone recommended Pacific Product's All Purpose Cleaner.

I don't know if it works better than other products or not, it's all I've tried. But it did a great job. The interior of my old Tahiti looks so good, I gotta get working on the exterior of the boat now.

As recommended, I cut it 50/50 with distilled water. It really got the crud out from the crevices of the vinyl, and it doesn't have any abrasives in it, so you can use it all the time.

http://www.pacificprodux.com/ProfessionalAPCPlusAllPurposeCleaner-idv-68-11.html
lg.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing I have used works as good as magic eraser and simple green. Then follow up with vinyl treatment.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shueman

Reaction score
Nothing I have used works as good as magic eraser and simple green. Then follow up with vinyl treatment.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Same here...tried them all and Simple is the best...:thumbsup

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Magic eraser and a white Terry cloth towel works awesome and follow up with a vinyl protect-ant!!!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with how well scrubbing bubbles worked on my nasty interior.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
X2. For Boat Blings Vinyl and Condition Sauces..

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
X2. "Orange" Hand Cleaner - type without the pumice. As recommended by the Garcia Brothers (aka Stratten Interiors) Rubidoux/Riverside, particularly good for new white vinyl. Not sure if they're still around - did very good work.

The Ultimatum

Reaction score
Fantastik Heavy Duty has worked the best for me so far. We bought our boat from Tilly's Marine and its what Malibu recommends for their upholstery. I've used it on both leather and carpet without any damage/fading. Plus it's convenient because you can just buy it at the grocery store :skull

SIK-06

Reaction score
Okay looks like this was from 2011... anything new out there? I ordered the 303 but looking for a good cleaner..

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score
My secret is orange hand cleaner. Not the knock off but true orange hand cleaner. Rub it on with moist towel wipe it off with moist paper towel. It will get the dirt out the grooves like no other. You will use a roll of paper towels or 2 but well worth it. I use to use krazy clean upholstery cleaner but chemicals eat away after time and the orange works better.
X2 my buddy showed me this, works great. "Fast orange" contains lanolin to moisturize & clean

DaveH

Reaction score
Okay looks like this was from 2011... anything new out there? I ordered the 303 but looking for a good cleaner..

ZEP vinyl cleaner. product #234

its hard to find, search the net, and you may have to buy it by the case.

But this stuff is awesome. I used some on an already "clean" interior, this stuff removed so much dirt I couldn't even see or would have considered the upholstery to be in good condition, the white terry towel was BROWN after cleaning. can't speak highly enough about this stuff.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
ZEP vinyl cleaner. product #234

its hard to find, search the net, and you may have to buy it by the case.

But this stuff is awesome. I used some on an already "clean" interior, this stuff removed so much dirt I couldn't even see or would have considered the upholstery to be in good condition, the white terry towel was BROWN after cleaning. can't speak highly enough about this stuff.

Huge fan of Zep vinyl cleaner, buy it by the case usually get three season with two boats. Spray it on let it set for a moment and it strips out all the crud. Use 303 after, then touch up with water and rag the next couple of times out. The only thing it has trouble with is ink.

havasu5150

Reaction score
I use Vinyl Sauce for everyday cleaning after being on the lake. A couple of times a year a do a deep clean with Simple Green orTotally Awsome. Kieth Sayer taught me this trick, regardless of what you use.....I will spray on the cleaner, then scrub with a soft brush and the have another squirt botle with just water and spray on to rinse it after brushing it....you can see the dirt just kind of roll out out of the grain oif the material then wipe away and use conditioning sauce to top it off. After 8 years my upholstery is a white as can be.

calkid

Reaction score
I've been using Barbasol shaving cream on all of my boats for years. It gets all of the grime out of the grain in the vinyl with just a damp sponge. It sounds odd but it really works great.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
I've been using Barbasol shaving cream on all of my boats for years. It gets all of the grime out of the grain in the vinyl with just a damp sponge. It sounds odd but it really works great.

Not odd at all. Works great on shoes too! That is what we used to use to clean our baseball cleats. Clubhouse manager used to get pissed because he was always buying shaving cream! :D

JD D05

Reaction score

I was reading through to say this.

I only use shaving cream it is the best product I have used.

SIK-06

Reaction score
What about for the boat itself? We used Ducky back in the day...Are most people using boat bling's Hot Sauce?

headshothills

Reaction score
Are we talking cleaning or wiping down??... Vinyl Sauce and Conditioner seem to be the ticket for wipe down and treating....

But for cleaning... Nothing beats Scrubbing Bubbles and a Magic Eraser... A while ago, there was a long post and the Scrubbing Bubbles and Magic eraser was said to be like a hush hush secret, and when one of the upholstery guys told everyone, he said he was gonna catch hell for sharing the secret, but thought he would share.... Either way, for a deep clean, grease, dirt, grim, I haven't found a better solution, then follow up with a UV conditioner treatment/conditioner..

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What about for the boat itself? We used Ducky back in the day...Are most people using boat bling's Hot Sauce?

Ducky works great for removing water spots. But removes all the wax along with it. So if you do use dicky follow up with a wax of some sort. Our boats we use a towel soaked In river water to remove water spots. And then Lucas slick must for wipe down. Good old soap and water wash at the end of the weekend and on final rinse before drying I spray the whole boat down with slick mist and then dry. Works great.

Interior I use sime green with a scrub brush and magic eraser and follow up with. Uv protectant. Either Lucas or the green turtle wax one (formula 303 or something like that)

TCHB

Reaction score
I sue Simple Green and then a vinyl protectant. Over the years this has worked for me.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Having 4 boats,...I have found illegal aliens work the best for me...