WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best deal of the boat show??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
You can call the shop 928 855 7420 or email me [email protected] for a quote, I would be happy to help you. Thank you.- Bob sales manager Nordic Boats/ Hallett boats

Of course I can. Or anyone else can.

What I am asking is why can't you post?

Simple as a Vector base price with 8.2 Mag is X amount.

Seems like it would save everyone some time.

oldschool

Reaction score

If you have to ask, well...........

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
From what I’ve learned and even seen on threads like this... prices change per person. Every person is going to get a different price. I’ve gone through the process of building a new boat. Lots of people haven’t yet they will still tell me what I know. Kind of humorous actually. Kind of like my boat. People can tell me what they “think” it’s worth but really they have no idea. Again I find it kind of funny. It’s one thing to buy a used boat. It’s completley different to build one with the option you want, like, or need... not everyone needs a 400 dollar steering wheel. But it looks pretty

HCP3

Reaction score

At the show I was told a different price on the Vector with an 8.2l then what was posted earlier in the boat show pics thread :confused:.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To the point of the thread though, I’m not seeing how this boat... Which is a
From what I’ve learned and even seen on threads like this... prices change per person. Every person is going to get a different price. I’ve gone through the process of building a new boat. Lots of people haven’t yet they will still tell me what I know. Kind of humorous actually. Kind of like my boat. People can tell me what they “think” it’s worth but really they have no idea. Again I find it kind of funny. It’s one thing to buy a used boat. It’s completley different to build one with the option you want, like, or need... not everyone needs a 400 dollar steering wheel. But it looks pretty

Prices don't change per person.. I guarantee you if you walk into Nordic and price a boat, and someone else walks in there and prices a boat they are going to get the same price.

What a lot of people aren't getting is prices change upon external factors.

"Boat Show Special" trying to move more units at an event.
"Pre Season Special" It's the off season and trying to move units.
"Merc price increase" happens every year.. So a boat might go up 5-10K in one week if it's before or after that price increase.

One guy might spec out a bunch of options (as you stated) another might just be taking it as it sits.

Quality companies have a fairly standardized price sheet. That said if you build something "custom" then there's going to be variables factored into that.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
To the point of the thread though, I’m not seeing how this boat... Which is a

Prices don't change per person.. I guarantee you if you walk into Nordic and price a boat, and someone else walks in there and prices a boat they are going to get the same price.

What a lot of people aren't getting is prices change upon external factors.

"Boat Show Special" trying to move more units at an event.
"Pre Season Special" It's the off season and trying to move units.
"Merc price increase" happens every year.. So a boat might go up 5-10K in one week if it's before or after that price increase.

One guy might spec out a bunch of options (as you stated) another might just be taking it as it sits.

Quality companies have a fairly standardized price sheet. That said if you build something "custom" then there's going to be variables factored into that.

RD

I’m still going to disagree a little. When I got quoted on my build the price came from Jeff. Not hernando. Hernando quickly pointed out the boat Jeff priced me on was a small block. Long story short they honored what Jeff told me. During my build thread it was said prices can change simply on the builder having a bad day. I kind of agree with that. I know of someone buying a boat one week and his brother going in the next month to build one and two very different prices. Of course like you said... some maybe boat show specials. If a boat is pulled from the mold and the buyer decides to scrap the build imo that hull will now be discounted because whoever buys it isn’t picking the gel or scheme. It’s an inventory boat and you get what you get. So yes lots of variables. Someone already said the price they were quoted for a 21’ isn’t the price in this thread. Probably pretty close but things change. I know when Hallett was still Hallett Mark Nieman could go get a Hallett built for a much better price than victor Sandoval could. Of course he’s owned Halletts 20+ years and I’ve never owned one. Lots of variables. I’d like to think cobra would take care of me since I’m part of the family but who knows. Just like river dave will always get a better price anywhere than any of us would. Well not any but a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m still going to disagree a little. When I got quoted on my build the price came from Jeff. Not hernando. Hernando quickly pointed out the boat Jeff priced me on was a small block. Long story short they honored what Jeff told me. During my build thread it was said prices can change simply on the builder having a bad day. I kind of agree with that. I know of someone buying a boat one week and his brother going in the next month to build one and two very different prices. Of course like you said... some maybe boat show specials. If a boat is pulled from the mold and the buyer decides to scrap the build imo that hull will now be discounted because whoever buys it isn’t picking the gel or scheme. It’s an inventory boat and you get what you get. So yes lots of variables. Someone already said the price they were quoted for a 21’ isn’t the price in this thread. Probably pretty close but things change. I know when Hallett was still Hallett Mark Nieman could go get a Hallett built for a much better price than victor Sandoval could. Of course he’s owned Halletts 20+ years and I’ve never owned one. Lots of variables. I’d like to think cobra would take care of me since I’m part of the family but who knows. Just like river dave will always get a better price anywhere than any of us would. Well not any but a lot.

