WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Flight Ever..!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Its a little long, but I'm sure you all will recognize a lot of the spots, we flew over Havasu, up to Topock, Needles, and over the Desert bar, and Parker, what an amazing flight, and a great time! looking forward to getting my pilots license and doing it in the pilots seat one day! :D:D

shueman

Reaction score
Too bad we can't see it ... set it to at least "unlisted" :grumble:

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Sorry About that folks I had it set to private! my bad!!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Mine says "this video is private".

:grumble:

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
It may take a while but I will post the second half of the video when I get it uploaded, my PC is slow converting to FLV! argh!

Taboma

Reaction score
Well that was fun, thanks for sharing your flight :thumbsup :D

Although, I damn near fell out of my office chair a couple of times during a few banked turns :lmao

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
High wings are great for sight seeing :thumbsup Flew down to Havasu a while back in my buddy's Cessna 206, 6 seater, totally different view of the delta from the air that's for sure. Lots of cool stuff to see out in the desert as well.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Well that was fun, thanks for sharing your flight :thumbsup :D

Although, I damn near fell out of my office chair a couple of times during a few banked turns :lmao

Funny you mention that we had some good turns for sure, I was texting photos from the air to my daughter with no problems, and the two in the back seat were attempting to keep breakfast down haha! guess I really am a good candidate for getting my private license, what can I say other than I love to fly! :D

Havasteve

Reaction score
Funny you mention that we had some good turns for sure, I was texting photos from the air to my daughter with no problems, and the two in the back seat were attempting to keep breakfast down haha! guess I really am a good candidate for getting my private license, what can I say other than I love to fly! :D

Jason, thanks for posting that, that was fun. Load up the rest of it when able. I appreciate you guys not puking. :thumbsup

drop me a PM if anyone wants a ride.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Jason, thanks for posting that, that was fun. Load up the rest of it when able. I appreciate you guys not puking. :thumbsup

drop me a PM if anyone wants a ride.

No worries! ill do my best when I have a moment this week to convert and load "part 2". it was super fun, and thanks again! looking forward to doing it again. :D:D

Deano

Reaction score
Havasteve- I always want to fly low up river, but considering the nonsense boaters deal with do you worry about the NWR zone there? I know the FAA doesn't care, but
have you heard of other authorities issuing citations for noise, etc..? Awesome video btw!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Thanks for the ride along! Awesome video.

BajaMike

Reaction score
High wings are great for sight seeing :thumbsup Flew down to Havasu a while back in my buddy's Cessna 206, 6 seater, totally different view of the delta from the air that's for sure. Lots of cool stuff to see out in the desert as well.

The Cessna 206 is a nice roomy plane. When I first got in the ambulance business in Chico, Ca, I bought a 206 with the cargo doors and got it certified as an air ambulance. I spent lot of time in the back with critical patients from the mountains of Northern California that we flew to Chico or Sacramento or San Fransisco and then in the right seat on the return flight.

image.jpg

Later we upgraded to a Cessna 421 with a Robertson STOL kit (small high altitude airports on a hot summer day with a full load is scary) and then we went to a King Air 200 with the cargo doors.

Nothing like flying into SFO on a "Lifeguard" flight (the FAA designation for an active air ambulance flight) and the tower asked "Lifeguard 101 are you requesting priority handling"? And we almost always said yes, and they have 747s on final, and he's telling them to slow down for the "Lifeguard" flight to land. We'd meet a ground ambulance at Butler Aviation and sometimes our nurses and paramedics would go into the hospital with them and sometime we'd just drop the patient off with the local ambulance crew, depending on the patients condition.

It's a thrill sitting in the right seat and taking off north out of SFO at night with the city lights on the left and two cute nurses and a bed in back.

:champagne::rolleyes

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The Cessna 206 is a nice roomy plane. When I first got in the ambulance business in Chico, Ca, I bought a 206 with the cargo doors and got it certified as an air ambulance. I spent lot of time in the back with critical patients from the mountains of Northern California that we flew to Chico or Sacramento or San Fransisco and then in the right seat on the return flight.

View attachment 517481

Later we upgraded to a Cessna 421 with a Robertson STOL kit (small high altitude airports on a hot summer day with a full load is scary) and then we went to a King Air 200 with the cargo doors.

Nothing like flying into SFO on a "Lifeguard" flight (the FAA designation for an active air ambulance flight) and the tower asked "Lifeguard 101 are you requesting priority handling"? And we almost always said yes, and they have 747s on final, and he's telling them to slow down for the "Lifeguard" flight to land. We'd meet a ground ambulance at Butler Aviation and sometimes our nurses and paramedics would go into the hospital with them and sometime we'd just drop the patient off with the local ambulance crew, depending on the patients condition.

It's a thrill sitting in the right seat and taking off north out of SFO at night with the city lights on the left and two cute nurses and a bed in back.

:champagne::rolleyes
I had to open this thread and read your post when I saw the picture preview on Tapatalk. Had to make sure that wasn't a picture of me when I was airlifted from the desert. Lol!

BajaMike

Reaction score
I had to open this thread and read your post when I saw the picture preview on Tapatalk. Had to make sure that wasn't a picture of me when I was airlifted from the desert. Lol!

Hope it turned out OK....I'm out of that business now, that was 30 years ago, we were one of the first dedicated air ambulances in Northern Cal. I was on a national committee that helped write the FAA regs for air ambulance, they didn't have any before that. They are all very good now and save a lot of lives.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Hope it turned out OK....I'm out of that business now, that was 30 years ago, we were one of the first dedicated air ambulances in Northern Cal. I was on a national committee that helped write the FAA regs for air ambulance, they didn't have any before that. They are all very good now and save a lot of lives.
Yeah, hindsight I didn't really need an air evac. Knowing what my family has learned about concusions since, I didn't need to go. The first responders insisted on a CT since I was KO'd for an estimated 20 mins. No breaks, no permanent damage at all.

That medi-vac company made some coin that day though. There were 2 of us in the Helo and my bill was 18k JUST for the ride. The other guy had all kinds of stuff hooked up to him during the flight.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Even in emergency situations it sounds like a lot of fun. love flying, I should have pursued my license earlier in life when I had more time, and the expense was not ridiculous.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Had to post my "plugging RDP" pic, I didnt realize my bro snapped the pic from the back seat, and the hat logo was perfect...:D