You just said the same thing I did, and then said you disagreed.. LOl.

The point I was making is all boat companies aren't created equal. A stand up shop it's the same price from on person to the next. That said yes certain people are always going to get a better deal for whatever reason if the manufacturer "deems it valuable" to their cause.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
Lmao cars and trucks are a different price from lot to lot for the same vehicle. Why would the boat world be any different lol.

If you are serious about buying one call the shop sit down and price one out. Anything beyond that you are not ready to buy a boat.

If you need to know how many quarters to save. Somewhere between 50k and 1million.

JD D05

Reaction score
You just said the same thing I did, and then said you disagreed.. LOl.

The point I was making is all boat companies aren't created equal. A stand up shop it's the same price from on person to the next. That said yes certain people are always going to get a better deal for whatever reason if the manufacturer "deems it valuable" to their cause.

RD

I have to disagree with you...All boat companies are not created the same.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Jerry gave us better pricing as well be in the Hallett Family for so long. I just pulled out a price quote he gave me in 17. Prices have changed quite a bit since.

guest hs

Reaction score
Anyone one know how much the purple and gray Tahiti jet was at the show?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Jerry gave us better pricing as well be in the Hallett Family for so long. I just pulled out a price quote he gave me in 17. Prices have changed quite a bit since.
Does that make u mad on the higher prices you got before. ?????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Does that make u mad on the higher prices you got before. ?????

Price was lower. My point was in 2 seasons how much they have gone up. Also who knows what was going on there. Was right before Nordic purchased them.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Price was lower. My point was in 2 seasons how much they have gone up. Also who knows what was going on there. Was right before Nordic purchased them.
Make sense. ...[emoji41][emoji106] I think the price increase every year is out of hand

Dirtbag

Reaction score
first of all every custom boat has a custom price. Stock boats would have a stock price. Last i checked we are all in to custom boats and when i customize my boat it will be different than your customization hence we get different prices on the same MODEL boat

RCDave

Reaction score
Anyone paying advertised sticker price is smokin the good stuff. NEGOTIATE! : )

milkmoney

Reaction score
Best boat show deal would of been my shit box parked outside the gate with a for sale sign
[emoji39][emoji106][emoji202]
20180928_084756.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
oh I get it, and I have been told I am allowed to pay top $ for 24's that haven't run in years or couldn't even be towed here LoL
Not sure what you mean. I would of done the same thing you did on those 24's

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. I would of done the same thing you did on those 24's

Yah I'm just saying it doesn't matter the brand, all sellers are unrealistic. Maybe next summer will be different, I don't know. It's looking more and more like I'm gonna take some beach trips this summer

milkmoney

Reaction score
Yah I'm just saying it doesn't matter the brand, all sellers are unrealistic. Maybe next summer will be different, I don't know. It's looking more and more like I'm gonna take some beach trips this summer
I agree used boat prices are pretty high. , I think the new boat prices have caused that.
I literally just looked around to find a beater for the summer if I sell mine and I can't believe what they are going for.....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Remember, what the boat is worth to you and in the market are 2 different things. It is the same thing with cars and SxSs, trailers, etc. Any money you put into little "upgrades" or "addons" are only worth what someone will pay when you sell it.. that is usually pennies on the dollar. Engine and drive upgrades can be worth real dollars, still less than the original cost, but not like other stuff that might be specific to your tastes when you build a boat.

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
Remember, what the boat is worth to you and in the market are 2 different things. It is the same thing with cars and SxSs, trailers, etc. Any money you put into little "upgrades" or "addons" are only worth what someone will pay when you sell it.. that is usually pennies on the dollar. Engine and drive upgrades can be worth real dollars, still lees than the original cost, but not like other stuff that might be specific to your tastes when you build a boat.

I will give you 9 for the caddy.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Remember, what the boat is worth to you and in the market are 2 different things. It is the same thing with cars and SxSs, trailers, etc. Any money you put into little "upgrades" or "addons" are only worth what someone will pay when you sell it.. that is usually pennies on the dollar. Engine and drive upgrades can be worth real dollars, still less than the original cost, but not like other stuff that might be specific to your tastes when you build a boat.
I’m 99% sure I could get exactly what I want for it. I’m not ready to list it and find out though. Everyone said the same thing about my bayliner when I listed it. Got every penny. When I’m ready to build my next boat we’ll see where I’m at. Right now I plan on putting a couple hundred hours on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.